• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow:

Shadow released Arryn's hand as they were all not through the portal. Shadow looked around, all the pokemon seemed to me looking at him oddly. He knew then that Lydia's wasn't lying. Shadow looked for a spot under an old oak that seemed comfortable for him to think about things.

"Man I really wouldn't mind a Kalos Macaroon right about now." Shadow said as he took a spot under the oak tree he had found. Lucario had taken a spot up against a boulder, that wasn't far away from Shadow, and leaned back on the boulder to take a nap. His Eevee crawled down from Shadow's shoulder and laid in his lap.

Shadow closed his eyes as he softly stroked his Eevee, remembering the two men who had hurt it the first night he had met Arryn and Tulip. He could feel the air getting slightly cooler with the approach of autumn. He could smell a rose from a Roserade that was somewhere in the foods. He could smell multiple sweet scents from different pokemon.

When Shadow was relaxed, he began reflecting on everything that had happened previously. He entered a meditative trance. That reminded him of a Darmanitan's Zen Mode, but it was a normal trance that humans could use even without psychic powers.

Hmm balance. to become similar to my old self.... I need balance. Before I changed, I was a balance between Light and Dark. Fighting being the light and dark being... well dark. Now that I am fire, what would help me retain balance? Shadow thought.

An image of Arryn popped into his mind which made him lose his concentration. His eyes opened as he looked around quickly.

"Damn... why... why is she entering my mind?" Shadow said in a low tone where only he could hear.

Shadow concentrated again, trying to find inner peace. He took in a deep breath and entered a trance like state again.

Fire... it bring chaos and no control... but it also bring warmth and light. Without fire, no one would survive... Water would be the opposite, but water can boil from fire... so what would be the true opposite? Again, an image of Arryn popped into his mind and again making him lose focus.

"Damn it... Why? Why do I feel like this? I have only known her for 3 days... why..." Shadow relaxed.

He moved around some to get comfortable yet again and entered the trance once more.

If not water then what? What could be the true opposite of fire? An image of Arryn again entered his mind, Ugh damn it! Why!? Maybe Tulip was right... maybe I do like Arryn more than I thought... Am I pushing my own feelings away? Is that is what is causing me so much turmoil inside?

Suddenly a cool breeze whistled by him from the direction in which Arryn was located. The breeze made him shiver. He opened his eyes and looked at Arryn and it hit him.

Ice! Yes that is it! Ice is cold and fire is hot. When fire meets ice, the ice melts and turns to water. The water than washes away the flame in which was created by the fire! That is what me and Arryn did this morning to clean her up! That is it. That has to be the opposite of fire! But how? How could I get that? Could Arryn somehow give me an Ice typing similar to how Sara had? But how would... Shadow thought, but his mind became clouded by the thoughts that had just entered his head. He turned krabby red as he quickly looked away from Arryn, shaking his head to clear his mind.

Shadow was not sure how he would replace fighting with ice. Perhaps he just needed an Ice pokemon, or become close to Arryn for it to balance out.

It looks like I will be making a trip to Ice Cave there... maybe I can figure things out better in an icy environment. But I would have to get some warmer clothing. Even as a fire type, I will still feel the cold. Fire can still be canceled completely out if it is too cold. Arryn... I should tell her. If I get in trouble, she would be able to come help. Besides, I wouldn't be too surprised if she wanted to save me for once after saving her three times. I could ask her if she remembered becoming an Ice type, but I do not want her to remember those days if she doesn't have to. I am sure it is something like surviving an extremely cold freezer or something.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
    Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Arryn; Ice & Dark

Arryn sits away from the group at the base of a tree, unsure.

She wanted to talk to Tulip, more than anything, but she was hurt. Arryn is more than a little confused by Tulip defending that witch. She almost killed me yet Tulip acts like they're sisters...

Shadow seems to be struggling with his new leadership appointment and all Arryn wants to do at this stage is help him. They've been through the ringer and for now, she has to be there for him.

