• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you remember the first episode you watched?

pkmin3033

The very first episode, when it first aired in this country! I had no particular expectations, but I really enjoyed it, so I started watching it week-by-week. Pretty hard to forget it really, as it was one of the defining moments of my childhood and the unofficial start of my interest in Pokemon, as I watched the anime before the games.

Years
  • The one in which Ash catches his Caterpie. I think it is the third one. I remember I watched it with my cousins when it first aired here. I hadn't heard anything about Pokémon before, but I instantly loved it. I was 4 or 5 years old. I got my first game (Pokémon Red) for my sixth birthday.

Years
  • The one in which Ash catches his Caterpie. I think it is the third one. I remember I watched it with my cousins when it first aired here. I hadn't heard anything about Pokémon before, but I instantly loved it. I was 4 or 5 years old. I got my first game (Pokémon Red) for my sixth birthday.

I think that might actually be my first too!! I was really trying hard to remember but couldn't, but now that you reminded me about this one I am pretty sure it was... so many memories of it omg

I also vividly remember watching bye bye butterfree and pikachu vs raichu often as a kid, they were some of my firsts too

Years
  • I even got a Caterpie in the game just because of the episode! String shot looked so cool in the anime, but it was dissapointing in game.

Years
  • I can't remember off the top of my head but my oldest memory of the anime would be the Christmas episode with the jynx in season 1 I remember I was in year 7 at the time it was on and having to rush home from school everyday to watch it on sky 1 and sat mornings it would of been around Christmas time as that's when I got into it and got Red

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • One of the episodes in Battle Frontier with ghosts in it, I believe? May was scared, but that's extent of what I remember. But first episode I watched that was new was Following a Maiden's Voyage.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I probably caught some of the Original Series, but the first one I really remember is the debut of Sudowoodo - Type Casting.
    I had the TCG so wasn't completely unfamiliar, otherwise the debate over the type would have made no sense. I think British broadcasts must have been significantly delayed, either that or it was repeats, because Torchic was my first card.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • When Ash catches Caterpie. The kids at school were talking about how cool this show on channel 12 was, and by then, two episodes had already aired. :P

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • The episode in which Ash went to the haunted house to search for Haunter to beat Sabrina. I found it on TV whilst browsing the Comcast menu. I hated the concept and wanted to be a more informed hater but instead, I became a fan.

Back