• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_0l8wIsqg0

More music hacking progress, I've figured out the drums and what DP uses for bass tracks. Still can't figure out why the tracks aren't playing at the same time though. If we could figure out that, we could have professional sounding DP remixes.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No idea what the intent of Gabe C's post was but... you probably rip it same way as you rip music from DP, which is getting the sound file and using an extarctor. However lol there are some extractors out there that don't work. Out of the two I tried, only one of them successfully extracted the SSEQ files.

Meaning? I quit hacking a few months ago, may come back to hacking Platinum after I defeated it. Only 5 badges now... Played 3 days.. Anyway, still, which program to use? I never ripped songs before :lol:

He's obviously just being sarcastic.
    He's only saying that because attempting to hack MD with Wordpad is incredibly stupid and is just a very easy way to crash the ROM.
    Oh and Sheimi-Manafi, gabe_c is sebbe17/son sebbe, the one who basically did all that ground work for people, who then decided to be stupid and try to hack a ROM with wordpad.

I do know him, but wasn't I the one that discovered hacking with WordPad? I said that before him and he wanted to try it... Also, now there's only one gabe. THe other one changed his name.

Years
  • I do know him, but wasn't I the one that discovered hacking with WordPad? I said that before him and he wanted to try it... Also, now there's only one gabe. THe other one changed his name.

I don't think you understand the point of my post. Sebbe never started hacking with wordpad, and he would never even try to do it. He's not stupid. Hacking a ROM with Wordpad is idiotic, and only a simple way to crash the rom.
    You would need to take an extreme amount of care just to prevent the ROM crashing. One little unnoticed, accidental backspace, and you're ROM is finished.
    Why are you people so afraid of a hex editor? A hex editor's primary function is to text edit, and they're also built to handle large files.
    By using wordpad, you're sacrificing ROM safety for your own little ideas on a hex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    I FOUND THE SCRIPT DATA OF TWINLEAF
    IT IS RELOCATED INTO SCRIPT-SEQUENCE-RELEASE 978

Code:
    1D9F824 FAT GUY NEAR LAKE
    1D9F828 LADY AROMA 
    1D9F82C CITY SIGN
    1D9F830 MAIL BOX HERO'S HOUSE
    1D9F834 MAIL BOX RIVAL'S HOUSE
    1D9F954-1D9FA14 SCRIPT'S OF ELECTRICIAN WHEN BLOCKING YOU AT THE GAME'S START

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I don't think you understand the point of my post. Sebbe never started hacking with wordpad, and he would never even try to do it. He's not stupid. Hacking a ROM with Wordpad is idiotic, and only a simple way to crash the rom.
    You would need to take an extreme amount of care just to prevent the ROM crashing. One little unnoticed, accidental backspace, and you're ROM is finished.
    Why are you people so afraid of a hex editor? A hex editor's primary function is to text edit, and they're also built to handle large files.
    By using wordpad, you're sacrificing ROM safety for your own little ideas on a hex.

thex4, there is something that I have to add. Yes, you have to be mighty careful and I hack ROM's with WordPad until I get a nice translator. THEN I CAN TRANSLATE PLATINUM!!! But until then, I'm just going to offer the Platinum soundtrack. *idea* Oh well, at least WordPad isn't that great, but some ROM's don't even have Hex, so why use that? I use WordPad with PMD1 and I hacked it. Had some glitches there like:
    Kangaskhan: Ae^*vma K8gvhncanv Sofkege. ???????????????
    But laer it worked out. :P
    Hcking with wordpad is stupid, but at least there's a chance it'll work.

Also, I just posted this just to be stupid, I know all is HEX, I just make sure that some games can't have HEX. Why? It's empty. I did that as a joke.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh well, at least WordPad isn't that great, but some ROM's don't even have Hex, so why use that?

Okay, this is one thing that annoys the crap out of me. You have people who think they know what they are talking about, when they clearly have no idea.

You know what, I'm not even going to bother explaining this. It's clearly not worth it.

