• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years

A stock is an image you start with, like this one.

Spoiler:
    Also a generic name for any image you use in the making of a banner.

A render is what you get when you cut the focal out of something like the above image. In this case, you get this picture.

Spoiler:
    Loads of good renders can be found here to help you with making graphics.

Nope. no no nonononononononoonnoonononono.
    A STOCK WILL NEVER BE A RENDER. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS.

A RENDER is something that you RENDERize in a program such as C4D, Bryce. You probably also confuse renders with C4Ds. C4D IS A PROGRAM, NOT AN OBJECT YOU CREATE.

render:

https://xGh0s7x.deviantart.com/art/C4D-render-3-20066096

stock:

https://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9329/ninaob2.png

get it? got it? good.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Now I'm even more confuzzled. 'cos when it says 'post your stock' in the SOTW rules, it seems to mean 'post your render'. So maybe renders are stocks, but not all stocks are renders?

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Now I'm even more confuzzled. 'cos when it says 'post your stock' in the SOTW rules, it seems to mean 'post your render'. So maybe renders are stocks, but not all stocks are renders?

I think colour me evil just explained it pretty well.. :3

She even gave examples.. :3

Misheard Whisper

Years
    OIC. That actually clears up a lot of confusion I had as to what I had to link to et al. Thank you.

Years
    I can't believe most members here are that confined to making tags with characters that when the theme abstract comes up, even for just one week, they can't refrain from using a stock of one.
    It won't be hard for me to vote, if I do.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    We are using the WHOLE sens of Abstract. Usualy people who makes abstract is use of Smudging, C4d, texts or Brushes. But we allow renders... :þ

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Yeah, using renders and so on in abstract banners seemed a bit funny to me as well . . . but I guess I'm not the one making the rules.
    We are using the WHOLE sens of Abstract. Usualy people who makes abstract is use of Smudging, C4d, texts or Brushes. But we allow renders... :þ
    don't you get that sort of thing in most banners, though?

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Hmm. I just decided to play it safe with my incredibly complex, fascinatingly abstract banner. *nod nod* XD

Almost 2000th post XDE

O+<

Years
    The what sense? When you linked to this definition of abstract you then decided to twist its meaning.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    No i just took what the person in my profile said was the short version of the definition.. :3

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Maybe instead of linking to a widely interpretable source for the definition, you could state your understanding of that definition and set that as the parameters. Because we all obviously have different ideas of what the concept of 'abstract' means.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    But, I would rather listen to the person who picked the theme.. Why don't we all just get Let's Get Lost together to comment on this?

Years
    I see where your coming from Angela, his name is Hiiro now btw.
    And err... Misheard Whisper, could you stop with the large purple text please, its far from good looking and its really annoying? Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back