• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still play League of Legends?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    ugh they keep nerfing the only jungler i'm good at

why rito elise is bae

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Do you guys think cho might be banned pick because new items and most of adjusting his abilities make it considerably OP

I basicallly summed up what i said about chogath just a post ago but as a ban in solo queue i wont be surprised. In lower elos sure they may not understand how ridiculous chogath is because "he is immobile, rupture is dodgeable, etc" which means if you sre half decent with chogatj feel free to gain as many LP as you get chogath stacks.

Then again in higher elos where there are bigger trihards that leave cho open, its even more appealing to smash em with that BALANCED cho gath build ^^

Then again as much as i kinda exaggerate how strong chogath is because personally he is given his really good win rates in many servers right now, there is still the age old tactic of having a jungler camp a chogath lane and just kill him over and over with say a Darius or renekton, or even jarvan top (and jarvan must build Lethality first).

In competitive play which is a f**kload more coordinated thab lowly solo queue some regions are very successful with Chogath. Just recently Huni from SKT who returned from being benched from months on hand basically made game 1 of their match against KT showed why Chogath for top lane is really good. It basically became a high priority ban afterwards in the following games. Then again most of the patches in the competitive leagues are still in 7.14 so they dont have access to the recently buffed chanpions which is a buckload of them while cho's vorpal spikes got a slight nerf, which honestly isnt that bad.

Also PSA, Dr. Mundo right now is kinda sick thanks to the huge buff he got from the recent patch. Tank top laners and especially double ap/low physical dps comps are so easy to smash with mundo right now. Spirit visage + mercs baby

Last edited:
    Years
  • Righteous Glory sucks, it's a shell of it's former self. You used to buy Righteous Glory for the huge MS for your entire team, now it only gives MS to yourself, on a cooldown, only when moving towards enemy champions(and the range on detection I swear was nerfed), or you could build Deadman's Plate and get slightly more health AND double the armor and still get a decent, almost permanent MS boost that also gives damage(in fact, Deadman's will mathematically give you a higher MS boost than Righteous Glory at most points in the game, and the same at other very specific conditions). Better build path for tanks? Mana, health regen and CDR are all wasted so you waste tons of gold, especially on Cho'gath.

Cho'gath is also still one of the slowest champions (gets slower the bigger you get to) that CC's himself when casting any spell that is ridicilously easy to kite when his spells are on their very high cooldowns and becomes more and more easy to hit with spells as the game goes on which basically nullifies his huge health advantage, as you are going to get hit by every CC or damage spell ever thrown in a teamfight.

Not to mention Cho still has a pretty meh laning phase abusable by any lane bully that knows to track cooldowns, especially now that he doesn't get free health and mana by just last hitting minions anymore.

He has 50% pick/ban stats in pro play right now yet manages a pathetic 40% winrate. You would think pro players would know how to abuse a broken champion to his full potential right, right?

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Guys before this one turns into a typical reddit trash talk thread i figured out why i was winning as chogath this entire time.

JUNGLE cho gath not lane chogath. What was i thinking. HaHAA. But yes jungle cho has been my go to jungler as of late since F**k maokai and zac. People are banning mao or zac so i dont get to play them but cho being open and free for freelo. Of course i pick him when i have actual kill pressure coming from my lanes aka they land their s**t so i can walk up to em and slow them with my **Still good** vorpal spikes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    We are all armchair Analysts here just like reddit. Emphasis on anal because thats what some of these users get after they make their posts.

I just barely won a game with my baby Darius against a cho gath in my lane because i definitely left him open when i trollbanned singed. Im close to my Promos to masters once again. I guess all this banter on cho and whatever bulls**t helped on me smashing my lane against a cho main but thats to be expected when you have a competent Darius to smash tanks in lane with. Also as an insult to injury, i ent RG and a stoneplate aftrr my usual Core Cleaver DD just to stamp a point in their chogath's face.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So i talked to my actual sensei in League who is unfortunately stuck in New Zealand therefore plays on the OCE servers right now and he basically let me reevaluate my stances on the likes of cho gath, righteous glory, and whatver was discussed and he was right about a couple of things:

1) singed > chogath

And i quote:
    why were you memeing about cho being balanced when singed is more f**king broken LUL

2) righteous glory
    Dude the active has been nerfed several times to what it is today. The reason why people build RG is that it is still used as a diving tool for tanks and yes the item components are good when you build it on a darius or Nasus heck even do it on your Xin but serously the auto activaton of the wave that it has right now is clunky and it takes practice for those OP chogath drive bys.

