• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucid

I didn't watch most of the movies that won anything... I really liked Big Hero 6, I didn't care much for a lot of the others or just didn't watch them. My favorite movies of 2014 were Guardians of the Galaxy and The Book of Life... I hate going to the movies, it's stupid exespencive, I always just bring a giant purse and sneak in drinks and booze to compensate, gotta have popcorn though...

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    The fact that American Sniper was what it took for people to actually be respectful during a movie was a disheartening experience. It was definitely a good movie but I wish people would have that same kind of respect more often :/

I watched like 10 minutes of the Oscars last night and I was super confused. I'm going back to Oscar ignorance

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    What do you mean that's what it took for people to be respectful during a movie?

I heard it was the same for everyone else who went to see the movie, but no one interrupted the movie at all. When the movie ended, literally everyone walked out of the theater in complete silence. That never happens, at least here. A lot of people were crying, too.

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    I heard it was the same for everyone else who went to see the movie, but no one interrupted the movie at all. When the movie ended, literally everyone walked out of the theater in complete silence. That never happens, at least here. A lot of people were crying, too.

^
    that.
    Usually the popular movies are filled with texting and chuckling and muttering and such.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    just looked at the nominees for this year and i did not see anything listed, now wondering if I saw anything that came out

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    just looked at the nominees for this year and i did not see anything listed, now wondering if I saw anything that came out
    tbh I should have invited you to see Inherent Vice that one night. woulda been pretty cool. good movie. honestly idk if you'd really like any of the Big Name movies from last year knowing you heEHehEHeh

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    tbh I should have invited you to see Inherent Vice that one night. woulda been pretty cool. good movie. honestly idk if you'd really like any of the Big Name movies from last year knowing you heEHehEHeh

oh yeah i forgot about that i would of def saw that. Next time i see a preview for something i want to see i will run it by you. lol i like a lot of movies, but nothing really caught my eye and i couldn't be bothered to go :(((

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I'm laughing so hard right now lmao

The pharmaceuticals want over $1K for my medication, and the insurance left us with a $966.33 co-pay

I'm dying

We have BlueCross BlueShield PPO Federal, one of the best insurance companies available, and they're paying $40

Lucid

This is why this thread doesn't work anymore! Ain't nobody wanna talk about healthcare ya'll. ;<

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I don't even have any idea. I take lithium carbonate for bipolar which is old, generic, and dirt cheap; I take risperidone for a multitude of things which is also generic and thusly dirt cheap; I take atomoxetine which is not generic yet and runs between $70 and $80 but has been recently topping $90... my new medication, Abilify, is the only thing that's changed.

The biggest thing running through my head right now is how much those sample tablets we got were worth, wondering if that shit got in the wrong hands, how much it would sell for... holy crap

30 milligrams of this stuff, which isn't even an antidepressant or a mood stabilizer costs about as much as a mortgage.

Fuck.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Our insurance is the best. THE BEST I TELL YOU.

And they're actually the ones paying the "copay"

This has got to be fucking cocaine or some shit I don't even... no. High grade coke doesn't even run this much for the amount. What is this

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    that's a capitalist health care system...

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    that's a capitalist health care system...
    Eh, I don't think the problem is so much capitalism as it is a duo of cronyism and a passive populace. If we had citizens who would stand up for competition and free business I wouldn't be paying more for a mood stabilizer than a cocaine addiction. It's all about the most people will pay and it's sad to see the limit so high. Passive, passive. Shame.

I should mention though it's not really a mood stabilizer, but in my case it's functioning as one. I forget the name but it's in the same class of drugs as my risperidone is, which is a hodge-podge group of meds that have many many functions for all sorts of things.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    ^
    that.
    Usually the popular movies are filled with texting and chuckling and muttering and such.

Wow, Americans must have really shitty moviegoing etiquette, I never notice any disruptive behaviour here.

Meanwhile I burst out laughing at the end of American Sniper because the dude was the one part of the movie I couldn't stand and I had no idea until the very end that it was based on a true story lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back