• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in true love?

Do you believe in true love?

• Yes, and I have found true love

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Yes, but I haven't found true love personally

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No, there is no such thing as true love

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    yup, I beleive in it and I have already found it!The most beautiful,smart and nice person in the whole world.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • The answer is simple. No, i do not believe in true love. Why? Love is like a illusion you think its there but, sometimes its not.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't believe in such a childish thought, but it is a nice image indeed. I can't show people that true love is wrong because it is unfalsifiable. If their supposed "true love" goes behind their back and sleeps with their best friend, then they will just say it wasn't their true love.
    Besides, love was already known to be hormonal changes. Kinda strange that most true love happens during puberty, right?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Yes I think there is such a thing as true love and it's hard to find. You can't suddenly believe you're in true love if you've been with someone for a year and all your past relationships have only lasted up to 4 months. True love is when you don't hesitate to get engaged.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I do believe in it because I can feel it. =x

And yes, I do think I've found the person I want to share my life with, and he feels the same way, so...I said I'd found it, too.

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Aha. I knew I'd get into one of these subjects sooner or later.

I believe in true love, but my outlook on love is a very different one that most people. But I think its best I wait a while before explaining. lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I believe in true love. I think there's someone out there that's completely compatible with you. Now, finding that person is of course highly unlikely to occur, but there are a lot of people out there who would probably be compatible to your personality, which I believe is the foundation to creating a relationship with the person.

I also believe in the creation of true love. Someone who isn't completely compatible with you, but you developed a bond that is so strong that it doesn't really matter whether or not they're completely perfect. Perfect is boring anyway and finding that very special someone is highly unlikely.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I don't believe in true love. I believe in love, but that is still just the release of certain chemicals into the brain, it's not a spiritual thing. I believe you can love a person/object/feeling but do not believe in destined love/true love/soul mates, they all seem very fairy tale to me.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Totally =P

I tend to have a similar thought on it to Bill Kaulitz. Basically, there's no hating someone and then loving them later on, you feel something powerful the moment you meet a true love. But I haven't found true love yet (a little young for the xP)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No matter how perfect you think your significant other is, you can never be entirely sure what they are thinking or what their intentions are.
    There will always be some slight form of negative thoughts in your head, people are too selfish and/or mistrusting.
    True love is just another unreal fantasy thought up by humans, like destiny and Jesus.

It can be close to perfect, but it's never 100%.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, I believe in true love (I just accidentally typed power instead love just there :P). It's not romance, though, because romance is lust like RomeoxJuliet. Real love is dedication, compassion, and an knowledge of each other that transcends romance and the stereotypical image of love. In that sense, I have not found my true love yet. Not sure if I will :P

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • No, I don't think that there's such a thing as true love, where everything's perfect in your relationship. That would imply that both sides of the relationship are perfect, never fight and are always happy with each other, which is not really love at all. People in any kind of relationship always have fights and find faults in one another, but what makes it worth it is when the two people in the relationship kiss and make up, because they know that they truly love each other.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Yes, I do, but I still believe even true love can be torn apart. Only few relationships ever work out for a long time.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • If there's true friendship, then there must be true love.

But I doubt this is a possibility that applies to everybody. At any given time, how many people actually have true friends? I really don't know, and I can't claim I have them. Credit this to a lack of virtue but that really doesn't say anything. I credit it to an inherent human flaw, which can't be resolved by ordinary people in general. Some are born luckier then the rest, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Yes, I believe in true love.
    However, I do not believe in soul mates much, as I believe that the person you can truly fall in love with can be anyone, and it doesn't need to be one fixed person.

True love is not one where there are no fights or anything... It's just the love where both sides have perfect understanding and feel for each other. I can go on and on about it.
    It doesn't happen to everyone, and that's why a lot of people will end up getting in bad relationships - because there has been a fault in relationship that was never fixed in the first place.

Love is a feeling, and I truly feel sorry for the people who are so negative about love that they can't differentiate between love and lust. And I also feel sorry for those people who think love is non-existent and is just some hormones, lol.
    If it was just the chemicals in our brains, then it's like saying all the emotions and feelings we have within us are just hormones and chemicals, lol.

Back