• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you look at the keyboard when you're typing?

Kota

Years
    Hardly ever. Usually when I type something I'm not use to saying like: H3!!0 7HAR.

That was indeed challenging.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    i don't have to look down but I almost never look at the screen. yet i still catch typos.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I don't have to, however I find that I type faster while I look at the keyboard because typing isn't quite as instinctual for me as it is for others.

Ayselipera

I look at the screen because I know the keys by heart.

I guess thats kinda sad in a way :D

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    For my laptop I look down to get started on where my hand is. And then from there I just type it out. It's a lot quicker this way because if I'm typing something out that I can't copy/paste (such as a paper or something) then I don't have to look down at the paper and look down at the keyboard and go back and forth. I just look at the paper and type it out.

But if it's my keyboard... for some odd reason at night in the dark I can't type to save my life. This part of the post is on my keyboard and I'm not looking down. But if it was at night, and the lights out I'd have to look down every few mins.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Don't have to at all but when i first type the first word like "D" in this sentance, i tend to look at the word just in case i've chosen the wrong word. :P

Years
    I often just look at the screen, because I can get my hands in the natural typing position just by touch, since the "F" and "J" keys have bumps on them to tell you which keys the are, and they are only two keys apart. If I'm having typo issues, such as typing a completely different character than I thought I was, I will look down to make sure I'm lined up correctly, and if I'm not, I move my hands in the direction necessary. Though I don't have to look down much to fix those issues now, since I've practically memorized where each key is on the keyboard.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    No, not really. Only if I consistently make a typo or I can't find a certain button because I keep missing it or forgetting it's location. D: Or I just don't wanna hit the wrong button. I do tend to do that. But when typing, I do avoid it. I've memorized where the keys on my laptop are for the most part.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Nope. Just the wonders of what 4 1/2 months of Texas Style Keyboarding Classes in schools can do to you. I went from 20 to 70 GWAM in those months and I don't look at the keyboard.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I'd say it's about 50/50. I glance down every few seconds or so just to make sure I'm actually hitting the right key, otherwise I'll mess up. I really wish I could type without looking at the keyboard, but I'm too lazy to practice and I can type just fine right now =P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Nah, I really don't. I can look at the T.V. when I type and still know what I'm writing. Like now, I"m watching CSI and I don't know how many mistakes I made, so I guess we'll see, huh? :D

--

XD Only an apostrophe mistake. Now I'm looking at the screen, but not the keys. :3

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    No, I don't. I was terrible at typing before, but a couple months of typing out school essays fixed pretty much everything.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Nah not really, I glance rarely ;P so yeah, I can look without typing but I can't properly touch type I don't think.. hmm

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    I can type without looking. But sometimes I do like to look at the keyboard when Im typing

Circa

The Strings of Love.
    Years
    Usually i do both too. :D. But most of the time when im typing i never look at my keyboard. XD

Back