• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat!

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Anyone ever thought about hacking Pokemon Let's Go? Even though it may not even be possible right now. Like, make a hack where you get the 3rd starter and it's Clefairy, or something.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • I want to make a sideshow hack.

But, pick for me?
    Gen V on Crystal?
    Or, Gen IV on Fire Red.

Like Kanto Black:
    The vanilla game with the inclusion of a different generation. Updated mechanics, etc etc
    A twist I'll wanna add is adding the Generation I add's Gym Leaders, Rival, Evil Team.
    So that the Gym Types and Elite 4 Types are different etc etc~

Or a full original hack. (Need to work on, or get help with, scripting).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gen V on Crystal?
    Or, Gen IV on Fire Red.
    Or a full original hack. (Need to work on, or get help with, scripting).
    A full original hack is a bad idea if you don't have good scripting/mapping imo.
    So, imo, you should go for either Crystal or Fire Red, Crystal with Gen VI sounds better to me than Gen V.

_pheebee

Years
  • A full original hack is a bad idea if you don't have good scripting/mapping imo.
    So, imo, you should go for either Crystal or Fire Red, Crystal with Gen VI sounds better to me than Gen V.

I know how to map, and I know a minimal scripting.

And, I prefer Gen V, to Gen VI.
    There's not really enough Pokémon in Gen VI for Crystal tbh.
    Where as Gen V has roughly 150 pokemon, if not more?

SaviorNight1996

Gaming is Life
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2020
    Hello. I was wondering, why do rom hack makers add in EXP gaining from catching Pokemon, reusable TMs, and such? Don't those make the games easier?

_pheebee

Years
  • Hello. I was wondering, why do rom hack makers add in EXP gaining from catching Pokemon, reusable TMs, and such? Don't those make the games easier?

Modern features are mopst popular.
    When people can't afford the most modern of Pokémon games, or the most released.
    They turn to ROM hacks that features said features from those games.

Z moves, Mega Evo, 720 Pokémon, Rock Climb, Costumes, EXP Catch Gain, Inf. TMs.

etc etc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hello. I was wondering, why do rom hack makers add in EXP gaining from catching Pokemon, reusable TMs, and such? Don't those make the games easier?

My reason for including infinite-use TMs is two-fold, first it helps indecisive players such as myself avoid falling into the trap of "too awesome to use/I don't want to waste it" (I think I didn't use a single one-use TM in my whole time playing Pokémon), and it also means the player is more likely to be able to add a Pokémon to their party later in the game and still have access to a decent moveset.
    On that second point, I consider it a really nice feature to be able to change your team whenever you like, because imo it helps keep the game fresh. Of course infinite TMs is not the only feature that helps this, and the other big one is scaling the wild Pokémon's levels so that they're close to your team (grinding is no fun!)

I don't agree that exp for catching Pokémon has any impact on the difficulty at all, because I'm not catching enough that the extra exp is noticeable.

I'd prefer to make the game hard by making the AI smarter, or giving it better teams, instead handicapping the player's team.

SaviorNight1996

Gaming is Life
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2020
    I wonder, will someone make a GBA version of Pokemon Prism? Or something like it using Emerald as the base? That would be awesome. =)

Hanu P

DRAGON GOD<3
    Years
  • i m thinking of making a gba rom hack with 807 pokes with megas ...............
    i need scripter
    and others i ll tell later

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wonder, will someone make a GBA version of Pokemon Prism? Or something like it using Emerald as the base? That would be awesome. =)
    Isn't part of the charm there that it is in an older shape though n_n

Back