• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Once I didn't wash my hair and my grease turned into acid, eating my head top-down until I became nothing more than a pile of hair. :(

Not washing - not even once
    Poor oryxhair :( Well, general can't always include everyone. But yeah, back when I shampoed my hair daily it became greasy daily as well. But I held on for three days at a time for a few weeks, keeping my hair in a bun or pony tail if it got nasty, and it got better.

such hairtalk dcc

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I've just been away from home for the past week with work and had absolutely no internet the entire time. It was absolutely horrible. BUT I'M BACK NOW OH MY GOD HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU GUYS.

I don't have any jokes. I do have heartfelt appreciation for PC though if that counts? ^.^

EDIT: This place is like crack. I was away for a week and started having withdrawals. Now I'm back, I can't stop refreshing and visiting random topics and oh my god I need to go to bed I have work in six hours.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    not a joke but real life

I got very drunk last night and then woke up this morning naked in my bed with a robe that I do not know how I came in possession of. Also there were two cups of tea next to my bed that I drank?? My thighs are covered in bruises and I also have a lumpy cut across one though the person I was with claims I never fell.

When I woke up I had a voicemail from my mom asking me to take the clothes out of the washing machine from last night. I went into the laundry room today and all the clothes were out so I assumed she did it. So when I saw her this morning I was like "sorry I never took the clothes out I drank a little too much last night :)" and she was like "but I thought you did because I never did or asked anyone else..." THE MYSTERY CONTINUES I WILL HAVE MORE UPDATES LATER

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    not a joke but real life

I got very drunk last night and then woke up this morning naked in my bed with a robe that I do not know how I came in possession of. Also there were two cups of tea next to my bed that I drank?? My thighs are covered in bruises and I also have a lumpy cut across one though the person I was with claims I never fell.

When I woke up I had a voicemail from my mom asking me to take the clothes out of the washing machine from last night. I went into the laundry room today and all the clothes were out so I assumed she did it. So when I saw her this morning I was like "sorry I never took the clothes out I drank a little too much last night :)" and she was like "but I thought you did because I never did or asked anyone else..." THE MYSTERY CONTINUES I WILL HAVE MORE UPDATES LATER
    I am invested in this story don't disappoint me with the delivery!!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    not a joke but real life

Wow you are worse than me even. Please update as the plot thickens 8)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lol fair warning this may not be that exciting

I texted my cousin to find out what happened and it turns out towards the end of the night she wanted to go to a convenience store for something and asked me if I wanted to come with her. She drove to the store and I supposedly continuously said throughout the rest of the night "I'm a smoker not a drinker" LOL...

When we got to the store I saw one of my friends outside ordering a redbox so I yelled "IS THAT REALLY YOU?!" and she ended up coming to the car and we talked. I still don't know what we talked about but my cousin claims (and the girl b/c I texted her after I found this out) that I said nothing embarrassing or stupid.

While at the store I noticed I had a voice mail from my mom and that's where I listened to it and told my cousin about the clothes. But apparently before we even left for the store we had went inside and my mom went up to my cousin and told her to tell me to do it. And apparently it was me who did it all along.

After we left the store she dropped me off and said I went inside myself and she told me to drink some water lol. So I'm guessing I made both cups of tea myself, but I don't know why I made two or if I made them at the same time or anything. If I had to guess I'd say I must of went down to my room after making them, got naked, (I found my clothes thrown in a corner in the laundry room earlier) and then somehow got a robe. Only mystery now is the bruises and cut. All I can think of is that while alone and drunk I must of bashed into a million things.

but yeah only thing I remember out of all of this is that we were driving to the store but idek what she wanted or anything that was said between us and I really do not remember the whole laundry thing at all so yeah CASE CLOSED

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    It's absolutely belting down with rain, everyone I work with has the day off, and here I am being dragged two hours away from home for the day by my boss because "I'm on a trial period, I have to go". I'm completely outraged and will possibly be having one of the worst days I've had this year. Utterly disgusted with this.

UPDATE: It's now two hours later and after driving to Sydney, it's not raining in the one specific area I'm working at. I've stopped complaining like a little girl, and now I'm just tired and want to get home and make more graphics and play Football Manager. She's a hard life.

Last edited:

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Maybe some music to unwind on your break, Veranithas? Normally that's what I try to do to unwind while at work

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Thanks for the suggestion, Whimsicott. I decided to take your advice on my lunch break and just listen to some nice music, then the serenity was broken by my boss demanding we sit at his 70+ year old father's house for lunch, so if I were to continue listening to my music I would've seemed rude.