"Shadow," she walks over to where he sits. "You don't have to do this alone, you know..." Arryn plants herself opposite him, legs crossed beneath her and elbows resting on her knees. "If you need help, let me know."

The entire situation was wearing on her, too. Gray leaving the way he did has rubbed Arryn the wrong way - why would he just kiss me and leave? She inwardly rolls her eyes at herself for dwelling on something like that. There's more to worry about.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow:

Shadow continues to think on how to get an Ice typing to reach balance, looking down at his Eevee, petting it.

"Shadow, you don't have to do this alone, you know... If you need help, let me know." Arryn had come over to him, sitting opposite from him. Shadow looked up, he could tell she felt a little off, just by the way she was talking.

"Arryn, actually. I wanted to ask you for help. I just wanted to make sure you were up to talking after what happened. But yes, Arryn, I want your help. I can't lead, not alone. I just can't be a leader. I never wanted to lead in the first place. On top of that... I allowed four of my pokemon to leave me. All in which were good friends. Tulip is mad at me... and everyone else is split up. I wanted everyone to have their own space." Shadow said.

He studied her for a moment, "And your words ring true for me as well. You don't have to deal with everything alone. If you need help with something, let me know as well. Arryn... you are the closest thing I have to a family right now, other than the pokemon, at least what I think is a family. I don't want to lose you like my pokemon." Shadow said.

Shadow wasn't sure where his words were coming from. They flowed out like a river. He adjusted himself and said on something sharp.

"Ouch!" He kinda screamed, but lightly. He quickly reached for his bottom and pulled up a item.

He studied for a moment. It looked like an extremely sharp claw, "Hmm isn't this suppose to be a razor claw? I wonder where it came from? It wasn't here a second ago. At least I didn't think it was." He smiled.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

"Arryn, actually. I wanted to ask you for help. I just wanted to make sure you were up to talking after what happened. But yes, Arryn, I want your help. I can't lead, not alone. I just can't be a leader. I never wanted to lead in the first place. On top of that... I allowed four of my pokemon to leave me. All in which were good friends. Tulip is mad at me... and everyone else is split up. I wanted everyone to have their own space."

"We all need a break away from each other," Arryn nods. "We are all dealing with crap on our own and with tension in the group... it's best if we all just leave each other alone for a bit."

When Shadow confesses that she's like family to him, she can't help but agree. He's saved her twice from certain death and has always been a shoulder to lean on. It was easy to act normal with him, she felt completely comfortable in his presence.

Unlike Gray where she questions everything. Those two are completely different people...

"I don't want to lose you like my pokemon."

"You won't." She promises with a small shrug of her shoulders.

He suddenly pulls a Razor Claw from beneath him, smirking slightly at item.

"You were sitting on that?" A smile chips away at her pensive expression. How do things like this even happen?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow:

Shadow was happy to see a smile cross Arryn's face, "I guess so. Hmm... I wonder if we can take items out of here? She only said we couldn't catch pokemon. For all I know, it could have fallen out of these pants. At least it was a Razor Claw and nothing else that had fallen out." Shadow looked around.

Hmm only Sneasel use these for anything. But I don't see any around at all. So... where did it come from? If it was from these pants, thank Arceus it was nothing else. Otherwise it would have been extremely embarrassing. Unable to find an answer, he wondered if this item had already been in the pocket of the man who the plants belonged to.

Shadow hen realized one very important thing... he had never gotten his shirt back form Arryn. Out of no where the shirt landed on his shoulder. He looked around again and then looked up, Lucario was now above him.

"Thanks Lucario! With autumn coming soon, it probably wouldn't be wise to walk around with out a shirt. I could catch a cold easily." Shadow said.

Lucario smiled and went back to laying up against his rock he had found. Shadow got up and put his shirt back on. Eevee had jumped got out of his lap and climbed up Arryn's shoulder and lightly licked her on the cheek.

