• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really LOL?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    When I type lol/rofl, it's usually to be silly. I don't think I laugh at my computer.. Otherwise, my parents might think I'm weirder.

However, at school I sometimes say lol if the situation is slightly funny but doesn't deserve to be laughed about.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I never really caught onto lol or anything like that. If I find something amusing, I'll say haha. I'm dull and uncreative like that.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Ummm I lol all the time. I don't see why that would matter, lol.

jane18

O n e A n d O n l y!!
    Years
    haha thats a funny question cause i think most people jsut put lol or lmao probably coz theres nothing else to say or they are really laughing :D well me i dont i think its just this day an age thing..

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Not really. I use LOL when I find something moderately amusing but for actual laughing I tend to use LMAO.

Years
    I just type lol when it is something funny but not really got me laughing out load but I may do when I am actually laughing.

GrayLuna

Years
    I usually only type in "lol" when I'm chatting not really on message boards, sometimes when something's a bit funny and other times I really do laugh out loud.

Years
    I abhor the use of "lol", so the question's void in the case. xD; I use it when making fun of typical noob-speak ("noob" - another word I don't like to use), but otherwise it's removed fro my vocabulary. I use "XD" more commonlty, but mostly to represent anything from an inward smile to a chuckle. A proper, hearthy Laugh™ will have extra 'D's.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    No. Definately not. 'lol' is just my 'heh' or 'this is midly amusing, I'll show you how awed I am by saying lol'.

When I literally laugh out loud, I represent it as... well, I just mash the keyboard and assume that that's a laugh. 'rofl' and 'lmao' often indicate I did laugh out loud irl, too.

I abominate 'exdee' and its variants, though. I just think it's an ugly smilie, and the constant overuse of it by some people really does get in my nerves.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I consider the word "lol" more of an interjection, expressing amusement rather than it's literal meaning "laugh out loud". Something really amusing but not always laugh-worthy would be roflmao.

A real laugh would be XD with 2+ Ds at the end.

Then again, maybe I'm being too linnear XP

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    No I don't.
    If I ever actually lol, I really post it over the top... something like'

'LMAO LOL ROFL!!'

just to really prove my point.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    "LMAO" stands for "laughing my a* off." Similarly, "ROFL" stands for "rolling on the floor laughing." Personally, I like "ROLF" or "rolling on a laughing floor." Just seems a little more colourful to me.

Oh man... I'm definitely using ROLF from now on...

Any who lol usually means I'm mildly amused, rofl/lmao means you might have gotten a chuckle out of me. (Since it's very difficult to get me to laugh about something on the internet, this one is rare.) When I do laugh I use "omg that is hilarious!".

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    No. I don't ever laugh. I just put 'lol' or 'lmao' when I don't have a good response. I might smile.

Back