• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you 'celebrate' post milestones?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    So the topic of importance of number of posts is always frivolous and controversial but this is one I never understood...

So we know that some people think post count is important, and some people think it has no weight on anything, so the question is:
    do you think celebrate post milestones?
    Like, on your 1000th post, did you include "yay 1000th post" in the actual post? Also:
    did you save a milestone post count for an important / special post?

And if you do, include whether you think post count is important, just because I think a lot of you post these comments even though you say it isn't important.

As for me, I am just over 3000 posts, and didn't even realise I made that 3000th post and didn't even think of it being special or worth celebrating... Also, people who make a post, realise it is a milestone, delete that post and then don't post anything until they find a special place to have their milestone post. I never understood why people think it is so important enough to save it / delete or edit posts to accommodate it...

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Also, people who make a post, realise it is a milestone, delete that post and then don't post anything until they find a special place to have their milestone post. I never understood why people think it is so important enough to save it / delete or edit posts to accommodate it...
    Ι haven't heard of that ο.ο

No. My personal post count means nothing to me. Be it 1000th post or 666th post or 1337th post or whatever. HOWEVER, I tend to look at others' post count because it's a way of telling how much they've participated in the community/how much they lurk.

And, of course, I'm not planning to save a special post for my 1000th post or something. I'd only celebrate my birthday and/or anniversary on the forum.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I always do feel a sense of accomplishment whenever I reach a certain amount of posts, I guess it just shows I've contributed a lot to the community. But yeah, not sure about celebrations n' what not. I wouldn't mind whatever that milestone post was to be honest.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    When I got 1,000 I was pretty happy. But nothing big for my 1,000th post (as far as I'm sure). Same for 2,000 posts. I was happy, but didn't really mention it that much, and my 2,000th post was nothing big either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I look at it and acknowledge it, maybe mention it on irc to my friends, but I won't put it in the post or anything. It gives me a twinge of pride to see my count finally getting up there where I don't look like I just joined, but not enough for me to actually celebrate it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't celebrate. I notice post milestones and might mention them (usually after I've passed them though lmfao). I think I was happy about 10000 though, cause obviously, that's huge and proves I need a life. lol </3 I got Kaori to screenshot it for me iirc...

Aaaand, looking at it, I only posted to get to 10k and say "LOOK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!" but I can't post the screenshot, cause it's in a secret place. I can, however, show you post 9,999 from me...

Spoiler:

oh look foster the people lyrics, before everyone knew about them! /hipster

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I usually put a little Size 1 thing in my posts when I reach a milestone. I think I did one for each hundred up to 1000, but i'll stop now until I get to 2000 lol. I did look around for a special place to put my 1000th post, and in the end I settled on the RSE Speculation Thread, which was both where I did my first post and the entire reason I joined PC in the first place.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Oh, I made this thread a while back. Nice to see it again. x)

Anyway nah I don't really bother. it's just a number of posts on a forum and imo really nothing worth celebrating, especially since there are probably a fair few in no-PC sections so I have no idea when I really meet 1000. I don't even have post counts turned on as a postbit element so I'd probably miss when I hit 1000 posts or something.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'd minorly acknowledge a milestone I've reached. Postcounts don't really matter to me now, compared to when I first joined.

Years
    It was fun when I got to ones like 777 and the year I was born and other numbers that mean something somewhere else, but it was just something I chuckled to myself about without making any big deal about it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Every time I reach another thousand posts I celebrate by buying expensive liquor and going to eat at Olive Gardens while partying until midnight. It's pretty fun.

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I used to celebrate post counts, but now I don't do it as much because I might end up breaking a rule here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    do you celebrate post milestones?
    No.

did you save a milestone post count for an important / special post?
    No.

Arbitrary numbers don't pride me, just having 'a lot' of posts does.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I like pointing out if I've got to a certain point, but do I care about post counts? No. Quality over quantity, people.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Post milestones are the only thing I have to look forward to in life. Of course I celebrate them.

YESSSSS 2,718TH POST

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    Do you celebrate post milestones?
    No, I don't care at all. I like posting at least once every day, but not for the post count.
    Did you save a milestone post count for an important / special post?
    Nope, and I never will. :3

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I get a sort of "Oh nifty!" type feeling when I pass every 1000th milestone..

WELL, if I notice them.

Some of them have passed by and I didn't even notice until it was about 300 posts later.

Back