• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still bring your Pokemon cartridge to school with you?

Do you still bring your Pokemon game to school with you?

• Yes

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Yes, but I'm made fun of alot.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 53.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Not really, but on the bus I might turn it on if I am bored, my friends really don't do anything about it or say it's lame as some of them either don't care or even like it, I mainly just play Diamond tho.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • During school and when I'm bored, I play it a lot, but when I'm not bored, I'll just keep it safe in my backpack in my locker or in my pocket.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • No, but then again, I never did to begin with. I just have problems with bringing video games to school with me, or distracting electronics in general.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Yup. Or at least I did before graduating from college. And whenever anyone asked me what I was playing I was just told them. Nobody made fun of me-- of course it would be weird if people in college made fun of people for things like that.

I never brought my game to school when I was in high school but... it wasn't because I was afraid of being ridiculed but rather game boys and the like weren't allowed.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Nah, no-one does here anymore. Well, they might do in Primary School but i'm a little too old to comment on their behalf now XD

I gave up taking mine into school after Silver, when I kind of lost interest. There were a couple of people still taking in the newer Gen games afterwards but for the most part Pokémania died down and everyone moved on.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • I do occasionally, no-one makes fun, you actually find out that more people like Pokémon than you think ;)

Only the other day, one of my mates pulled out Pokémon Silver in an A level Geography class, somebody else in the class has their notes in a Pikachu ringbinder!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I would, except for that my school is insane on rules. They already breathe down our throats for iPods and the like; I don't want my DS taken away, too..

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • I don't bring my R/B/Y/G/S/C games, cause I wouldn't be able to play them (I don't really like playing them, because my GameBoy is rather old), but I DO bring Platinum & FireRed in my DS...some people know I still play it, I get made fun of a bit, but I don't care, I'd be willing to bet that 85% of them still have something Pokemon-Related that they play with. (I play my DS in Study Hall, when we have a sub :p)

Ha, I have it twice as bad. If I brought Pokemon to school, I'd be ridiculed for playing pokemon, and a DS. In my town logic is Xbox 360>PSP>All.
    lol that's how the majority of my school is (Well for the people that don't know about my DS)

Last edited:

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    No, I'm out of school. But even if I count work, no.

The PokeWalker will make it easy to train your pokemon without your cartridge though. Well, one of them anyways.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I do, most people play at my school and its great when on the bus xD i'm not wasting gas on my school

Turke

The Dude
    Years
  • I used to take mine to school almost every day, but then when my friend got his taken away by the teacher I got scared of losing mine so I started leaving it at home.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    Yeah, I always take it to school, whether I actually play on it or not is a different matter. It really depends on my mood, but I usually do play on my games.

BZuma

BZuma's i
    Years
  • yer i do but i noone knows about it but at school my bro make fun of me but atleast he doesn't tell all my friends
    sometime's i just play it when im walking to and from school i play whatever i feel like im playing red at the minite im trying to do monochrome in r/b with fire its going well but i started last night so i haven't taken it in yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Yeah. for that matter i made two girls fans of the game by telling them"dammit, i gotta finish question b, play for me" or "dammit, play for me"
    theyve never even touched a video game lol

they enjoyed it lol

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I do bring my Diamond/Platinum to school since the cartridges look like any other DS cartridge and nobody in my school tends to look through my stuff like that. So I don't honestly care in bringing my DS to school.

SuperBob

Professor Bob
    Years
  • What for I bring my DS to school when I can't play with it? (Dam teachers and curious classmates eyeing at me...)

Back