• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still bring your Pokemon cartridge to school with you?

Do you still bring your Pokemon game to school with you?

• Yes

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Yes, but I'm made fun of alot.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 53.2%

• Total voters

Pink_Marshmello

Super Nerd
    Years
    I don't normally bring it to school, but one time I forgot I had my Gameboy (The original gray blocky one) in my bag, so during study hall my friends all played my Yellow version.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My school seems to be decently good with people not making fun of what you like and such. At least in my experience. I actually do bring my Pokemon Games with me to school. 83 In fact, just yesterday I actually brought my Silver to school and played it during my Creative Writing class, because we do almost nothing in that class. Ever. And my teacher usually doesn't care with what we do.

So yes. I do in fact bring my Pokemon cartridges with me to school. 8D

Years
    I brought my Yellow and Silver sometimes, i'd bring it on the bus when my class went swimming. My friend couldn't grasp the fact that you could ''only carry six Pokemon''. Although, in my community/area, Pokemon has unfortunately become kinda obsolete. I really like it, but i'd get teased relentlessly if people knew i still played (heck, my bro is 2 years younger than me and he makes fun of me for it!). So i can only really play at home. I've heard of alot of people playin it in college, but i'd feel a bit wary, it could either go brilliantly, and everyone would think it's great, or it could go horribly wrong, and my college life would be screwed.
    Meh.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Not since 5th grade. It's the kiss of death in High School, unless you are unafraid of the consequences... like the one varsity football linebacker who brought his DS and diamond, and played them in spanish class every day my sophmore year.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Moved over to Pokémon General, seeing as this doesn't actually target older generation games. o/

And yes, I bring mine with me on occasion. Since I have a free hour in the morning with no-one around, but I've stopped due to the increasing locker searches and theft during gym classes.

Squirtle_15

im hunting for starters shinys
    Years
    hell no i dont bring pokemon games to school they might be get lost and besides i need to work hard in school rather playing ds

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes but there is a small percentage of other popular people who also play.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Before while in elementary and all, I never brought it, after in middle school I brought the cards, but not the game, in high school...No, I wouldn't be caught with one xD

Now, I'm in home school...so of course I bring it...next to me on the table :P

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Well, I'm homeschooled, but we do a co-op (basically school with just a few people), and I bring it to that. I'll only pull it out when asked, or when in the middle of a Frontier Facility. Otherwise I use my phone emulator to play crystal or yellow or something. I've gotten looks for that, some condescending, some very "Sweet, how the heck did you do that, show me how to get it!" It's kinda awesome like that.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It is usualy in my bad and sometimes i play but i never do it purposely it is just my school bag is also my bad that i take everywhere so its like half my school stuff and half the stuff i like so lol and i dont get teased and ur friends should not tease u cause u play pokemon it is just mean all my friends just say ohh his playing pokemon now he wont listen to us lol

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    I bring it to school, yes, but I only play it on the bus. We're not allowed to actually bring electronics to school, but it's okay to play them on the buses.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I left school 4 years ago so no i don't, but back in the days of Red, Blue and Yellow, and later Gold Silver and Crystal, i always had my Game Boy with me in School, but at that time EVERYONE had a Game Boy and Pokémon with them in school, in fact it got so bad in my school that they didn't have the power to confiscate them all so instead the teachers actually set up break time tournaments for us and gave out prizes (usually just points to which of the 4 school houses you where in, but we where all very competitive about that so it was a good prize) but you where disqualified if you where caught playing in class, it was fun too i remember winning quite a few times, but when we moved up to high school most people just stopped playing Pokémon, i too stopped too but when Ruby and Sapphire came out i decided to give in and start playing again, none of my friends found out but i wouldn't have cared if they had, but now I'm in collage i would never take a DS or anything in with me (at least not to play in class) my lesions are too important to me and beside 90% are practical anyway so there would be no time to play games, but i do sometimes take it on the Bus/Train with me to play.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    A few years a go I used to take my DS (Original) in, but never any Pokémon games. We'd spend lunch on Bomberman and Mario Kart in the winter or rainy days. But I left school May last year, so I guess I have to play it at home :P. Can't take it to work, I'll get the sack!

Back