• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you stand out?

Truality

Left for good
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Do people on the street look at you? Do you cause a commotion with your looks? Are you noticeable? Yes/No?

Here's how the poll branches go:

• Do you stand out?
      • "Yes." - Do you enjoy standing out? Would you prefer not being noticed so much?
        • What is it that makes you noticeable to others?
        • Has it ever caused trouble to you? (standing out, I mean)
      • "No." - Do you feel comfortable like this? Or would you prefer others to notice you more?
        • What do you think it is that makes you too "plain" to stand out?
        • Has it ever caused trouble to you? (passing unnoticed, I mean)
    -So, you noticed?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I don't think I do. Well, there are times when I do, and times when I don't. I'm never fully confident with things, so I don't really "expose" myself, you see. And I'm a really quiet person who prefers spectating from behind, so uh.. yeah :/. But there are certain things I'm good at or/and confident with, which help me get noticed.

I'm pretty comfortable with how I am perceived by people. I am who I am. So I feel thankful if people appreciate my good qualities. And I'm pretty content with how much people notice me. If I don't stand out, it's most likely because I don't want to be.. my self-esteem gauge isn't always full. But when people don't notice you when you want to be noticed, it isn't the best feeling.

..and very grand, kthx.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I stood out for a whole semester when my hair was dyed a bright green. It was nice to be noticed and it felt good, but then I realized things like, I'd never be able to skip a lecture because I didn't blend in, lol.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I used to stand out. I used to be so much different than anyone else, but my elementary school totally managed to beat that out of me, figuratively. I tried to be myself in the first year of highschool, but no success, people would just bully anyway so why would I even want to stand out anymore. I completely withdrew at that point, and in the first few years it was like I wasn't even there anymore. It's coming back a little now but I can tell that elementary school totally screwed it up. I don't know what I am trying to say with this post; maybe that people don't realize how much the way people treat someone can change the way they are.

Years
  • Most people don't bother to notice anyone else on the street, but compared to others, yes, I do stand out.

Let's just say that as far as my day-to-day appearance goes I don't always fall into the common ends of the gender binary. Some people notice that and they make sure I know they notice it with their looks of displeasure. I really don't like that feeling. I've been attacked (had rocks thrown at me) by people who gave me looks like that before and I always have a little part of me telling me to walk faster and look over my shoulder when I get stared at too much. I would love the option to pass unnoticed if I could. I don't care what people think, but I want to be safe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Do I stand out from the average idiot around here? Thank god that I do.

Do I stand out from 'normal' people? No I'm pretty average.

I don't care about standing out or blending it. I just do my own thing and that happens to be pretty regular.
    Only time people called me out once was when I started wearing ties sometimes; but I like it so they can gtfo with their torn jeans and unwashed blink 182 hoodies.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Well, it depends.
    I only stand out from others due to my interests of stuff like Japan, anime, manga, cosplay, etc.
    But hardly anyone stands out at my school these days due to the strict rules and this posh uniform no one likes but the headmaster. >.> Though, my friend has bright red hair and a green/blue fringe...

Years
  • Do you stand out?
    I can't really answer this with a yes or no, if I am honest. Do I physically stand out? I would say yes, since I am 6"3 and have longish blond hair, so it isn't hard to miss me.
    Do I stand out in personality wise? I don't try to. I don't like to be the center of attention, it makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. This is why I don't do big partys and so on.​

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Do you stand out?
    "Yes."

Do you enjoy standing out?
    Yes! I love being out there and different, it feels great to have all eyes on me and be paid attention too. And that's not just because I'm egocentric and believe I am God's gift to the world.

Would you prefer not being noticed so much?

Not at all~ I love being noticed.

What is it that makes you noticeable to others?
    I'm not really sure, everything. Probably my magnetic personality and optimistic view on life. And my ridiculous over the top-ness. Probably. Either that or they can just see how perfect I am and be gobsmacked at my beauty and wish to be me. If it's that last part they're smart people. Very very smart.

Has it ever caused trouble to you?
    Uhm, yeah, a few times. Nothing major though.

Years
  • Do you stand out?
    nope
    Do you feel comfortable like this? Or would you prefer others to notice you more?
    I'm kinda inbetween really, i enjoy not being noticed. Any bit of attention makes me uncomfortable but i've missed out on a lot of things because i blend in.
    What do you think it is that makes you too "plain" to stand out?
    Being really shy.
    Has it ever caused trouble to you? (passing unnoticed, I mean)
    One time during my GCSE year my english class was meant to go see a play to help us understand some poems we were reading but instead of informing us in english class they came around during RE and asked who was in a certain class. I said along with everyone else that i was but they missed me so i never even knew the trip existed until i turned up to english one day and there was nobody there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I stand out because of how I look. This isnt something I can control, its something I was born with but people stare at me, and have even gone as far as to say stuff to my face about it at work. Its really horrible and I hate it. Id love to be able to blend in. That kind of attention is unwanted.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Do you stand out?
    No.
    Do you feel comfortable like this? Or would you prefer others to notice you more?
    I feel comfortable not being able to stand out. Then that also means, that I won't be bothered by other people much.
    My quirkiness. That's what.
    Has it ever caused trouble to you? (passing unnoticed, I mean)[/B]
    No.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Do you stand out?
    No.

