• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you expect/hope for a Legends Kalos game?

Years
It seems like a lot of people were thinking we'd end up with BW remakes, a new Let's Go game, Legends: Celebi, or other Johto remakes - not many had predicted a Kalos game in any way.

Is this something you had hoped for, even a little, or was it entirely unexpected for you?

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
It was pretty much completely unexpected for me. The moment I realized I was looking at Prism Tower and Lumiose City I went "Wow, really?!"

Maybe it was a negative outlook but I didn't really expect to see any other Legends game, and I thought if they made a new one it would most likely have something to do with Johto because of the lore around its legendaries. I think this is the first time I felt pretty much swept off my feet by a Pokemon announcement, and I think that's made me a lot more excited!

Reactions: Raj
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
A Legends game: Only a little expected. Felt early. Released the last one in late January 2022. Expected a release date this year, putting it at under 3 years of development time. Figured a new Let's Go first.

A Kalos game: Not even on the radar. Bet on Virtual Console releases and remasters of old spinoffs before this.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Quite frankly, I wasn't expecting a Legends game to be set in Kalos. Most of us seem to have been expecting Johto or Unova instalments, but if there's one thing to be sure of, at least Kalos is getting some representation rather than being relegated due to ORAS and the 20th anniversary back in its own gen. Hopefully they knock it out of the park with this one...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Wasn't expecting Kalos right now! I would have loved to see something to do with, yknow, the war, but I don't think they'd do much to cover that in a Pokémon game haha.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have always hoped Kalos would have some sort of connection to Paldea, which we might see this have a better connection after all the nay sayers saying of course we aren't going to Kalos. However I was not expecting it in this form. I personally love XY and side from BW, they are my favorite games. So getting a Legends game that hopefully expands on the history will be great and add to Kalos, which in my opinion was the only incomplete pokemon region.

Years
A new Legends game was one of the options I was expecting/hoping for as a new Pokemon game.
Was not expecting a Kalos legends game however.

Years
I wasn't expecting it and i'm very Happy over a gen 5 remake, which will probable happen during gen 10 and over a Let's GO Jhoto. The project seems interesting and annearly return to Kalos and to Explore a story that imo was pretty weak is a very great idea.

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
Days
Didn't expect a return to Kalos via Legends, but it's very welcome. I've always thought Gen 6 needed a little more love and this looks like a great way to give Kalos that finishing touch.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen yesterday
Tbh I would've been happy for a new Legends game regardless of what region it's set in. But I was kinda hoping for one set in Unova cause that's my favorite region. Regardless though I like that it's in Kalos since I feel like the region had a lot of potential that XY didn't do justice.

Days
  • Seen today
To be honest, I was kind of expecting it to be using it to connect with Unova, as a way to build up towards the BW remakes. Like how the original seemed to have a connection to the DP remakes in someway.

Back