So I did. Ah well, hopefully it's not raining tomorrow and I can just do my job and go home. How's everyone else's week been so far? After all it's midweek, nearly the weekend!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Good on you for sticking it out. My week has been great, actually. Kicked it off with Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Every year I remember that Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday lmao. And so I had Thanksgiving monday off from work. Tuesday I did the usual biz, and today I'm off work because I just bumped my hours to part time so I can focus on planning out my next life steps on my path to starting my career in film & television. Tomorrow I'll be heading back to the barista job and I'll have friday & saturday off as usual.

Oh, I did get a sore throat yesterday which sucked, and I'm still feeling the remnants of that this morning. -.-

Years
    I wish I was in Canada right now, then I could've stayed home for Thanksgiving. But I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving as much as Black Friday.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Good on you for sticking it out. My week has been great, actually. Kicked it off with Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Every year I remember that Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday lmao. And so I had Thanksgiving monday off from work. Tuesday I did the usual biz, and today I'm off work because I just bumped my hours to part time so I can focus on planning out my next life steps on my path to starting my career in film & television. Tomorrow I'll be heading back to the barista job and I'll have friday & saturday off as usual.

Oh, I did get a sore throat yesterday which sucked, and I'm still feeling the remnants of that this morning. -.-

Why thank you. Was rough, but I was compensated with an unplanned day off today as my brother-in-law slept through his alarm and my boss & workmates already drove down to Sydney for work. I don't know what to do with myself; might play some Football Manager or something. Definitely going to finish off the Omega Ruby demo.

That's a nice career path to try and be going down! It sucks that you got a sore throat yesterday, though. :( Feeling any better today?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I wish I was in Canada right now, then I could've stayed home for Thanksgiving. But I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving as much as Black Friday.

Black Friday has infiltrated its way here as well. But I don't understand it. Why does it exist? It's even more capitalist than Valentine's Day! I figured our equivalent to Black Friday is post-Christmas Boxing Day sales where everything is like 50-70% off. I mean, at least that makes sense. Inventory's gotta liquidate.

That's a nice career path to try and be going down! It sucks that you got a sore throat yesterday, though. :( Feeling any better today?

The throat ache is gone, but now my nose is running and my head is all cloudy/achy. I hate it. Can't get much done other than sleep and play video games. Wait a sec, what's to hate about that! {XD}

Hoping this will be cleared up by tomorrow.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Black Friday has infiltrated its way here as well. But I don't understand it. Why does it exist? It's even more capitalist than Valentine's Day! I figured our equivalent to Black Friday is post-Christmas Boxing Day sales where everything is like 50-70% off. I mean, at least that makes sense. Inventory's gotta liquidate.

Black Friday is seen as the start of the Christmas shopping season. I mean, its definition is capitalist. It's not a holiday. Its name literally comes from making money (putting companies "in the black"). Complaining about Black Friday being capitalist and putting it in the same vein as Valentine's Day is silly - VDay masquerades as an emotional, romantic holiday to support capitalism while Black Friday is capitalism at its best: open, honest portrayal of "I'm giving you a discount to make money" and "I'm making you money to get a good discount".

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Black Friday is seen as the start of the Christmas shopping season. I mean, its definition is capitalist. It's not a holiday. Its name literally comes from making money (putting companies "in the black"). Complaining about Black Friday being capitalist and putting it in the same vein as Valentine's Day is silly - VDay masquerades as an emotional, romantic holiday to support capitalism while Black Friday is capitalism at its best: open, honest portrayal of "I'm giving you a discount to make money" and "I'm making you money to get a good discount".

Ah, OK. I did think it had some sort of holiday or traditional history. And the way it was celebrated had devolved to nothing more than gigantic discounts. Thanks for clearing that up.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Deals aren't as good here in Canada though :(

Do you have similar reservations about Cyber Monday? o.o

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Deals aren't as good here in Canada though :(

Do you have similar reservations about Cyber Monday? o.o

No, I don't really participate in any of the stuff. Cyber Monday I knew was just some traditional big sale, and that's great... I thought Black Friday was some legitimate holiday where sales were how the nation celebrated. Thinking back, nothing really points to that.

Seems I've come across as very hateful towards the nationwide sales, which I'm not. They do great things for people who can truly use them. I am not a snob that only buys at full price because I like to spend my money lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think it might just be the America/Canada divide there - I bet Cyber Monday became a thing over there at the same time as in the US, because it's really only a very recent thing and the world is so global now. But Black Friday is so linked to American culture that you really had no reason to know about its origins because...well...you're not American, haha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    No, I don't really participate in any of the stuff. Cyber Monday I knew was just some traditional big sale, and that's great... I thought Black Friday was some legitimate holiday where sales were how the nation celebrated. Thinking back, nothing really points to that.

Seems I've come across as very hateful towards the nationwide sales, which I'm not. They do great things for people who can truly use them. I am not a snob that only buys at full price because I like to spend my money lol.
    Nah, not at all. Sorry if I contributed to that impression.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back