'E-veve'

Shadow took his spot back across from Arryn, "You have a nice smile by the way. I am not sure I have seen you smile once in the few days I have been in the group. I think the only time I saw you smile is when we first met." Shadow said, "Looks like my Eevee likes you. That is good." With that, Eevee jumped down in her lap where both of them could pet Eevee.

Shadow looked at the Razor Claw that was still in his hand, "How about you take this? Maybe I can get you a Sneasil to match it one day." Shadow said, taking Arryn's hand and placing it in her hand.

He knew he needed to talk to her about the Ice Cave trip he planned to take, but right now, but he didn't show it. If he asked her to come with him, he wonder if she would accept him going? He wasn't going to train like Gray, he was going to train to help Eevee evolve into a Glacieon. He knew that he wouldn't be gone long. He was glad to know that Arryn was at least own his side.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
    Lydia

Lydia finished her mental conversation with the psychic Pokemon and looked around. Giving Orchid a cautious glare for a few seconds, Lydia then began to look around at her home once again. She then began to seemingly wander around the small opening to take in the sights. As Lydia wandered around, the Pokemon did not move from its position. It looking like a breathing statue that stood guard over this small area of the forest. The Fletchling took off from Lydia's shoulder and disappeared into the forest to look for food as she wandered around.

Lydia's mood began to lighten as she breathed in the fresh air and felt the soft grass under her bare feet. Spotting Arryn and Shadow she quickly approached them her voice joyfully entering their heads, "What do you think? It's nice isn't it?" She had an excited smile by the time she was standing next to them. Her voice once again entered their minds, "Come with me I want to show you my dwelling! Its small but it's nice. I doubt you have seen anything like it before." She beckoned them to follow her and she turn to run off before suddenly freezing in place. Slowly turning back around her face had an apologetic smile on it and she was blushing, "I am sorry, did I interrupt you? I can leave you two be for a little if you want to finish your conversation."

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

I don't even remember the last time I smiled... Arryn strokes Eevee's fur and holds the Razor Claw with free hand, genuinely concerned about when she turned into some broody adult.

"I am sorry, did I interrupt you? I can leave you two be for a little if you want to finish your conversation."

"Not at all," Arryn stands carefully and places the Eevee into Shadow's lap.

Shadow clearly wanted to tell her something, but it would be better if it were private. When she puts the Razor Claw in her bag that she lugged back from the house with her, she joins Lydia's side for the tour.

Arryn glances over at Orchid, skeptical that she won't try anything again. Another fight would not go in my favour this time... Luck will have nothing to do with it. She's already lost a lot of blood today and has been poisoned more times than she wants to remember.

At least she wouldn't be doing it alone, this time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow's Noivern:

Noivern flew away from the mountain, trying to sense his trainer's presence. The bond between it in Shadow were strong even across such a vast distance. Noivern could see snow forming further north, even further north of the Lake of Rage, which used to contain a Red Gyarados, but a trainer caught it a while ago. Noivern glided on the mountain winds. He suddenly heard a cry from far below, being able to hear the highest of sounds with its ears.

"Help please!"

Noivern folded its wings into a dive. Soaring through clouds, he could see a child, of about the age of 10, hanging on for dear life about a large chasm that lead to a rushing river.. Noivern quickly reacted as the child let go. Noivern, being the fastest dragon, dived below the child and caught him on his back. Noivern flew back up and landed on the cliff, where a traveling group of three other children, about the same age, was running toward them. The child slipped off the back and joined his friends.

"Oh wow! A Noivern! I never thought I would see one here!"
    "What's a Noivern?"
    "It is a pokemon form my home region, Kalos. They are the fastest dragon type pokemon around."
    "Oh wow! We should catch it!"
    "No! He obviously has a trainer. He is probably scouting near by. You can tell it has been raised well."
    "You are right. Here mister Noivern! Why not take this basket of Kalos Macaroons to your trainer. As thanks."
    "Here let me right a note really quick!"

