• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really LOL?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    LOLz, I like this question. When you put LOL or LMAO on a computer, do you actually LOL or LMAO? I really dont, like in the begiining, i didnt. Its wierd, i just put it.

Years
    ...it depends. Sometimes just typing "lol" online means that I've passed a chuckle or I'm just simply amused. Using any other variants of the abbreviation would probably indicate that I'm actually laughing.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    If I type just "lol," I didn't really laugh at all. I just thought it was a funny statement. Anything other than "lol," I most likely did laugh. :) Basically what Signomi just said. :P

It doesn't take much for me to laugh though. I laugh a lot.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I rarely laugh out loud when I type "lol." Though it is extremely difficult to get me to laugh. Whenever I actually laugh I usually write LOL or LMAO in Caps. But I can probably count the times I've done that on one hand. XD

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Whenever I laugh out loud or find something amusing I type haha instead of lol.

When I use lol, it usually means I'm not laughing and I don't want to hurt that person's feelings.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Usually, when I say Lol, I find it a bit funny. I don't typically laugh out loud when I say LOL.
    I sometimes give a chuckle when I say "rofl" or "lmao"

Years
    If I say lol, I'm not laughing. It's kind of like XD for me -- means I'm amused at most, and "I have nothing else to say" at least. I use LOLOLOLOL or HAHAHAHAHAHA or XDDDD or other things like that for when I laugh. But even if I use those, I might be highly amused, but not laughing. *shrug*

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    When I type "lol" I'm usually not actually "laughing out loud"....Just amused or maybe a little chuckle. If I'm actually laughing it'll probably be something much longer....usually involving capital letters or a face with a lot of mouths...like "LOLOLOLOLOL" or "XDDDDDDD"

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I see lol as having become a word —no longer an acronym (much like "radar")— simply to express a non-specific level of amusement at something done, seen, said, et caetera; thus with it being non-specific, upon typing lol I may have laughed or I may have not.
    I've been known to say lol IRL too (as "loll", not "el-oh-el"), though only in the vicinity of other internet regulars.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
    lmao i lol'd when i read the thread name hahahaha and im still laughing...yea im lame lol i cant stand wen people are on webcam and they put lol and they have on the straightest face in the world

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I don't use lol that much, but when I do I usually would be laughing. I use it mostly on chats and Shoddy and stuff. Anyways, I laugh most of the time when I type in "lol" or "rofl" and friends.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Most of the time when I type 'lol' or 'XD' I'm just amused by whatever was said. But when I'm actually laughing I'll type a lot... more XD

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I never use 'Lol'. It's nooby to me. >< And when there is a case that I use the word, "Lawl", (in my opinion, the only way to say lol without it sounding noob-ish,) nope. Don't usually laugh. It's just a nice way to say, "Wow, that's silly and may actually make someone laugh."
    If I'm laughing, I'll probably put a 'XDD;' at the end of my sentence.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Sometimes when I use "lol". I do sometimes makes me chuckle a bit, or maybe actually not laughing at all for no reason. :/

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    When I type "LOL" it means that I find it amusing. I even put it when I chuckle once just to show that it was at least a little amusing.

JessieB

Pixel Princess
    Years
    Sometimes. Usually it's just I'm amused in my head :) But when I actually vocalize a laugh and I say LOL, I usually say something like "OMG I seriously just LOL'd for real"

...lol.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    When I type "lol" it usually means I find something to be a bit funny, but not funny enough to have me on the floor. When I do find something that hilarious, I'd type something like: "LOL XDDD"

Years
    I don't usually laugh over something online; I'm more of a "you'd have to be there to understand it" type of guy, so when I see something online that was obviously meant to be funny, I'll type 'lol' to be polite.

I have seen some pretty funny things online though, so it's not to say that I've never actually lol'd before.

Back