• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you remember what every move does?

Years
  • How well would you say you do when it comes to remembering what each move does in the games? Do you remember mostly all the moves? Maybe only moves from before a certain generation? Or do you not remember as often and read through the descriptions when learning/using moves?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Remembers most. Misses signature moves sometimes, particularly with legendaries, mythicals, Hisuian, and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee moves. Used Conversion and Conversion2 too little to keep those straight. Might have been able to recall Power Trick and Power Split correctly. Misses the mark on some double-oriented moves too. Thought Rototiller was Defense for Grass types, not Attack and Special Attack.

Also depends how specific you are on "know". Feels shaky on some specifics of Entrainment and Skill Swap. Example: Cannot use Entrainment to remove Truant. Allows you to Skill Swap it off, though. Could not tell you the details of Secret Power and Nature Power changing, other than location and staying physical/special. Was not aware of Stomp bypassing accuracy checks on a Minimized opponent either. (Knew about the double damage. Planned to bring it up as not being aware of niche interactions of other moves.) Read about Pledge interactions before. Forgot those.

Misremembers some lower accuracy moves. Expects Fire Blast to be 70% accuracy (like Blizzard/Thunder) and higher power. Struggles with Hydro Cannon and Hydro Pump too. Could not confidently list off many effect rates either.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I remember moves well up until generation 7 and over. For example, I don't remember the signature moves of Dhelmise, the Tapu guardian deities, Togedemaru, and Silvally because I never ended up using them in the Alola Region. I do remember the signature moves of the Alolan starters, Lurantis, Bruxish, Tsareena, and Palossand because I used them in my party. I read through the descriptions if I don't recognize a move.

It's sad not all Pokemon moves have made the transition to the Switch games. I miss having Psycho Boost on Deoxys and the XD: Gale of Darkness Lugia. I miss being able to bring up the Dizzy Punch Odd Egg hatchlings from Virtual Console Pokemon Crystal. I miss Delcatty having Assist and Vespiquen having Heal Order, which were originally signature moves. :(

Years
    • Seen today
    I remember the large majority of what every move does (probably miss a few obscure ones you don't see anywhere such as Mat Block)

I do get mixed up sometimes with what the chances of additional effects happening are for certain moves, like Poison type moves varying in their Poisoning probability.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • As far as moves I see the most often, yes. As for most of the others? No, lol, I guess I haven't done enough of my homework. I still do competitive anyway, because it's fun, but maybe it would be more fun if I studied up on everything further? Time will tell...

Years
  • Common moves used a lot by Pokemon and trainers in the games, those I usually know.

I regularly forget or misremember more specific stuff like signature moves or moves that I just never end up using.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I can't even remember every single Pokemon move, so...definitely not. ^^; There are some that do absolutely nothing, too, which further complicates things.

Back