One of the four children quickly wrote a note and placed it in the basket, and then put the handle of the basket in Noivern's mouth.

'Noivern?' Noivern turned its head, obviously not knowing what was happening. He blinked. And then suddenly all 4 children hugged the dragon type. Noivern blushed.

After a minute, the kids left. And Noivern took off with the basket, heading in the direction of his trainer.

Shadow:

Shadow was glad when she accepted the razor claw.

"Come with me I want to show you my dwelling! Its small but it's nice. I doubt you have seen anything like it before. I am sorry, did I interrupt you? I can leave you two be for a little if you want to finish your conversation." Lydia's voice entered both of their heads.

"Not at all," Arryn stood up carefully and placed Eevee into Shadow's lap. Eevee climbed up his shoulder and stayed on his shoulder.

"Nope. It is fine." Shadow smiled, blushing slightly.

Shadow stood and looked over at Orchird. He could tell they were both concerned. But Tulip wasn't here to save her this time. However, Shadow didn't want to bring more pain to these pokemon, already scared of humans. He knew Arryn couldn't lose in more blood and he was sure that there was small traces of poison left. She needed to rest. So did he. He wasn't sure how he could still walk. He had been completely changed in one day and the only reason he had slept well was because he had fallen asleep with Arryn's hand in his. He was sure by now that he could no longer doubt that he liked Arryn. What made it odd was the fact that he was sure he had stronger feelings toward Arryn than he did Sara. But he would no reveal them easily.

"I would love to see more of the Haven." Shadow said, temporarily pushing his traveling plans to the side, joining Lydia and Arryn.

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray​
    Pokemon: None
    Type: Electric, Fighting

After a few more minutes of traveling up the mountain, I came across an opening that lead outside. I wasn't high enough where there was snow, but the ground below looked like a long drop.

"Heh, I'll find the strongest Pokemon where all the snow is... The top" I said to myself. I glanced up and noticed a dragon like bat flying towards the mountain. I ignored it and went back into the cave. Moments later I hear a call for my name.

"Gray!" It called out. I went back outside and there, stood a girl with a gem in her forehead. She looked very familiar, and she had a Persian.

"... Are you perhaps... Val?" I asked, not very sure. I don't remember the people I kill, but then as seconds past, My eyes widen. It IS her.

"I killed you, What are you doing here? How did you find me?" Questions filled my mind.

"Tch, Nevermind that, Here for a rematch?" I asked, entering battle stance, assuming she wanted revenge. Hmm... Revenge doesn't fit her personality... Wait a second... She said something about me being a master. Could it be that...

I lowered my guard at the possibility she came here to serve me.

Years
    Rex Dart

This place is unbelievable. Dragons adorn almost everything, and it smells like wood smoke and cooked meat. The lighting is dim, but comfortably so, and the aisles are wide enough to accommodate two people at once. (Or one Rex-sized person.)

Rex loves it immediately.

The host leads the two Dragons to a booth, leaving them both menus. "So, what do you think you're going to get?" Deacon tries striking up a conversation again. Rex grins, reaching into his jacket pocket. "Kid, there's two things you should know if you're gonna eat with me. Firstly, I eat a lot. Especially when I'm stressed, angry, or tired. And second..."

He pulls out a roll of cash, removing a couple hundreds. "I always pay, on account of the first thing." He raises his hand to get someone's attention. "Waiter! Two of everything on this menu!"

He smiles politely at Deacon. "And what are you having?"

Melody Hendricks

"I like older songs too... They help calm my mood. Can you sing one for me, please?" Jack asks, making Melody gasp.

"You... want me to sing? No one ever asks for a song, except Cyrus, and he just wants me to use the magic songs! Of course I'll do it, best buddy!" She finishes her drink, thinking for a moment. "What's a good one?"

