• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still bring your Pokemon cartridge to school with you?

Do you still bring your Pokemon game to school with you?

• Yes

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Yes, but I'm made fun of alot.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 53.2%

• Total voters

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    I remember back in primary school. If a teacher sees you with a gameboy game, they confiscate it. So in other words, no I dont bring my games. I dont wanna risk having my games stolen by teachers. =\

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Eh, no? I never did. I had other things to do on my breaks than playing gameboy.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I actually never brought my Pokémon things to school because I experienced doing it once in 5th grade when it all got stolen. Though, I have played the Diamond Game on the DS from one of my friends who brought it to school.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I always did in high school and people would poke fun at me but by the end of the class we'd be talking about Pokémon and they'd be watching me play, etc. XD; With my grade it was okay because even if someone made fun of you for liking Pokémon, it was a sure bet that when they were younger, they loved the series when it was a fad and then you get into all sorts of nostalgia topics. Actually in grade 12, my senior year, a friend and I basically spent all of homeroom playing Diamond and Pearl when it came out. We ended up getting most of our friends back into Pokemon (we all had a DS or a GBC or a GBA out playing) and a few other people in the school got back into it too. I've never had a problem with it. :>

I played Platinum through some of my classes last term and on my first day back at work on Monday, I was playing Platinum on my lunch break. 8)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Same here Lightning, in my old High School whether you were a senior, junior, or whatever if someone saw you playing Pokémon, they would at first laugh a little, but then they get interested and want to play the game too.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I've been bringing Platinum to school since I got it XD; I don't play it during the school day because my school has a strict no-electronic-devices-rawr! policy. :< I play it on the bus and after school if I have club. My friend brings hers occasionally as well, so we've been working on the National Dex together. :>

Actually, I brought it today and played it while I was waiting for my ride home :'D I don't really care what people say about me playin' it (which is usually nothing anyway) since I've heard worse.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    When I used to bring my game to school, I too only used to play it on the bus or during recess back in elementary. I had no other access to it, or else I would have gotten it taken away. xD

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I take it to uni and play it first thing before classes and at lunchtime. There's only 5 of us in my class, so they are pretty cool about it - they even ask me about it sometimes, which is good! I can't convince any of them to play it, though :(

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I used to, but not anymore. The main reason I stopped bringing in my DS and video-games to school was because once I thought someone stole my emerald. :\ Seriously, for a few seconds I couldn't find it and I swear someone stole it. |:< So yeah, nope, not anymore. :( I would love to bring in my games but the fear someone might steal them is too much of a risk for me, to be honest. :(

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I used to, but not anymore. The main reason I stopped bringing in my DS and video-games to school was because once I thought someone stole my emerald. :\ Seriously, for a few seconds I couldn't find it and I swear someone stole it. |:< So yeah, nope, not anymore. :( I would love to bring in my games but the fear someone might steal them is too much of a risk for me, to be honest. :(

Same here, after experiencing my items being stolen at school years ago, I just didn't want to take the chance. I still keep a sharp eye on my Pokémon games as there was a time when my own friend tried stealing my game in my own house xD

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    I remember in like 2nd grade me and all my friends would bring our game boy colors and play all of the old games during recess.

If I still brought my games to school, one of two things would happen:

1.My DSi would get stolen from my locker.
    2.I would become a laughing stock.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    People tend to look at me oddly cuz im 1 of the only people in the school who still love pokemon, though I can turn things around to make pokemon a good thing in school e.g using it for class presentations (lol most of the times i can grab that A+). if i bring my ds to school i usually play diamond and rarely i bring my GBA to play crystal

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    Sometimes i do bring my Pokemon Cartridge.. But sometimes not because there are more exciting activities in our school.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    One time, I sneaked my GBA to class. No, GBA was allowed in my class at that time. The reason why I sneaked it on is because my parents wouldn't let me bring it. Anyways, it was a week before sem break, and like I brought my Emerald and Naruto game with me. My friend and I echanged GBA for awhile because mine was low in battery. I forgot that my Emerald was still in my friend's GBA. So I was stuck with Ant Bully as a game for a week. A week later, my friend captured Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, Registeel. i was like o_O because I never even knew of that event. And get this, my friend never played Pokemon before.

Anyways, after that time, we started bringing our GBA to school , and my friend bought Ruby and Fire Red. We were like trading Pokemon and that, and he has more stronger Pokemon than me. ;;

Also, one time, I traded my Omanyte with his Kabuto. I trained his Kabuto till it was Kabutops, and became a valuable member of my team. When he said, "Come on, trade my Kabutops back!" (Since we were supposed to train each other's Fossil Pokemon) I was like 'no~' but the real reason why isn't because his Kabutops was like a powerhouse, it's because I accidentally deleted my game. o.O;;

Finnel

Years
    I bring my Pokeymans to school when I feel like playing it. It's not lame or anything over here, and I don't have to worry about it being stolen since we have our own lockers.

Back