• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Do you still have your games?

Khrysamere

A Side Character
Years
  • It's not like it matters, I think the Internal batters in Game Boy games last 7 years (I think) so you would have had to replace it atleast twice and once more in a year.

My Pokemon Crystal and Silver games don't hold a save anymore, it's quite a shame. I haven't tested my Pokemon Sapphire in a couple of years, but it's battery most likely has failed by now.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I unfortunately sold my red/blue/yellow at one point in the mid 00's. Fortunately I found my unopened copy of blue in mint condition. Combo packed with the official strategy guide. Tight.

Years
  • I have a Yellow cartridge what I only got a couple of years ago (someone was selling a GBA with Yellow and GSC for very cheap). I'm playing it right now. Any idea how long the internal cartridge is supposed to last?

Years
  • I still have Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal but G/S/C lost data due to the battery issue. Surprisingly Red and Yellow still hold data.

Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Why don't you guys fix your saves! It's not that hard! Why leave your R/B/Y/G/S/C in the back of your closet when you can put new batteries! All you need is some electric tape and a new battery at home depot for like five bucks! ;/

Years
  • Why don't you guys fix your saves! It's not that hard! Why leave your R/B/Y/G/S/C in the back of your closet when you can put new batteries! All you need is some electric tape and a new battery at home depot for like five bucks! ;/

Yeah I could change the batteries in my games, but that won't bring back my 200+ pokemon from Crystal :-( the damage has been done, I'll just live in hope they release G/S/C for 3DS and start again one day.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Sadly i lost my Yellow together with my Emerald :( i still dream about finding them but i searched everywhere at this point its kinda pointless dreaming about it

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • I held on to all my Pokemon games over the years. I have my copies of every cartridge game from gen 1 to gen 3. I retired the official cartridges to my collection and purchased an Everdrive GB for early gen gaming. The Everdrive can run Pokemon roms up to and including gen 2 and even link trade between official games. I definitely recommend checking it out if you love playing these games on the original GB/GB colour. :)
    Pics on profile

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I lost my original Blue game over 10 years ago 8( I cried for so long when I realized it was gone.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Yes, from Gen 1-6. I still have all of my Games and they were still working the last time I checked.

clefairydesuyo

fairy type pokétrainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    I still have my original carts for Blue and Yellow! Whether they still work is another story...

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • I've long since lost my copy of Blue. Have no idea where it could be sitting around right now, if it even is still under this roof.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have my Yellow version, but it keeps freezing on me every time I touch it. So it's not that usable, and I never got past Brock without it freezing and me having to start over :x

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • My Blue cartridge is sadly lost. It's probably somewhere in my basement or something but I gave up looking for it long ago. I still have Yellow, but it never gets past the title screen without the graphics glitching up, so that's a lost cause as well :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Still have red. And a game genie to get the ones from blue and the trade evolutions, since I only have one game boy.

Years
  • Never actually had any copies of the 1st gen games myself, but I'm pretty sure that the copy of Yellow that I borrowed from my cousin is still kicking around somewhere at his place. I know that he has his Pokemon Red stolen years ago, though.

I wouldn't actually mind picking up a copy of one of the games, just to say that I have one, even though it might be hard to come by.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I had Pokémon Yellow <3 Still have it, but the game cartridge (or my GBA, not sure) is glitching, so that if I touch it when playing, the game resets. So uh, it's incredibly risky to play it. So many hours spent in pixly Kanto though... All dat grinding and getting lost in Silph building. There is absolutely no reason for me to throw the game away haha.

Back