• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really LOL?

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
Years
  • Haha, sure, I sometimes say ROFL, LOLZ, LOL out loud. And I'm not the only one who does it at uni xD

Vkazuic

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Not really most of the time. When I'm actually laughing I just use the extended "XD" or don't even bother typing anything at all, because I'm too busy laughing.

lol is just to show my amusement.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Occaisonaly, depends how funny it is. Most of the time I just type it.

Are we allowed to mime-lol?

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I only use LOL whenever it amuses me, which ironically, is quite rare.
    But i'm starting to use lol lately, due to the fact that a lot of things, as of late, are starting to amuse me lol. Previously I used XD but i'm starting to deem it old so I guess ill will replace it lol.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I use lol occasionally when I'm amused.
    Usually I use my standard XPP when I'm amused =) Which is alot because I laugh easily.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    If I say just "lol", probably not. You can tell if I laugh if it's in caps or I say "lmao" or "rofl" instead.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Haa,honestly no.I just type it so people don't take my statement to an overly serious tone. :B Maybe sometimes I smile.
    However if I type like LMAOLMAOLMAO LOLOLOLOL or something like that,than yeah,I prolly did laugh~

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I usually only use "lol" when I'm somewhat amused or the other person has done it. I don't actually laugh unless I use a variation, and a stronger one as well. Like, when I type "lol" in rapid succession (i.e, "lolololol"), it means I'm probably laughing to myself. But if I use something like "lmao" or "rofl," I'm probably actually laughing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    lolno.

I don't find anything funny if I say "lol". The only time I think something is funny and laugh is when I say "Hahaha, that's funny" or something along those lines. I overuse "XD" after talking to a certain member here and that's not really a good way to assume that I'm laughing if I'm talking to you. So, if I find that something's really 'haha funny', I will tell you about it.

Kingkaju

Meh..
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2008
    When I use "lol" or "lmao" It usually just because I thought I was funny but I didn't laugh
    When I put down xD ! It means I laughed If I put down XD !! It means I laughed hard x3

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, in fact. I hardly use 1337, chatspeak,etc., so I would just say something is funny if I was really laughing. If I was sarcastic, I would just put[/sarcastic] at the end.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    "LMAO" stands for "laughing my a* off." Similarly, "ROFL" stands for "rolling on the floor laughing." Personally, I like "ROLF" or "rolling on a laughing floor." Just seems a little more colourful to me.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I'm going to completely be too descriptive with this thread and post yet another of those aasdfkljaojpawotij list things that we all love! XDDD;

lol/haha- I'm not really amused. Either I use it to stress a feeling, to point out stupidity, or just to put it there. Lol and Haha are filler words for me, and I just put them there to put them there.

lawl- My sarcastic/sometimes embarrassed laugh. It's almost a representative of me pointing out something completely idiotic of myself or someone. It's like one of those sigh laugh things you do before making a sarcastic comment.

lmao/lmfao/rofl/XDDDDD- I'm amused. I use these if it gets a laugh going in my mind, a smile, or an actual verbal laugh. While I occasionally use them to make someone else feel warm and fuzzy inside about their "HILARIOUSLMAO" day, I'm usually amused when I use these words/letters.

So the best answer to this question would be no. Lol is the online version of "like" to me, where it's real meaning has become obsolete.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hate the lol-thingy. So if I ever put lol in a text somewhere, I probably did lol for real. HARD.
    I usually type xD instead. I don't do that expression when I use the smiley... xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Uuuum.. most of the time, no. xD;

If I put something like lol/rofl/lmao/xD/xD;/hahah.. that normally just means that I'm amused, and find it a little funny. But if I seriously really laugh at something, I'll put something more extreme like 'XDDDD!/ROFLMAO!' or if I'm being humorous I'll put 'I lol'd' just to let them know I really laughed at what they said.

Or if I'm laughing a lot, I'll sorta mix all of the extreme ones, and then tell them that I'm freaking cracking up, and it hurts to breath. xD

Back