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    haha at the guy who thinks certain roms don't have hex. EVERYTHING has hex.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • thex4, there is something that I have to add. Yes, you have to be mighty careful and I hack ROM's with WordPad until I get a nice translator. THEN I CAN TRANSLATE PLATINUM!!! But until then, I'm just going to offer the Platinum soundtrack. *idea* Oh well, at least WordPad isn't that great, but some ROM's don't even have Hex, so why use that? I use WordPad with PMD1 and I hacked it. Had some glitches there like:

Owned..you just dug your own grave, even Pounders like me know that everything has hex, whether it's programs, ISOs, CSOs and of course ROMS.
    Wordpad's very unstable and if you knew what it could do to your ROM you wouldn't use it.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • thex4, there is something that I have to add. Yes, you have to be mighty careful and I hack ROM's with WordPad until I get a nice translator. THEN I CAN TRANSLATE PLATINUM!!! But until then, I'm just going to offer the Platinum soundtrack. *idea* Oh well, at least WordPad isn't that great, but some ROM's don't even have Hex, so why use that? I use WordPad with PMD1 and I hacked it. Had some glitches there like:

You are really idiotic. >_> EVERY computer file has HEX. -.- I'd seriously recommend dipping your HDD in the toilet, before you say something else that stupid. :S

LRN2COMPUTER! Then, LRN2HACK!

Edit: You might want to change forums, because there is no way in hell anyone is going to respect you after that comment. :(

Edit2: So I don't another infraction...

Wow, DP hacking has come so far, etc... etc.. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    You are really idiotic. >_> EVERY computer file has HEX. -.- I'd seriously recommend dipping your HDD in the toilet, before you say something else that stupid. :S

LRN2COMPUTER! Then, LRN2HACK!

Edit: You might want to change forums, because there is no way in hell anyone is going to respect you after that comment. :(

Edit2: So I don't another infraction...

Wow, DP hacking has come so far, etc... etc.. :)

lol darthatron(im yunghove)
    ur messed up. leave the noob alone...
    no, laugh at him. everything on the cpu has hex :D
    noobs these days

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • lol darthatron(im yunghove)
    ur messed up. leave the noob alone...
    no, laugh at him. everything on the cpu has hex :D
    noobs these days

I noticed that you added the dumbest person on PokeCommunity to your signature... I suggest that you add the name, because if he ends up editing his post no one will know who did it!

On topic:
    Good work Pichu, you're getting a lot done with the maps.

Years

Are you retarded?

In mathematics and computer science, hexadecimal, base-, or simply hexa or hex, is a numeral system with a radix, or base, of 16 (that is, it ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base-16

Any electricity flowing through a circuit can be represented by base-16 encoding- just like binary.

If you opened a Platinum ROM in Microsoft's WordPad, you froze your computer. A simple word processing program isn't designed to handle sixty-four megabytes of data. Hacking with WordPad isn't just stupid, it's almost impossible.

Fabricate intelligently, and I'll stop hassling you.

gamefreakfatty

Years
  • Are you retarded?

Any electricity flowing through a circuit can be represented by base-16 encoding- just like binary.

If you opened a Platinum ROM in Microsoft's WordPad, you froze your computer. A simple word processing program isn't designed to handle sixty-four megabytes of data. Hacking with WordPad isn't just stupid, it's almost impossible.

Fabricate intelligently, and I'll stop hassling you.

@Mike: WRONG!!!! IT'S ACTUALLY 134,217,728 BYTES!!!! 134,217,728 bytes = (64 megabytes * 2) = 128 megabytes. You're wrong, Mike. I win.

@Zeikku: That's right, flame 'em right or don't do it at all!

On topic:
    Darthatron, hurry up with that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum map editor... NAO!!!

gamefreakfatty

Years
  • Diamond and Pearl are 64 megabytes, so... I assumed.

Well, YOU WERE WRONG!!! The Japanese versions were actually 128MB, and since this is the Japanese Platinum version, it does make sense. It is probably safe to assume that the USA version will be 64MB. Just giving you a hard time by the way, in case you didn't know that.

P.S.
    WHY AREN'T YOU ON MSN?!?!? You had better hope that I'm not blocked! Just kidding. Seriously though, get on or unblock me!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Can someone stop the discussion about Wordpad hacking? That was so retarded >_>

Anyone can we please continue the discussion about map data or whatever. I heard so many great stuff being extracted...at once.

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Yes, he's right after all, gentlemen, this is a topic about Diamond and Pearl hacking not about hacking with wordpad. But yeah lol from somebody who's had experience with romhacking before though, hacking with wordpad is a pretty bad idea. I mean, it's just because of like people said, it's the easy way to "corrupt" your rom. So you guys might as well just use hex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back