Not only does she have a new best friend, but he did her a favor and actually appreciates her. It makes her feel good inside, and she rolls with that feeling.

"Tonight... I'm gonna have myself,
    A real good time. I feel ali~i~i~ive...
    And the world, is turnin' inside out, yeah.
    I'm floating around, in ecstasy, so
    Don't, stop me, now...
    Don't, stop, 'cuz I'm havin' a good time,
    Havin' a good time!"

Some of the Rockets who had seen her performance earlier immediately leave the room, many of their friends joining them. Melody doesn't care. She's not singing to cause chaos, or put anyone under her spell, she's just singing for fun. She's having such a good time, and she doesn't wanna stop at all.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    Val scratched behind Persian's ear, muttering thanks for his work in tracking Gray down. Lifting his Ultra Ball, she recalled the Pokemon then clipped the capsule to her belt. Drawing her sword, her eyes narrowed as she slowly moved towards Gray. Stopping a few feet away, she brought sword up to point the tip at him...then suddenly reversed her grip and spun the sword around to press the tip gently against the ground as she knelt, lowering her head. "Yes, you did kill me. And technically, I am still dead. Ghost type DNA was added to my body to revive me. As for finding you, Persian picked up your scent from some of your blood left over from our battle. He tracked you back to that house, where Shadow allowed me a ride on his Noivern to find you here. My reason for coming after you..." She took a breath and closed her eyes. "Gray, we have met in battle and you have triumphed. I recognize your strength, and I would be honored to serve under you." Going a short pause, she glanced up at him. "That is my way. I follow the strongest I can find. That is the sole reason I stuck around Team Rocket."

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Gray​
    Pokemon: None
    Type: Electric, Fighting

I flinched when she pointed to the sword to me, but to my surprise, she knelt.

"Gray, we have met in battle and you have triumphed. I recognize your strength, and I would be honored to serve under you. That is my way. I follow the strongest I can find. That is the sole reason I stuck around Team Rocket."

"Is that so?" I asked looking down at her.

She's not a bad opponent, and having her loyalty shifted to me could prove useful. Though, I'm interested to see how far that loyalty will go... She was an enemy after all, and this could well be a trick.

As she looked at me, I gently run my hair through her hair as if petting a well behaved dog.
    "Just how far will your loyalty go? I asked, my hand steadily reaching her chin. "Would you allow me to play with your body day and night and when I'm done with you, would it be acceptable if I tossed you away like garbage?" I asked in a sadistic tone.

I have no use for someone who is hesitant around me. Someone willing to go to hell and come back, to put there life on the line is worthy of following me.

Her response will begin the test.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    Val tensed slightly as Gray moved to run his hand though her hair, stroking her as if she were some kind of pet. His words brought a small grimace to her face, and Gray's hand moving to her chin prevented her from lowering her head to hide it. The best she could do was wipe the grimace off her face quickly. "In pledging my loyalty to you, I am giving permission to do as you wish. I do not take to being bullied, nor treated like a slave, because both show weakness in the one who thinks they have power over me. But anything else...I will allow," she answered. The hybrid figured he might not be so quick to trust her after her original assignment of hunting down and taking care of any non-Rocket hybrid; she'd likely have to prove her loyalty in some way. Gray didn't seem like the kind of person to be as accepting as Shadow or Rex.

Last edited:
    Years
    Brian Sage

He was running. He was running for his life. "Why did I trust them?" He thought, "I was so stupid!" He pivoted his head around to see that the two rocket grunts were still following him. He grunted and ran faster. "They're faster, stronger and they know the area better than I do." He thought "But I'm smarter, and I can make that work." He ran further down the street turning quickly hoping they would loose him. But they were still there. And he was getting tired. "I can do this!" He lied, "I can run forever!" another lie, "I'm going to die!" He was so tired that he knew his only hope was to try and hide somewhere. He turned and plowed through the door of what looked like an Asian restaurant, landing on a table in someone's lunch. Or make that lunches. It looked like they ordered everything on the menu! He stared at the giant man in front of him. He looked mad. Or sad? Or maybe surprised? Brian was bad at reading people, he was more into reading books and playing with his pokemon. "Umm, Hey?" He said, "Sorry about your lunch."​

