• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeProphet

Pokemon Prophet
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    there's been alot of spam and off topic discussion in this thread, and its pretty annoying seeing as its our only d/p/p hacking thread, so lets get on topic, (btw i do see that we have gotten more on topic with these hex' although ya'll arent being very serious, anyway im not trying to backseat mod either, but does anyone have any idea as to how we're supposed to map hack, or if its even possible to really create a program for this? as far as im concerned the game plays in frames? im not 100% about this either, but if it is then we would have to create a set of frames for each building? alot of work..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No, BInary isn't mine, I just set it as the normal system language to replace Hex. Anyway, now that we're still on Binary:

Meaning- Hello.
    Not! I just fake it. There are ROM's that can't be read by HEXeditors, I use Binary. Plus, I know hacking with WordPad is stupid and dangerous (mostly stupid) but I quit since May, stop rubbing it in.

Also, there is a way to change the pokemon, I'm not sure now or when. Also, Map hacking is possible, we just edit the palettes. That's it. Nothing big yet :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2009
    as far as im concerned the game plays in frames? im not 100% about this either, but if it is then we would have to create a set of frames for each building? alot of work..
    as the d/p tweaking glitch (search it on youtube) proves, whole sinnoh is made out of "squares". they automatically load when you're about to see them. this is why a city turns into a glitch city when you enter it on a side while there are only trees (walk through walls code). so sinnoh isn't built from maps.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Those arent squares those are polygons! Hehe i think i found a solution to map editor. What if you extracted the polygons and textures apart. The polygons would then need graphics. Or textures. So basically mapping editor would be made of textures and polygons. For trees and houses and all. Not sure bout ruoutse and such.

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    Is there already a tool to change Pokémon? Not in Route's but Pokémon themselves, because I saw this on another forum:
    -edit, can't post pics until I made 15 posts, well, it where 2 fakemon in-game-

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    Is there already a tool to change Pokémon? Not in Route's but Pokémon themselves, because I saw this on another forum:
    -edit, can't post pics until I made 15 posts, well, it where 2 fakemon in-game-
    Yes, there already is a tool for editing that sort of thing. But I really haven't used that sort of tool yet.

Pheya

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    Is the only available tool TLP? Because I'm starting a Diamond hack and I'm gathering information. :]

Pheya

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    Swampert made a simple one I think...

But let me tell you, 99% of the tool you'll b using will be a hexeditor, if you disagree with that, then just quit now...

I've been practicing with that. And it's working. ^^.

But eh, do I have to change te OW with Hex edit too? Just wondering.. D;

Pheya

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    I have no Idea at all about what Q-F-T means, But Intirely Agree!

There is a japense tool I think
    Mkay, does anyone have a link to that tool?

Btw; Q-F-T = Quoted for Truth.

Edit; if found this in TLP:

https://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatisthispp0.png

What is this?

Last edited:
    Years
    No, BInary isn't mine, I just set it as the normal system language to replace Hex. Anyway, now that we're still on Binary:

Meaning- Hello.
    Not! I just fake it. There are ROM's that can't be read by HEXeditors, I use Binary. Plus, I know hacking with WordPad is stupid and dangerous (mostly stupid) but I quit since May, stop rubbing it in.

Also, there is a way to change the pokemon, I'm not sure now or when. Also, Map hacking is possible, we just edit the palettes. That's it. Nothing big yet :(

Binary and hex are the same, merely in a different base. Anyway, read the thread! You can do loads of mapping stuff! Palette editing isn't map editing. Stop being an idiot.

there's been alot of spam and off topic discussion in this thread, and its pretty annoying seeing as its our only d/p/p hacking thread, so lets get on topic, (btw i do see that we have gotten more on topic with these hex' although ya'll arent being very serious, anyway im not trying to backseat mod either, but does anyone have any idea as to how we're supposed to map hack, or if its even possible to really create a program for this? as far as im concerned the game plays in frames? im not 100% about this either, but if it is then we would have to create a set of frames for each building? alot of work..

Wrong. It's 3D like any other 3D game.

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    i have a question. is PokeTex or a hex editor the only way to edit overworlds? Cuz i figured out how to edit them on Pokétex, but its
    hard and annoying.

I don't want to have to put down each hex each time.

ITS ANNOYING!

So is there a program like the Overworld Editor DP Edition?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back