• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Do you know who you'll use on your team?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • I want to take the chance to use Pokemon I have the Nostalgia™ for, but didn't use on my original Platinum team. There are a lot of options to choose from:
    *Lopunny
    *Gastrodon
    *Bibarel
    *Ponyta (I don't need to have a Fire type, but I do legitimately love the Pokemon)
    *OH DANG, is Spiritomb still gonna be so hard to get?? If I decide I can handle it obtainment-wise, it's one of my favorite Pokemon that I've always wanted to use!

Looking at this, I've basically laid out an entire team once you add my starter, but these are just the ones that came to mind at the moment, I could still decide to go with any number of runner ups. (Also, it's probably extremely unlikely, but it's my hope that they might distribute Shaymin or something - heck, I'd even take a Phione - in Victini-style, where you can feasibly add it to your in-game team. Pleeease? That was so good in Black & White!)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Most likely will keep a team similar to one I always use for DP run. Torterra, Luxray, Lucario/Machamp, Garchomp, Honchkrow/Staraptor and Stuntank/Weaville/Gallade, but will definitely consider trying some new teammates!

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Kind of hoping there is platinum level Pokémon variety, but here is a rough draft of who I would like to have on my team, with nickname ideas:
    Atlas The Torterra
    Evie The Flareon
    Either Hydra The Gyarados or Hannibal/??? The Seaking
    Either Achilles/??? The Toxicroak or Jung/??? The Girafarig
    Either Inquisition/Wicca The Mismagius or Capone/Bonny The Honchkrow
    Either Mazy/Amazo The Mr. Mime or Bonsai The Sudowoodo

Years
  • i always have the hardest time when it comes to threads like these because whatever team i have planned out in my mind would likely become completely different when i play the actual game. whoever i put on my actual team depends largely on my mood at the time, so this combined with the fact that im attempting to go with a team of pokemon that i havent used much before is why i haven't really have a fully planned out team yet.

so... tl;dr "we'll see".

TheFandomPerson

Overgrown Emo Kid
    Years
  • If they're using the Platinum Dex? Empoleon, Crobat, Roserade, Gallade, Houndoom, Giratina. Same as my current Platinum team.

If they're not using the Platinum Dex? Infernape, Crobat, Roserade, Lucario, Gastrodon, ??? I'm just not a Ponyta person.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Empoleon. Other than that I intend to just put mons on my team that I've never used before, even if they are bad. I've done this in the previous remakes too ^^

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Might as well copy and paste from a similar thread from another forum:

For the mons I feel are most likely to come to the team...

1. Infernape. There are solid alternatives for all starters, but I feel like ape has the least amount of other options.

2. Roserade. I know it's a great mon with great stats and a great design, so there is a very good chance this will end up on the team especially since I don't tend to get many chances to use it.

3. Bronzong. Most of the mons I want more are on the frailer side so this would complement the team nicely. And like the above, I haven't used it in a long time.

4. Lickilicky. Like Bronzong, another defensive creature would be nice. Also could help bring some decent coverage that anyone doesn't have.

5. Gliscor. Had way too much fun with the one I had in my X nuzrun, and that was only at the end of the game. I would like to use this for a longer portion into the game.

6. Ambipom. Well this last slot could be anything really, but this has been on my want to use list for way too long.

as for a surfer, I lean more to getting a less common and more unique water mon but we'll see.

Years
  • I definitely want to use Leafeon - I love him. Other than that, I want to use some Pokemon I don't have much experience with, such as Pachirisu or Carnivine.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    The only Pokemon I think I know I'll have are Infernape, Honchkrow (as I've recently come to love this bird lol, was initially going to use Staraptor since I haven't since my first play of Pearl but I'll save that for another time), and probably Luxray.
    Everything else is up in the air tbh. I've never actually used a Garchomp so maybe I'll have one this time? Other than that Leafeon or Glaceon is a possibility and then... I have no ideas for my last spot. If I go with Glaceon, it may e Roserade. If I go with Leafeon, then depending on the areas I find pokemon it may be a Togekiss or Blissey? Really who knows. I might use Lopunny for my 6th spot maybe? I'm so used to running a 5 man team with an HM slave in Gen 4 that I never really come up with a 6 man squad for the Sinnoh Region...

This team is also hypothetical to the possibility of me starting with Diamond first over Pearl too x'D

If I start Pearl first, I'll run a team with Empoleon, Staraptor (Maybe?), Luxray (My goto 4th gen electric mon), Mismagius, then the rest is TBD x'D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Infernape and Garchomp are definites, make up the rest of the team as I go, if there's no HM's this time around that changes a lot

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Infernape, Gastrodon and maybe Staraptor, the others I don't know for sure

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I remember Diamond was like the first game and really the only game where I planned out my team. I didn't play Platinum, so I do not know what the Pokedex is for that game. I was also a much bigger anime fanboy back then, so I also based it on Ash's team usually. This is my team that I will likely use.

Empoleon
    Garchomp
    Luxray
    Staraptor
    Roserade
    Stuntank.

In Rotation:
    Floatzel
    Hippowdon

Normally I would use Lucario, but I've used it so much since Kalos, I kinda want to take a break from him and use pokemon I do not use often. I will say that I would love Electivire, because I've never been able to use it is a play through because it is so late in game or trade evolution.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Right now I think I want to use Garchomp/Bastiodon/Mismagius, the latter two because I don't think I've ever used those before and sometimes I like to use stuff I haven't before. Don't really know what else, but sometimes I just build the team as I go when I play through Pokemon games. At least this time we don't need to factor in HMs for our team slots.

pkmin3033

Honestly...I have no clue. I will probably end up with Piplup, Staraptor, Luxray, and Garchomp, but the other two...who knows. Perhaps Roserade and Houndoom? I've never used either of those. It'll depend on what's available in the new Underground and on early routes I think. I've always wanted to use Drapion, but you have to wait a while for the Great Marsh and I like having my team up together in the earlier stages of the game.

azurefel

l o a d i n g: 15%
    Years
    • He/Him Them/They
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 3, 2024
    Giratina my love....
    giphy.gif

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I don't remember the team I used last time, but I will definitely choose Turtwig as my starter.

Back