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Shadow's Noivern:

Noivern was flying low, trying to avoid higher wind gust with the basket in its mouth. He was almost to where he could sense Shadow, but before he could make it. He heard yet another cry from down below, but this time it was a grown man's yell. Noivern flew down to where the construction worker was. Noivern could tell he was having problems holding a pillar up, even with the help of some fighting typed pokemon and other men. They were pulling on a rope and the rope snapped. The pillar crashed toward the earth.

"Move move move! It is falling!" A man yelled.

Noivern reacted quickly and used whirlwind to keep the pillar form falling, Noivern kept it up until the constructions workers were able to get a crane hooked around it. Quickly, they heaved it up. They finally got it too stand right.

"Thank you very much Noivern. If not for you, some of us would probably be dead. Take this cash back to your trainer. It is at least we can do for you saving us. Here I will even write a note and place it in the basket." One of the construction workers said.

And with that Noivern flew off again after his long adventure, he wanted to get back to Shadow.

Shadow:

Shadow turned his head skyward as his Noivern landed.

"Noivern.... where did you get those?" Shadow asked.

Noivern's eyes widened as he quickly put the basket down and pushed the basket toward Shadow.

Shadow saw two notes and a stack of money. His eyes widened. "Wow..."

Shadow gave his Noivern a big hug after reading the notes, "You did great! Now go rest for the time. You deserve it." Shadow says.

He grabs a macaroon which was basically 2 mini cookies cakes with filling. He took a bite of one and it melted in his mouth, "Anyone want a Kalos Macaroon?"

Last edited:
    Years
    Rex Dart

Rex always enjoys the looks he gets when he eats out like this. People's expressions range from "Who's getting all that?" to "Whoa, that guy is huge!" to "Yeah, that makes sense." He makes sure to tip the waiter well, but everything goes quiet when the door is flung open and some kid lands on his orange chicken.

Rex is naturally surprised, his expression darkening to annoyed as the kid stares at him. "Um, hey? Sorry about your lunch."

"Sorry?" Rex growls, looking up when the door is flung open again. Two Rocket grunts barge in, looking around. One points directly at the kid, and they start heading this way. "Deacon? Make sure he's okay. I'll take out this trash." Rex stands, and both grunts stop, suddenly nervous. Rex moves toward them, and they turn tail and run, hitting the door.

Sadly, it opens in, and Rex catches up to them. He tackles the door, knocking it off its hinges and leaving the grunts dazed. He picks one up in each hand, knocking their heads together and tossing them into an open dumpster. For good measure, he slams the metal lid shut before going back inside.

Rex apologizes to the host, giving him an extra hundred to pay for the door.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
    Deacon Masterson

Deacon has a nice lunch with Rex, eating everything Asian wise he could possibly imagine. It's so filling and good, that what happens next nearly startles him. A kid somehow lands on Rex's food. Deacon turns his head around to see two Rocket Grunts at the door. "Deacon? Make sure he's okay. I'll take out this trash. "Got it Rex." Deacon manages to say before Rex takes care of the grunts. "Hey kid, where did you come from? Let me help you out with your position here." Deacon says to the newcomer. Deacon picks up the kid by his shirt with one hand, and places him in a seated position in the booth next to himself. "Mind telling me why some Rocket grunts were after you? I have a bone to pick with them anyway. Also, would you care for some wasabi?" Deacon asks the boy. Deacon smiles with his eyes closed as he has a plate of wasabi in one hand, offering it to the boy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Frost

