• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You're really not allowed to even rustle your bag of crisps in Swedish theatres xD

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Wow, Americans must have really shitty moviegoing etiquette, I never notice any disruptive behaviour here.

Meanwhile I burst out laughing at the end of American Sniper because the dude was the one part of the movie I couldn't stand and I had no idea until the very end that it was based on a true story lol

As an American.....when I go to movie theatre, its rare, but I've rarely noticed any folk whom are causing issues. There is that one guy or girl who gets a phone call and rushes out to avoid causing a disruption. There was one time where someone's phone went off and the guy answered it and started talking during Thor2. Finally someone in the room told him to leave and the one guy freaked out, yelling and screaming curse words all over the place. Finally a staffer came in and was getting the guy to leave the staffer got punched in the face by the cellphone guy and more staff and some of the movie-goers helped drag the S.O.B. out of the building. Then, the rest of the movie was fine. Just that ONE guy normally.

And yeah, the movie American Sniper was based off a real story. The father of the main character, Wayne Kyle actually told the director and the actor, keep the events to the truest colours to honor his son; and if they tried any extra Hollywood unneeded explosive stuff, the father was going to unleash unholy hell on them both (His exact words too); however it seems that both Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper were both able to honor said agreement as the movie is completely accurate with the book.

You're really not allowed to even rustle your bag of crisps in Swedish theatres xD

Do you still believe in one another?

Last edited:

Lucid

Damn, ya'lls movie theaters suck. Every time I go there, everyone sits the fuck down and watches the movie.

Cura

Years
    Damn, ya'lls movie theaters suck. Every time I go there, everyone sits the fuck down and watches the movie.

I guess its just people and their natures you know? Not all folk are going to just sit down, shut up and eat popcorn watching the movie. Still, I wish it was so.

Lucid

I guess its just people and their natures you know? Not all folk are going to just sit down, shut up and eat popcorn watching the movie. Still, I wish it was so.

Nah, probably not, we just don't wanna have to go pee during the good part.

Years
    It depends where you go, I usually go to a nicer outdoor shopping mall that has a Rave Cinemas. Can't say I've ever had a problem at that one. Now the one closer to the city, weeeeeelll that's another story.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Are the cinemas super crowded in America? Where I live (which, granted, isn't a big city) a lot of the time the movie cinema never goes past half full, if that.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I was at the theater seeing Gone Girl, and there was a group of three middle aged women who wouldn't shut the fuck up. They were yelling the entire movie. So I turned around and asked them to quiet down, and they just kind of leered at me like I was being rude. So my boyfriend turned around 5 minutes later when they continued to talk and said "hey will you quiet the fuck down?"

They got all mad and said "this is a public place", someone else sitting near us said "that's the point, shut up", yada yada, they were glaring at me as we walked out and I said loud enough for them to hear "just a little decency would be nice".

People can be so rude and unaware of their surroundings :/

Years
    It also depends on when you go. If you go late into a movie's cycle at any of the theaters near me, you're probably going to be the only one(s) in the room. The initial weekend showings are hit or miss. Depends on what type of crowd your stuck with. Most premieres I've been to have been quiet, but I haven't been to a premiere in 5 years. If I go, I'm always going to see it several weeks after release.

Cura

Years
    Are the cinemas super crowded in America? Where I live (which, granted, isn't a big city) a lot of the time the movie cinema never goes past half full, if that.

It both depends on two factors. What day it is and what movies are playing.
    When I went to see Thor2, it was only a Saturday night and the cinema was playing both Hunger Games 2 and Jackass: Bad Grampa so naturally it was packed for a small city's worth. Where I like is like a shut-off community, a small town really with nothing but quietness in it, you have to head north to find anything of greater expense.

Lucid

The only times I've had to seated next to a stranger, were for Titanic and Les Miserables. That's almost a 10 year stretch. Apparently, someone ain't planing something properly where you live.

Cura

Years
    Well, being in southern NJ, you got only residential zoning everywhere and forests (a lot of forest).
    Unless you had up towards Deptford or south towards Milville, the only cities I know that have a movies remotely near me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    On Valentine's day, me and my dearest were leaving the restaurant and thought we'd check if there was any spots left at the movies. There was, but only single seats at the edges of the rooms lol. I wouldn't want to go to the cinema without company, and definitely not split up with someone if we went together. And in any case absolutely not on Valentine's day haha.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My family and I almost always go watch the first showing of a movie in theaters, where there's not much of a crowd for any disruptions. Whenever a comedic moment happens in a movie, the audience just laughs for around 1.5 seconds.

Years
    I never even go to see big movies anymore. I used to enjoy the cinema when I was younger, but I feel like movies have been getting more boring lately and also in recent years I was pre-occupied with so much stressful work that it limited the free time I had.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Yeah.. I'm the same. Last movie I watched in the cinema was the latest Hobbit movie, and before that, the previous Hobbit movie. I've been downloading some older films or foreign films lately and just watching those. I don't mind sitting next to strangers in cinemas as long as they're unobtrusive and don't have body odour.

Lucid

I hate going to the movies, it's so overpriced. I google a film a sad amount of times becoee I go see it. The only thing I'll probably go see this year is the new Star Wars.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I last saw Mockingjay I believe.

But one of the best cinema experiences I've had, if not the best, was Interstellar. It was made for a great cinema experience. Won't be the same to watch it on a small screen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The last movie I watched was the new Spongebob movie, and I plan to go watch Chappie once that comes out.

I never even go to see big movies anymore. I used to enjoy the cinema when I was younger, but I feel like movies have been getting more boring lately and also in recent years I was pre-occupied with so much stressful work that it limited the free time I had.

There's your problem, you're suffering from the same opinions your old folks had when they were watching cinema in their younger years.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    But one of the best cinema experiences I've had, if not the best, was Interstellar. It was made for a great cinema experience. Won't be the same to watch it on a small screen.
    amen to this. what a fucking spectacle. I openly cried in the theater. it was beautiful.

I love going to the movie theater because it forces me to just sit and watch a movie without getting distracted by anything else. if I watch a movie at home I'll all too prone to get fidgety and then check on skype or twitter or something and I don't like that. plus I don't believe films are going down the shitter as some people do, so I guess that helps me stay optimistic. I rarely see blockbusters, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back