• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you Love or Hate Routes?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
  • A route in easy form is a passage permitting Trainers and others to travel between locations with relative ease.At Right now there are of two types of Route: Terrain Routes, These routes can come in the form of forests, deserts, plains, mountainous, swamps, beaches or just grassland.Sea Routes can passed by surfing or diving(underwater new world) , every route has it own advantage and disadvantage. Which Route do you like the most? What type Of New Routes would you like to see in the Future?

Years
  • I really like the concept, because they serve as like a path that takes you to the next place you have to go to, because it wouldn't make sense to just have cities be right near each other. You have to have something that connects them in between. My fave one so far has to be the snowy routes in Sinnoh and of course, water routes due to me being a fan of Water-type Pokemon. Least fave? That stupid thick tall grass, because it's so hard to see and it gets in your way.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I've always liked forest routes. I love going through the trees. And of course my favorite has to be Pinwheel Forest! I loved going through those logs.

One type of route that I think would be really cool is a flying route, kinda like the soaring feature in ORAS, where you have to fly on your Pokémon's back to cross it. The battles could all be sky battles too. :D

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • A route in easy form is a passage permitting Trainers and others to travel between locations with relative ease.At Right now there are of two types of Route: Terrain Routes, These routes can come in the form of forests, deserts, plains, mountainous, swamps, beaches or just grassland.Sea Routes can passed by surfing or diving(underwater new world) , every route has it own advantage and disadvantage. Which Route do you like the most? What type Of New Routes would you like to see in the Future?

I prefer terrain routes because they usually have a wider variety of pokemon and scenery. But I am also a water type fan.

Berserkers

Kaboom.
    Years
  • I've always been a fan of terrain routes, mostly because they often provided a refreshing change of scenery. They've always been the most interesting to me, both visually and from a gameplay standpoint. (Though I admit that after a while, they do get monotonous. :P ) Sea routes have always been my least favorite. I've always thought they were pretty boring and I hated being bombarded by Water-types.

One type of route that I think would be really cool is a flying route, kinda like the soaring feature in ORAS, where you have to fly on your Pokémon's back to cross it. The battles could all be sky battles too. :D

Please make this a thing, Game Freak!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really like the concept, because they serve as like a path that takes you to the next place you have to go to, because it wouldn't make sense to just have cities be right near each other. You have to have something that connects them in between. My fave one so far has to be the snowy routes in Sinnoh and of course, water routes due to me being a fan of Water-type Pokemon. Least fave? That stupid thick tall grass, because it's so hard to see and it gets in your way.

She took my words right out of my mouth, haha. This is the reason as to why I feel routes are necessary; without them, we'll be having cities and towns connected to each other directly, which wouldn't make much sense, at least to most people.

I personally dislike water routes (they usually take more time and effort to travel), as well as areas that have too many wild Pokémon. As for others, I'm able to tolerate them without much problem.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've always liked forest routes. I love going through the trees. And of course my favorite has to be Pinwheel Forest! I loved going through those logs.

Pinwheel Forest is indeed beautiful c: Going through the logs is a really cool effect. I always get lost so easily in there though haha.

All in all I think routes are cool. They're a nice buffer between the major towns and cities, which is needed so that you have the opportunity to catch some wild Pokemon and take part in trainer battles. And some of them are really memorable, like Pinwheel forest as Lost Heart mentioned, and Kalos Route 17, where you ride a Mamoswine through the snow.

The routes that I tend not to like are the ones that are just a sequence of one-way ledges. These can be a little bothersome, since it's tedious to backtrack if you missed any items.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I enjoy routes. Not a big fan of water routes as they seem dull sometimes and getting attacked every other second by the same Pokemon (here's looking at you, Pelliper) is annoying. Cave routes are almost as bad, but I enjoy the atmosphere of them more than I do water routes.

I think the flying route is a great idea and I would love some kind of street route, instead of wild Pokemon, there's a lot more trainers.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm big fan of beachy and snowy routes. Love seeing our footprints as we step and walk. I strongly dislike HM routes (not surf though) that thing requires Strength/Rock Smash just to get shortcuts, but it beats getting to the trainers instead shortcuts another thing sandy routes which lead to trapich or dugtrio and routes with grass or no grass shortcuts I kinda like no-grass option even facing trainers

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Routes are awesome. I like them long with lots of sidepaths and hidden items, as they add as much to the region they're in as the cities do. Both sea routes and land routes are nice, though it's nice if you have an idea where you're going and if there's an abundance of secret places and things.

