• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Yeah not sure if it was Flash, but I didn't do anything and it stopped the next day, I guess after a restart. And I unistalled ViStart around the same time.

Has anyone seen that Circet Bracelet yet? or well heard. I'm suprised I haven't. Its this device from a french? comapany that projects the screen onto your wrist and tracks your finder for interactions.

countryemo

Years
Yeah not sure if it was Flash, but I didn't do anything and it stopped the next day, I guess after a restart. And I unistalled ViStart around the same time.

Has anyone seen that Circet Bracelet yet? or well heard. I'm suprised I haven't. Its this device from a french? comapany that projects the screen onto your wrist and tracks your finder for interactions.

Years
Hmm, I saw something about the Cicret Bracelet the other day. Honestly, I wouldn't pay for it at all, simply because it's just another one of those technology gimmicks, in my opinion. Why would anybody want to have a tablet projected onto their arm from the power of a wristband anyways?

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
It may make them want to smash their computer, but poor user discretion also has a side-effect that not many people realize: it leads their go-to IT people to want to use percussive maintenance on end-users that consistently exercises poor user discretion!

This is the only reason I can think of validating setting up our family LAN on Linux - the crapware, oh God the crapware. It takes me 8 hours to fish a weeks worth of **** off of our PCs, and it's just ridiculous for me. Now, getting paid for that is another story... :p

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Even removing generic foistware shouldn't take hours. Did you mean malware?

Either way, moved to an SSD after the hard disk in my laptop started to give me the "stalling" looks. Didn't bother with the warranty seeing as it's a massive upgrade over what I had - even a hybrid looks slow next to a real SSD.

(I got a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO. You might have heard of a certain firmware bug that cripples read performance on old data. Good thing I bought it so late that it shipped with the fixed firmware.)

Years
I still haven't made the plunge into the world of SSDs, Although I can imagine that if I ever did take the plunge, it'd be something I made a good decision on. :P

countryemo

Years
Hmm, I saw something about the Cicret Bracelet the other day. Honestly, I wouldn't pay for it at all, simply because it's just another one of those technology gimmicks, in my opinion. Why would anybody want to have a tablet projected onto their arm from the power of a wristband anyways?

Yeah I don't quite see the appeal just yet, very niche, even more so than Google Glass I think. I think if it evolved to say have the screen face up and be like a hologram it would be cooler, haha.

As for SSDs, haven't got one yet either. I am kinda tempted to see if I can get one in my laptop, it defiantly needs one. The Samsung 850 looks good, maybe the S40 would do. The free game deal is enticing, probably because I would not spend money to buy those games anyways.

Years
Google Glass is something I'd actually want to try, simply because it's different than a tablet or even a smartphone :P however, that's just a pure dream at this point..

countryemo

Years
Google Glass is something I'd actually want to try, simply because it's different than a tablet or even a smartphone :P however, that's just a pure dream at this point..

Haha I'm not dissing Glass or anything, I want to try it too, heck I want to own it, or atleast the second gen, if the first gen even comes out.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Anybody use PayPal before? I'm curious if I'm able to use a prepaid gift card to make a purchase without tying the PayPal account to my bank account. Anyone know if this is possible?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
You can, however, if PayPal decides to ask you for card details and you've tossed it, you'll lock yourself out of the account. If you do this, be sure to keep the card and/or remove it from your PayPal account once finished. I think, as well, if the site you intend to go to supports PayPal, you can use it like a regular credit card, assuming you've registered the card, and go on without having to link it to an account.

So I don't need a bank account in the first place? Just a normal Visa prepaid gift card or prepaid debit card? I'm not using a site, I'm using it for a person, he's not labeled a merchant on PayPal however, so I'd just be sending them the money.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Note to self: get a can of compressed air to blow out stuff. So dusty...I mean, my PC (and my plushies) could use some dusting.

Years
Note to self: get a can of compressed air to blow out stuff. So dusty...I mean, my PC (and my plushies) could use some dusting.
You saying that totally reminds me that I should get to cleaning my towers out later on this month. When the semester ends is probably when I'll dust them.

Years
I have a PayPal account, but earlier in the fall experienced a very frustrating time with it. I had to pay some $6 fee that was for something involving, and it wouldn't let me use PayPal Credit to pay it off. I even tried to contact them and wasn't even getting a response that I needed, which blew. Goodness, making a $6 payment should not be rocket science.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Funny enough, I prefer using PayPal over any other payment method, if only because it really is as easy as two-click pay so long as things are set up properly. (Definitely lock your PC with a password if doing this!)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Near as I can tell, PayPal is just a royalty Ponzi scheme for a marketed convenience. Amazon doesn't even accept it, and the security of debit cards is stellar enough to not worry even if someone does get your info. From what I hear the safeguards with credit cards are even better, and with cards in general I don't hear a lot of complaints about the mediation and dispute systems in place. That's with major card issuers, granted, but then again if you don't have a major card you're going to have more trouble than just security and disputes with that card. :P

Sometimes I glance at C code I've written and revised a couple times, and... kind of revel in its beauty. It's so perfect, so efficient. I love it.

fopen() is really getting on my nerves with taking a char array as an argument for a read type, though. It could seriously have constants defined for values of a char, like fseek(). D:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Near as I can tell, PayPal is just a royalty Ponzi scheme for a marketed convenience. Amazon doesn't even accept it, and the security of debit cards is stellar enough to not worry even if someone does get your info. From what I hear the safeguards with credit cards are even better, and with cards in general I don't hear a lot of complaints about the mediation and dispute systems in place. That's with major card issuers, granted, but then again if you don't have a major card you're going to have more trouble than just security and disputes with that card. :P

You'd be surprised how it can get annoying every single time I have to take out my card and write the information all over again...

Sometimes I glance at C code I've written and revised a couple times, and... kind of revel in its beauty. It's so perfect, so efficient. I love it.

fopen() is really getting on my nerves with taking a char array as an argument for a read type, though. It could seriously have constants defined for values of a char, like fseek(). D:

I usually write C++ code, in a C++ IDE, compiling with a C++ compiler. I really like having a bunch of standard libraries at my disposal - these that make my life much easier, mind you.

Sometimes, though, I do write C.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
You'd be surprised how it can get annoying every single time I have to take out my card and write the information all over again...

I usually write C++ code, in a C++ IDE, compiling with a C++ compiler. I really like having a bunch of standard libraries at my disposal - these that make my life much easier, mind you.

Sometimes, though, I do write C.

C++ to me seems kind of like an awkward middle child between C and C#. The way I take it, if you're going to go for native code, maximum optimization and all that, C is your best bet, but if you want a rich library and an easier development experience, use C#. I like both of those two, but C++ is yucky to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back