Jack listens to Melody sing and rocks his head slowly with his eyes closed until she's done. He notices the rocket grunts leaving, and gives them a glare to tell them to back off. Then he looks back at Melody and claps, applauding her song. "That was great! Thanks for singing one of your songs for me, I truly enjoyed it. I do feel like I'm having a good time too." Jack says to her. He notices the time on his watch and it's getting late. The chefs come back in and clean off all the tables before disappearing again. "Hey, it's getting late. I guess we better head back to the barracks to get some sleep." Jack says to her. "I want to get some rest in case Team Rocket gives me another mission tomorrow, but I enjoyed hanging out with you." Jack adds on. He begins to stand up and walk towards the doors, guiding Melody's hand in his while walking to the barracks, still humming the song she sung.

Years
    Delysia - Mt. Silver

A small stone slipped under her foot as she stalked the strange man, and she flinched at the sound as it clattered against the hard rock beneath her feet. She froze, not even daring to breathe, then hesitantly continued through the cave as the footsteps continued to echo away from her at a still constant rate. Delysia wasn't particularly great at moving stealthily, but this guy hadn't even noticed a single thing she had done. Either he was incredibly unobservant, or just didn't care he was being followed. She hoped it was the first, the second might lead to trouble. Then again, this entire escapade was only leading to trouble. What was she trying to accomplish? The guy meant nothing to her, she was only driven on by a constant sense of curiosity.

Despite her caution, she continued on after making sure he hadn't noticed her blunder, keeping him just out of sight but close enough to know which way he had gone through the tunnels. After a few minutes, the light grew until she saw an opening to the outside, and saw the silhouette of the mysterious man. She started to edge closer, then quickly backpedaled as he turned to return back into the cave. Her knee scraped against the ground as she rolled behind a rock, hopefully enough to conceal her in the dark, and she tried her best to calm her unsteady breathing. Surely he must have been temporarily blinded from the light, but she wasn't sure if he had seen her or not. She heard his footsteps grow closer, then stop as an unfamiliar voice from the outside shouted something. The man stopped, then turned back outside, leaving Delysia safe for the moment.

She sighed in relief, then questioned why she was even doing this again. She could be at her campsite by now making herself lunch and relaxing, and instead she was stalking a complete stranger through a mountain. Ignoring the logical part of her brain for not the first time that day, she crept to the cave opening, trying to get a view of what was going on. A strong wind whipped across the mountainside, and the cloudy grey sky cast an even light on the cold landscape. She then noticed the two people. One of them was the guy she had been following, the other was a woman. She was dressed almost like a soldier would be, with combat boots and what appeared to be some sort of bullet proof vest or breastplate, as well as gauntlets on both arms. To top off the almost medieval look, she had a sword point down in the earth, kneeling as if to pledge her loyalty to a king. Delysia couldn't quite make out what they were saying, the wind kept carrying their words away from her. She dared to move closer, taking cover when neither was looking behind a boulder just off the main path.

With her new hiding spot, she could start to make out some of the words that they were saying. "Gray, we....in battle...you strength, and I would...follow the strongest..." The rest of the words were lost once again as the wind picked up once again. She growled in frustration not being able to hear. Then the man started petting her hair, then moving his hand down and forcefully lifted the woman's cheek. The words were blown away, but Delysia could tell that the man's tone was harsh, almost sadistic. Delysia had no idea what was going on here, but she had seen enough. She started to slowly move towards the cave entrance when her foot hit a patch of ice and she unceremoniously flopped painfully face first into the ground with a thud. She quickly spun to see the two of them looking at her. "Oh, uh...hi guys! I was just...um, admiring the view...and stuff......shit."

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
    Lydia

Lydia followed the two other Hybrid's looks toward Orchid, and telepathically said to them in a voice sounding very serious, "If she tries harming anyone here she will be dealt with. If she does, please do not try to help her… you might get caught in the crossfire." Not allowing the poisonous member of the group to dampen her mood she started off into the forest motioning for the two to follow her.