I despise snow routes though, that one in DPPl in particular. You move so gosh dang slow and you can barely see where you're going. Having deep snow makes sense, since the place is to the north (and is based off a real life place were it's known to snow more than 10 feet!) but gosh dang can we please have snowshoes or a snowboard? There's even skiiers on the route and they don't really share your movement restrictions at all.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Lol. Who's hating a route because it's a route? {XD} Route or path are necessities in Adventure games like Pokémon, Dragon Quest! If one dislikes this element from the RPG games, they shouldn't be playing Pokémon in the first place! ;)

My favorite route would be all the Water Routes from the Hoenn region. Additionally the Unova region's have lovely background musics!

I would like a Sky Route in the future.~ I've always envisioned a city in the sky, by Pokélogics that isn't impossble! xD

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Lol. Who's hating a route because it's a route? {XD} Route or path are necessities in Adventure games like Pokémon, Dragon Quest! If one dislikes this element from the RPG games, they shouldn't be playing Pokémon in the first place! ;)

My favorite route would be all the Water Routes from the Hoenn region. Additionally the Unova region's have lovely background musics!

I would like a Sky Route in the future.~ I've always envisioned a city in the sky, by Pokélogics that isn't impossble! xD

Sky Route? Really Interesting as it will make the use of Hm Move Fly and also increase the need of Flying Type Pokémon in the Games. But to visit the City they will have to make new travelling techniques in games Don't they? ;D

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    There should be a hellipad for landing after taking flying routes lol..

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Sky Route? Really Interesting as it will make the use of Hm Move Fly and also increase the need of Flying Type Pokémon in the Games. But to visit the City they will have to make new travelling techniques in games Don't they? ;D

Something like that, or it functions like Dive from the Hoenn and Unova games. But instead of diving in the sea the players and their Pokémon soar the skies of that region instead. City in a sky is not necessary, it can be something like Sootopolis City, which can be only first access by diving but in this case soaring.

So a Sky Route is not impossible.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • A Sky Route is a really interesting-sounding concept that I would love to see appear in a future game, personally. It'd be a great opportunity for Sky Battles to play a bigger part in the game, plus having places that are only accessible by taking a Sky Route sounds really cool to me ^^ One thing that I wonder about though, is how would trainer battle encounters work in the sky?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Routes are really important! They connect a town to another town! As many others said, it will not be cool see a town right after another town! Routes are cool because they are unique, there are no equal routes, it's a place where you can catch wild pokémon to join our team and it's a place to train! Yeah and I know that there are some routes which are a bit annoying because of the trainers, but hey, without them probable your Pokémon would not be so evolved!

My favourite routes, hmmm! I'm with Hikamaru, I love snowy routes especially from the Sinnoh Region!I always loved snow, and that white colour makes me feel, happy, I don't know! I really like forests too, especially Pinwheel Forest, I love going through the logs! I love underwater routes! I love the sea, and the species that live underwater are so beautiful! Although I like underwater routes, water routes can be a little bit annoying, but I still love them! Routes I hate, lets see ... Caves .... I haaaaaate caaaaves, the worst routes ever (in my opinion)! I'm not a fan of deserts, altough the Pokémon ther can be really cool! And I hate routes with those freakin' tall grass! So annoying!!!!! I just hate that route in Hoenn, the rain and that tall grass just makes me hate it so much!
    A route that I would like to see .... hmmmm, I would like to see more beach routes, more tropical routes, and more forests! A new complete route would be hmm, sky routes as many others said and maybe hmm ... I don't know how to explain ... a place full of bamboos, it would be soo cool!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I've not thought about this topic before since routes have always been there.

Routes are cool not only are they passages but they're extra places for you to catch Pokemon. It makes the whole traveling the world aspect seem realistic so go routes! I don't really have a favorite route though.

Years
  • I too will side with the fact that routes are at least necessary to be able to at least put some sort of obstacle to get through to progress to one location in the game to another. As for which routes I tend to like the most, there's Route 114 in Hoenn with those craters on the path to Meteor Falls, and I also like Unova Route 13 too, it's really pretty being near an ocean, and actually has a couple trainers that can be a nuisance.

Back