• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you look at the keyboard when you're typing?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Never. They made us take a class on computers for about 18 weeks in school to learn to not look at the keyboard when typing. You have to memorize all the letters and keys and such. What a waste of an 18 weeks...

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I look at if before I start typing, so I know my finger is in the right place to start. However while I'm typing, I rarely ever. Very slight chance I may glance down at it if I've made a typo. But otherwise, no.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I switch between looking at the keyboard and the screen, so it's kinda 50/50. I can't remember the positions of the keys very well. x3

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    No, not really. Though sometimes when it's jammed or excessively dark I perk down every now and then.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Not always. Usually only when I make a typo or I'm unsure where certain keys are (which doesn't happen often) or when I'm just feeling stupid. :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I only look when I need to start typing so I'll position my hands correctly. Once I'm typing, no. o3o

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I hardly ever look down at my keyboard. Maybe sometimes when I've made a typo.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I don't look at the keyboard at all. I used a software to improve my typing speed in the past.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I'm getting better at not looking at the keyboard, but I have to look down occasionally, for example, when I have to type something carefully (like when typing my password).

While I have the keys pretty much memorised kinesthetically, I could never write the letters down on a blank keyboard, which is interesting because I'm not usually a tactile learner.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Most of the time I just look at the screen and pay no attention to the keyboard.
    Its been this way since 7th grade.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    No, I don't believe I've glanced down at the keyboard in order to type since the sixth grade. Looking at it to find the home row when initially putting my hands on the keyboard, now that's a different story.

That was one rigorous typing class, but it sure had its benefits. ^^

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    We had touch typing in my old primary school, so I guess it benefited in a sense XD; I don't look at the keyboard when I'm typing. Though I do make mistakes ever so often, that I'm most familiar with the lovely 'backspace' key, hoho :3

Back