As she walked she explained, "The Haven is rather small or else the guardians and I could not hide it. We understand the natural cycle of predator and prey and the requirement for those to survive. Thus the Haven has some unnatural limitations so it can be a sanctuary for all Pokemon. Only I and the guardians are allowed to live within the protected areas for extended periods of time, otherwise prey Pokémon would overpopulate the area and abuse the protection this place offers. For that reason we each keep the Haven very small to avoid harm the greater ecosystem of the forest. You have seen Aerlith's dwelling, she is the gatekeeper for teleporting and is very knowledgeable of outsider Pokemon since she used to travel the world with a champion trainer." She then motioned in various directions as she mentioned the other guardians, "Arnara's dwelling is a cave in that direction where she lives with three of her kits. You will know their cave due to its unusually high temperature considering they are fire types. Masumi lives in a pond in that direction, finding him isn't hard he kind of sticks out and he makes it a point to greet everyone who enters his area. Gurac just wanders around… as he is the primary keeper of the forest as a whole, and he just makes his home where he wants for the night. Gurac helped grow my home, so while he might seem grumpy he is really kind."

They entered a clearing with a strangely thick trunked tree in the middle of it with a small creek running by it. "Here is my home, I am not really a guardian as much as a healer and keeper to the forest. As I know no attacks, I could not guard anything effectively. Granted I have begun to wonder if I should learn some offensive abilities." As they walked around the tree the others could see the growth of the tree had been manipulated so its middle was hollow allowing Lydia to live inside. Vines covered the entrance and acted like a door.

Pushing aside the vines Lydia welcomed the other two inside proudly until she realized she had left the tiny space a mess. Dropping her pack, she started to dart around picking up the few objects laying around haphazardly, while a three tailed Vulpix lay sleeping on a pad of branches and leaves that made up Lydia's bed. After rearranging the one room residence, Lydia smiled and telepathically said, "Well it's not much compared to normal homes, but it's been my home for several years." The inside had the "bed" to the left with a small hanger made of branches holding one more set of Lydia's strange garb as well as a set of green and brown clothing made up of a cloak, short pants with decorative flaps on the sides, and a top decorated with golden designs of vines and leaves on it. On the far wall was several shelves that held mostly empty wooden bowls (a few had nuts or dried herbs in them), and the right side had a seat with some old (mostly fairy tale and nature) books on it.

Years
    Brian Sage

Brian was worried the man was going to hurt him. Just what he needed, another enemy. However when the rocket grunts barged into the restaurant he seemed to shift his anger towards them instead. Brian let out a sigh just as the man's friend lifted him off the table. "Hey kid, where did you come from? Let me help you out with your position here." When he was comfortably seated in the booth next to the man he took in his surroundings. The man wasn't really that much older than him. The kid looked tough, although compared to himself everyone looked tough."Mind telling me why some Rocket grunts were after you? I have a bone to pick with them anyway. Also, would you care for some wasabi?" Brian hesitated then decided that he should probably say something as there was an awkward silence. "Well I, umm, well. It's a long story, But I guess you saved my life so I kind of owe you." He said taking the wasabi and shoveling it in his mouth. Ever since that experiment that team rocket did to him spicy foods seemed to taste better to him. He belched and then started his story.

"It all started one day when a rocket scientist came up to me and asked me to participate in an experiment. He said it would pay well and it would help me to understand pokemon. Naturally I took the job and followed him to the team Rocket lab. They took dna samples from my pokemon, my sylveon and fennekin and then knocked me out. When I woke up They explained what they had done and asked me to demonstrate my new abilities to see how well their experiment had worked, and I did. Their screams only fueled my anger and the fire in my hands. When I had finished I couldn't believe what I had done and I regretted it. But team rocket didn't care that I didn't mean to melt their lab, they just wanted me dead."
    "They destroyed my home and everything I loved, except my pokemon I have them here." He said motioning to the pokeballs on his belt. "Now I have nothing"

Last edited:
    Back