• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use the Exp share?

What did you do?

• I shut it off

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I kept it on

Votes: 89 65.4%
  • I turned it back on after the e4

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    The revolutionary Exp share from XY carried over into ORAS, and brought along with it extreme benefits when it comes to grinding. Did you keep it on after getting it from the scientist in Petalburg woods? Or did you shut it off to keep the difficulties of the game around?

I myself shut it off, as did many of my friends. I just couldn't see myself going through hoenn without getting a little disappointed if it got too easy.

Discuss! :)

Years
  • I had it off the entirety of my main play before the post-game. But now that i've beaten the Delta episode, I have it on now that I can focus on training up stuff to higher levels and what not.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • I have mine off since I want my main-game team actually earning their experience. I'll keep it off until I'm done with the main-game and post-game. After that, I'll turn it on when I'm building teams for competitive battling.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I turned off the exp share. After being too overleveled at my first Kalos playthrough, I had to keep it off the entire time I play any gen 6 games. It's just not fun.

Plus, it'll just result in you using only 1-2 Pokemon in the party 'cause the others already gain their level ups thanks to you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2016
    On what I consider my main playthrough on Ruby I played it the way god(Arceus) intended. No EXP share and only using Pokemon I find in Hoenn.

When I do my playthrough just to get all the other legendaries on Sapphire I'm turning it on, as well s bringing Pokemon in from the bank.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I kept it on, I have exams and big projetcs so I don't have that time to train my pokemon, but if I am overleveled, I will put it off.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I don't have the game yet but when I do I'll keep it on because it was a pain in the pass to grind in the originals (and, really, any game before FRLG).

Years
  • I kept it on and alternated pokemon to the frontline. Usually pushed some out and replaced them after I got their evolutions. I've been playing through slowly. Put in 40 hours in just trying to catch them all or evolve them.my beldum, latias, sceptile and a gyarados have been my main team since the middle though. I'll play with more for the contests after I beat the 4 the first time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I keep it on, mainly because I like to enjoy the story without any interruptions and I've always used just my starter whenever I play through the main scenario. EXP Share actually allows me to use other stuff if I ever feel like it.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • I always keep mine on because I like to be over-leveled. Also, its been a tradition of mine to have my main team at level 100 before I challenge the E4. That way, I can concentrate on training other Pokémon post-game.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I kept it on, and I'm happy I did. If not, some of my Pokemon might still be at 40-50.

QueenNatSumi

Fit to be a Queen
    Years
  • I enjoyed turning it off, and ive found that if you battle in secret bases you can get exp pretty easy. Also there other ways to get some. But I don't see much use for it until post game training up pokemons and eving stuff for battles.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've been alternating having it on and having it off so far. Grinding in Hoenn (or anything that's not Unova or Kalos) usually sucks, so the Exp.Share is welcome, especially because I don't like having my team be too varied in level; I like them to all be within a few levels of each other. I don't keep it on all the time though because while I don't mind being a little overleveled, too much isn't exactly fun fun for story purposes.

I'm just hoping that there will be a good way to level grind before the Elite 4 or in the post-game, or both. I only have 5 badges atm, so we'll see what happens.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Just got it and turned it off immediately. It's already too easy considering I've caught Level 17 (& could have caught a lvl21) Pokémon with the DexNav before I even entered Petalburg Woods. My team members are already higher than Brawly's Pokémon, and I'm not even in Rustboro yet.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I kept it on and then turned it off at some point, like gym 4. I turned it back on again since Team Aqua's base in Lilycove.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Only turning it on during Gym Leader battles. I'm also planning to turn it on later in the E4. ^^
    Other than that, I kept it off all the time. :/

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I turned it on. Hoenn isn't a nice place to train weaker pokemon. The EXP share makes it less painful... Though I've turned it off for now because I'm already at Lv35-37 with only 4 badges in.

Back