• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Demo Event & Pokemon Game Show Discussion and Information Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Fire will only do neutral damage to Fairy, while Fairy attacks will be resisted by Fire. At least we know Reshiram takes neutral damage from it, but I'm still hoping the weakness to Poison and Steel is confirmed true.
    So does that make the rumor fake as irc it said Fire was super effective. Well it's not like I would've wanted Fire to also be super effective against it as most Dragon's have access to Fire moves.

Years
    Shiny Slyveon anyone?
    Demo Event & Pokemon Game Show Discussion and Information Thread

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Okay, so more demo info got revealed, courtesy of Serebii. Helioptile can have Dry Skin as an ability, with Sylveon having Cute Charm. Dry Skin on Helioptile is interesting indeed; it could work in and out of rain teams.

Years
    Okay, so more demo info got revealed, courtesy of Serebii. Helioptile can have Dry Skin as an ability, with Sylveon having Cute Charm. Dry Skin on Helioptile is interesting indeed; it could work in and out of rain teams.

They also confirmed Litleo will have the Unnerve ability in case you missed that.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    Dry Skin on Helioptile.

It's pretty ironic considering:

"It uses solar rays to generate electricity."

AND

"Helioptile charges itself by bathing in the light of the sun, providing it with enough energy that it doesn't need to eat!"

But I'm happy that it got a pretty good ability. ^^

Years
    I doubt it, the Demo will have some aspects that won't make the final game i.e Professor Sycamore giving you Mewtwo. It's just to battle with.

Okay, wasn't sure. I hope that we can catch a mewtwo in X&Y tho, I also hope it's megastone won't be tooo hard to find.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    How long is PGS? Is it one, two, three days, or...?

If there's still more to be seen in the upcoming days, I'm hoping for a reveal of the starter's second stages at the end, at least.

All this information is a lot to take in, though. The videos with music are great--I'm really loving the game's music so far!
    And I really love how Sylveon's shiny colors are just reversed of its regular colors. I'm a huge fan of when shinies are like that <3

Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVMaVCzUBAA

Nevermind, Chespin appears to use solarbeam and wood hammer (please let me know if this is incorrect please)

Also, Froakie knows bounce, which makes sense for it being a frog. It supports the physical or fighting type pokemon. Though, flying is a possibility (though not as likely as fighting!).

Lastly, Noivern knows dragon pulse as far as I have been told.

Last edited:

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Can someone help?

Does Chepsin use solarbeam and payback? Or is that a fighting move? Maybe wood hammer (physical grass move)

Also, Froakie knows bounce, which makes sense for it being a frog. It supports the physical or fighting type pokemon. Though, flying is a possibility (though not as likely as fighting!).

Lastly, Noivern knows using dragon pulse as far as I have been told.

I think the first move was solarbeam. I'm guessing the second was night slash, but I'm not good at telling dark type moves apart.

From what I've seen, I'm nearly certain froakie will be a flying type. His pokedex entry says he's both light and strong, he uses acrobatics in the trailer, And he has that inflatable beard thing which I'm guessing fills with air to make him float.

EDIT: whoops, sorry, you can just ignore that. I assumed that that video was going to be the first trailer again.

EDIT2: I actually watched the video this time. Chespin charged up before attacking so it must be solarbeam, right? Second attack looked just like previous wood hammer animations.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I like the look of the demo but I'm glad I wasn't able to attend, I'd rather wait for the release to play the game in full rather than under restrictions. It wouldn't be as exciting in October if I'd have played the demo.

Years
    It's pretty ironic considering:

"It uses solar rays to generate electricity."

AND

"Helioptile charges itself by bathing in the light of the sun, providing it with enough energy that it doesn't need to eat!"

But I'm happy that it got a pretty good ability. ^^

Yeah ironic indeed because in battle the sun will weaken it every turn, but at least it's a useful ability for rain teams and if it gets Thunder in its moveset I could definitely see it abusing that in the rain.

Back