I like being in the shadows. I don't like the attention to be honest.

I dunno, don't care. Probably because I'm quiet.

Nope.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Unfortunately, because of my bad skin allergies and the fact I almost constantly have a rash on my body, I do stand out for the wrong reasons. It's quite troubling, especially when dealing with people who don't know what my skin condition is and think it's contagious. I'd rather not stand out, actually.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Do people on the street look at you? Do you cause a commotion with your looks? Are you noticeable? Yes/No?

Here's how the poll branches go:

• Do you stand out?
      • "Yes." - Do you enjoy standing out? Would you prefer not being noticed so much?
        • What is it that makes you noticeable to others?
        • Has it ever caused trouble to you? (standing out, I mean)
      • "No." - Do you feel comfortable like this? Or would you prefer others to notice you more?
        • What do you think it is that makes you too "plain" to stand out?
        • Has it ever caused trouble to you? (passing unnoticed, I mean)
    -So, you noticed?

Yes I stand out but I've done a better job at keeping a low profile nowadays.

I liked standing out when I was younger but now not so much.

Just my personality and how I act really. That, and my incredibly long and effeminate hair and my stylishly chizzled beard.

Unfortunately yes it has bought me trouble before. That's why I like to lay low more often than not.

I also stand out because I fight a lot, sometimes I enjoy it sometimes I don't, depends on who I'm up against when it comes to arguments about pretty much anything nowadays.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Do you enjoy standing out? Would you prefer not being noticed so much?
    This year is it is my goal to be noticed by as many people as possible. By the end of the year, my hope is for everyone to know who I am. So to answer this question, yes, I do enjoy standing out. I would prefer to be noticed more, haha.

I can be picked out from a crowd by my bright skinnies(red, pink, green etc.) usually. But that isn't really it. I think a large reason is the fact that I'm the only (openly) gay male at our school, so people tend to consider that when dealing with me. That, and I have my beliefs that I tend to stick to and promote. I have the, "I don't care about you, what you have to say, blahblah" attitude and it shows. I don't take **** from people, and I wouldn't back down from a fight even if the guy was three times my size, I'd show up or whatever, if for no other reason but to prove I'm not afraid, and I'll continue being who and what I am.

Has it ever caused trouble to you? (standing out, I mean)
    I'd say so. I've gotten in my fights. Others would disagree, but the only actual physical fight I've been in is because I was better and more unique than they were so their ex/current/bootycall/whatever liked me better, and they got mad and talked a bunch of crap so I took care of things. >.>

Years
  • Do you stand out?
    Affirmative.

Do you enjoy standing out?
    Hell yeah! Adore me! Worship me! MUAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAA!

Would you prefer not being noticed so much?
    It's all good.

For the randomers on the street, it would be my dark attire. For the people who know me, it's probably my unusual personality that captures their attention. As far as the street goes, I've had all sorts of people come up and start a conversation - a few times they've asked for my photo to be taken. The funniest thing though was when someone worshipped me on the street. I couldn't help but laugh.

Rarely nowadays. I have this demonic demeanour which keeps most trouble away from me. One night I was walking back home on my lonesome because I have no friends V_V and there was this group of young teenagers (about 15-17 years of age I would reckon) loitering around a car park I was passing by. One or two of them were carrying baseball bats and they were basically a bunch of troublemaking hooligans. They didn't dare start any shenanigans with me, even though they could have outnumbered me. It's all about self confidence and taking pride in your appearance. They contribute to your overall demeanour and that is one of the first things strangers encounter when they focus their attention on you. If your demeanour is strong enough, it alone will keep most common threats at bay. Believe me I know this to be true. I used to get bullied quite a bit when I was much younger because I was a weak person and different from what most would perceive as the norm.

No longer.

Once I walked down the path of Darkness it all stopped. NOBODY DARES MESS WITH THE OVERLORD NOW! MUAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAA! For I have great power at my disposal.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Kind of? Back home I would because I dressed nice, and by "nice" I mean you would never see me in just plain jeans and a t-shirt or sweats. I always make sure to look nice when I go out in public, so I'd get a lot of compliments on my outfits. Now that i'm in a big 'ole city, there are people who dress far nicer than me or more crazy than me, so do I stand out as much? ehhhh, probably not.

However, seeing as how I'm the only girl in one of my classes and one of seven in another, I do stand out there :P it happens when you're a girl in a sausage fest of a major.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I'm unnoticeable when I want to be, which is most of time. I'm fairly tall, but I'm also quiet and I don't usually attract a lot of attention.

River

Ninjah Penguin <3
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    Nope, I usually go by pretty unnoticed '.' Background noise, I guess.

Do you feel comfortable like this?
    I suppose. I'm not sure what I'd do with attention if I had it.

Or would you prefer others to notice you more?
    It'd be nice to be noticed, but there are benefits to being unnoticed, too.

I prefer to think of it as being rather unobtrusive. Not plain. :3
    I guess I've just grown used to being in the background, just gone with it rather than fighting for attention. I'm used to being lonely and quiet, so it's all good '.' Besides, it gives me plenty of time to think about things.

(passing unnoticed, I mean)
    I guess. People try to get me to be not as invisible, but...I just fail at talking to people and end up saying all the wrong things, so. 'Tis best for me to stay antisocial and quiet.

So, you noticed?

Yup. I did. xD

Back