• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Wow I'm not sure I would bring up my phlegm with anyone honestly. Even if you're a good friend, why would I want to subject you to thinking about phlegm? But I feel awkward even when I breathe in some spit and then start coughing because people ask what's wrong and saying "I aspirated some spit" sounds crude but saying saliva sounds pretentious so I just say "I breathed in..." and gesture and they get the gist. AWKWARD.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I don't like Tinder. My sister has met her potenial "boyfriend" on there. They are meeting up and staying in a hotel together granted they've only known each other for a few days sooooo..

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I don't like Tinder. My sister has met her potenial "boyfriend" on there. They are meeting up and staying in a hotel together granted they've only known each other for a few days sooooo..

Yeah, that's definitely sketch-ville. I joined Tinder while on vacation in Massachussetts and decided to ask a girl if she wanted to meet up just to see how she'd respond, given that I was leaving the country the next day. She didn't respond, and I'm not surprised at all. We had been talking for a total of maybe 2 hours? If that? Haha. Kudos to her for playing it safe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Wow I'm not sure I would bring up my phlegm with anyone honestly. Even if you're a good friend, why would I want to subject you to thinking about phlegm? But I feel awkward even when I breathe in some spit and then start coughing because people ask what's wrong and saying "I aspirated some spit" sounds crude but saying saliva sounds pretentious so I just say "I breathed in..." and gesture and they get the gist. AWKWARD.

It's not that big of a deal for me. We're humans and a lot of weird things happen to our bodies so when someone tells me something embarrassing, I react normally. If it's one thing I hate, it's when I am open enough to tell someone about something weird that happen to me and they react with that "grossed out" expression. Like gee thanks, I'm not a monster. -.-

So you shouldn't feel too awkward about saying something that might come off as weird. Weird is normal lol.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but for the longest time I've feared having to court others romantically and put forth a conscious effort into the game of romance. I just want my soul mate and I to come together and not worry about a single thing besides each other and our ambitions, but that seems so fantastical that I feel a bit bad expecting it… but if we're perfect for each other, why would anything else matter?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's not that big of a deal for me. We're humans and a lot of weird things happen to our bodies so when someone tells me something embarrassing, I react normally. If it's one thing I hate, it's when I am open enough to tell someone about something weird that happen to me and they react with that "grossed out" expression. Like gee thanks, I'm not a monster. -.-

So you shouldn't feel too awkward about saying something that might come off as weird. Weird is normal lol.

Yeah I would never actually react badly if someone told me something, but...I don't like doing gross thing because they gross me out so I have no interest in making other people imagine those things unless absolutely necessary. You know what I want? I want a non-crude word like nauseous but that applies to...the other end.

Also, on the other topic here, I don't believe in soulmates. If there's one perfect person for everyone, statistically your soulmate is probably too poor to travel or go online (80% of the world lives on less than $10 a day). Even if I met and interacted with 100 new people every day for an entire lifetime from when I hit like 14 to death (assuming 80 year lifespan), I would interact with 2,409,000 people, .03% of the current world population, and the population is rising faster than I would meet people as well. Based on those stats, it's incredibly unlikely that if one perfect person actually existed, I would ever meet them.

I guess my opinion is more that it doesn't matter whether or not they exist because I probably won't meet them if they do.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    To me, the universe doesn't run on statistics - I think there's a whole lot more at work besides mere chance, but that's a matter of belief.

A lot of my spiritual tendencies lead me to believe that the afterlife is an everlasting euphoria countered by intangibility for the world around you. As far as soulmates go, I entertain the thought that pairs who are meant to be together have been in union across lives for thousands of years, and always end up together in each life by fate. Still, it leads me to question the lack of a soulmate a lot of people have, but then there's the possibility that those without one are younger souls and haven't matured enough spiritually to pair up just yet. Yes, you do keep little things here and there between lives, though you wouldn't know it - most people call those things your personality. :P

Ever heard someone call another an "old soul"? I think a lot of historical figures who preached love and compassion were among those.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah, that does just get down to a matter of belief. I don't believe in fate either, but I can see how the two would go together.

Although one might argue that the person that you match best with will be a person with internet, in a first world country, and around your age, if only because societal norms mold everyone and someone whose norm is "I hope I get something to eat today" is probably not going to have the same perspective as someone who grew up semi-rich in the US.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    Yeah, that's definitely sketch-ville. I joined Tinder while on vacation in Massachussetts and decided to ask a girl if she wanted to meet up just to see how she'd respond, given that I was leaving the country the next day. She didn't respond, and I'm not surprised at all. We had been talking for a total of maybe 2 hours? If that? Haha. Kudos to her for playing it safe.

Within the first couple of minutes after joining Tinder, I found someone who, "needed help paying the bills"
    No thanks...

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Yeah, that does just get down to a matter of belief. I don't believe in fate either, but I can see how the two would go together.

Although one might argue that the person that you match best with will be a person with internet, in a first world country, and around your age, if only because societal norms mold everyone and someone whose norm is "I hope I get something to eat today" is probably not going to have the same perspective as someone who grew up semi-rich in the US.
    Strangely, the more I dance with these high questions, the more logic I see in systemic absolution; processes work their best in an all-or-nothing state. The complications and shades of grey we introduce to to our lives may be misappropriated, no? Doesn't it make sense that spiritual and emotional occurrences are shown best in an infinite spectrum, and that cognitive and logical occurrences are shown best in monochrome?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Strangely, the more I dance with these high questions, the more logic I see in systemic absolution; processes work their best in an all-or-nothing state. The complications and shades of grey we introduce to to our lives may be misappropriated, no? Doesn't it make sense that spiritual and emotional occurrences are shown best in an infinite spectrum, and that cognitive and logical occurrences are shown best in monochrome?

I missed reading posts like this while you were gone. and this may sound somewhat sarcastic but I find them entertaining to read, I swear.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    See that writing style was how I made the connection to your other account.

Did you know that absolution and absolutism are very, very different words and absolution has nothing to do with things being absolute whatsoever? Anyway the idea that everything should be absolute and one thing or the other is a very classical perspective; not even our physical bodies act that way on the molecular level.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I would feel very disturbed if it were to be maccrash in disguise... Nick I can handle

I mean because of age don't get too offended

Your sister is getting the D

wow I wonder if we ever tinder matched then

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    you would only feel disturbed because you'd like it and you don't know how to deal with those feelings

I am a woman with the finest morals thank you very much take note from my tinder

Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    PC, I uh.... I woke up today with the strangest feeling in my gut that something big has changed, and I have no clue what it could be. I know something of great magnitude has taken place and I fear it's not necessarily for the better...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    wow I wonder if we ever tinder matched then

Iunno, I was in the greater Boston area and I still have the few matches down at the bottom of my list gathering dust lol. One of them's a hottie, too. Wish I coulda gone somewhere with it.

I am a woman with the finest morals thank you very much take note from my tinder

Spoiler:

LOL. Just saw this. Love the line. I don't remember having the option to swipe you, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back