• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Do you still have your games?

Qinshi

Gym Leader
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    Well, in my parents house, their still has to be a pokémon red version somewhere.
    I secured it , and put it away in a box.
    But i have no idea where that box is now :(

Last time i saw my red cartridge was 8 years ago.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I still have all my Pokemon games, but my Yellow and Gold died several years ago. I still have the cartridges in my collection, just can't play them.

A couple of my other games have dead batteries that need to be replaced, but that should be easy enough to fix.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I still have some of my cartridges. The English versions that I have (two Blues) are working fine, and I even have a current file on one. My English Yellow was good, but I gave that one to a friend. My Japanese Yellow, though, has run out of battery. I have to get it replaced because I really wanted to play a game in Japanese (to practice the language).

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I still have Pokemon Yellow, which was my first pokemon game ever played. It doesn't work anymore, but I still kept it for memory reasons. I also have Pokemon Blue somewhere as well as my GBA SP. ^^

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Do you still have your original games? I know I do. I've held onto my first ever game Pokemon Gold, as well as Red, Blue and Yellow. I don't think I will ever part with them. They're just too nostalgic.

What about you guys?
    I am the same as you, just for Gold, I have Silver instead!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    I bought Yellow first, I got the Pokémon Yellow Color Gameboy and the game. I held onto the game for many years and finally traded over a Kadabra and Seel from my Crystal so I could beat the Elite 4 and finally caught Mewtwo in 2012. Shortly after I caught Mewtwo the game stopped working.

I also bought Blue and Red used for trading, but both got corrupted shortly after. Somehow while trading my Wartortle from Blue over the game froze and Wartortle went to the big screen in the sky.

Last edited:

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
  • I still have my Red and Blue games and I refuse to sell/give away both of them. I did have Yellow a long time ago but I lost it :/

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • Rby cgs Fr LG eme Sapp gone. Bro has ruby. I have 2 reds.
    diamond, pearl somewhere, soul silver. Bro has heart gold, and idc about the rest.
    I even have an original instruction booklet for red and blue :)

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Yes, I still have all my games.

Red, Blue and Yellow still work. Sadly Gold and Crystal died. I guess their battery gets depleted faster because of the day/night cycle and the ingame clock.

Ruby Sapphire and Emeralds batteries died too but luckily that only means ingame time based events no longer occur. I did like to grow tons of berries though so sadly that's no longer possible in those games.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • I still have my Red version my uncle got me from USA in 1998, while the game was only out in France in 1999. It still works, although my brother erased my save with full legit completed Pokédex (except Mew which I used the glitch).

I also have a Yellow version which was my brother game, dunno if it still works.

I recently found at my parent's home some Japanese version of Yellow and Silver, I don't know why those games were there lol. Silver works but the battery is dead so no save, Yellow still has its save (pretty regular team: Pikachu, the 3 starters, Mewtwo and Aerodactyl), I'm not sure I can trade them in an US version.

Then I have the physical version of Pokémon TPP version, a romhack of Red made for the first anniversary run of Twitch Plays Pokémon. It adds a higher level curve (Brock is almost Lv20, rival at the E4 is Lv100), all Pokémon available to catch (you must complete the dex to finish the game), Gyms + E4 rematches (all Lv100) and a battle tent for money.
    The Crystal hack is coming soon, I'll buy it too. It adds more stuff than the red hack, like gen 6 moves / type chart, new items, new story, new sidequests, all 251 catch etc.

Years
  • I still have my Yellow. I must of been 6 when I got it and I'm 18 now so It had been out for a while when I got it but It was still very enjoyable. It's also seems to be the only Pokemon game I still have so I think I'll keep it. Selling it isn't really an option anyways since my name being written across the label in sharpie destroys any value, haha.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I don't have them but I really wish I did! I have some totally 100% legal and not at all illegally downloaded versions of the old games which I play pretty often on my phone when I'm bored of lectures but having the real copies would be a real slice of nostalgia.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Nope. I lost them a long time ago due to me moving around so much. I am actively looking for the actual cartridges for the games in pawn shops. Hopefully I'll find some someday. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    When I was young and stupid I tossed my Red, Yellow, and Crystal when my Game Boy Color stopped working and I decided to quit Pokemon the first time. I am coming back to it though. Some eighteen years later I got two Gameboy Colors on their way to me. I'm paying out the rear end for stuff on ebay.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Unfortunately I don't, money was running short so I sold them. s'; Regret doing so but I need clothes and food, lol. I'm looking to get them back though sometime, since I know one of the pawn shops in the city an hour from me has at least Yellow. >o>

Back