3) tank meta
    See this is what they get for nerfing yasuo and fiora then overbuffing tanks. You get a really stale and unhealthy meta that honestly makes me wish that i was playing on patch 7.13 where it was more diverse. Buff lethality? Yeah that could have been, and the 7.14 lethality rebuff only works on games where no one f***ing picks tanks LUL like in my games in OCE right now.

4) ancient coin right now
    item is overtuned imo. Hell even phreak and jatt calculated that the item yielded much more gold than the others at such a large margin.

5) bramble vest
    Hate it LUL. And you also hate it too right? Jax, yasuo, and Xz gets f***ked by it
    Honestly i think bramble vest is THE MOST BALANCED item in the game as part of the whole tank itemization agenda is concerned.

I personally didnt notice this one right away until i rechecked some of my games where i got ancient coin as a support and holy jesus...

And this this is coming from my teach who helped me become master tier hardstuck noob who smirfs to abuse diamond and below players better at the game since season 3 who unfortunately is living in OCE right now. Unfortunately hes still a wuss for not being man enough to attend my graduation party

Alright i hope this cleans up some points regarding some Sh*t i said.

Though still i stand by that i like the current righteous glory as of late even though the active really sucks compared to its old self. I do like the item in some of my champions like on XZ which ive been doing recently. Trinity + bloodrazor + RG xz is currently my top build for him and im abusing the crap out of people.

Also storm raiders on Urgot is not as good as i thought it would be. but ghost still is btw. I have solid proof in video form why i take ghost.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I understand feast stacks and new changes on cho become unfavorable to most top laners,as his ult is mostly unavoidable due it always true damage, but like you said his Q is avoidable if timely dodge the circle it make yas fanboys gonna cry

Years
  • I honestly hate Singed more than Cho'gath. I know he isn't that strong, it's more of an annoyance thing for me. When Cho'gath kills me I can tell why I died, and you can play around his cooldowns more or less. Singed just kind of runs around laughing like a maniac and you can never tell whenever you are winning or losing or what you should be doing vs him, you shouldn't be fighting him, but you can't ignore him either.

I honestly don't think Ancient Coin is OP, I think the other 2 support items should be buffed instead, and the mana coin should be removed cause it's stupid. This is the first time in ages supports actually had a good gold income and it actually feels good to play them. If enchanter supports are too impactful(most supports that buy coin are that) it has nothing to do with Ancient Coin gold income, but probably items like Ardent Censer being too gold efficient, somebody calculated that Ardent Crenser gives Janna 4500 gold worth of free stats, overtuned much?

For Bramble Vest, idk. Building it early feels like you are gimping yourself because you are never going to finish Thornmail first item, but building it at any other point means it's more or less useless until you finish Thornmail (which has IMO been gutted). I feel like Riot jumped the gun on community suggestions too soon on this one, since Thornmail went from a niche strong pick vs full armor teams and fed AD DPS to never bought like Sunfire and Randuins, especially since it's own AS slow passive stops AD champions from hurting themselves too much before rest of team kills them.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I feel that way for ancient coin it does give plenty of gold and non-support may abuse at will just for their own greed, furthermore thankfully the amount you'll get is limited for blue coins so to prevent support from overboard with it. the takedown thing makes this bit too much either kill or assist.

Just before Bramble Vest, going thru Thornmail it take time to buy cheaply as long you have the items, now people just Cloth Armor -> Bramble -> Thornmail and with sunfire it make it more spikey than usual and the passive makes like in between needles

Edit; Just glad Elixir of skill is no more, it make instant ranking skill up without leveling effort at all

Mister Torgue

Banned
    Years
  • Ohhh baby league of legends thread

Just to let anyone know i was previously challenger last season but ive been striggling and hardstuck at diamond 1 to master promos. But i suddenly started playijg Maokai and it was k

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Bramble vest is kinda of amusing as a buy against a melee dps lane with reliance on lifesteal (dorans blade) or heal on hits. Then of course the TM transition helps into making sure ADCs can be gutten but then again most ADCS pretty much run energizer builds nowadays to partially counter armor stacking.

Still, Its highly entertaining to see a bramble Vest Jarvan suddenly win lane against Renekton by baiting renek's ruthless predator so he can receive even more return damage thus greatly reducing the aggro a renekton player should be doing. The gold efficiency of Bvest is amusing to say the least.

If you win lane with a vest on the lane matchup, thr pay off is huge. If you still lost lane even with the vest then you can always blame your jungler and declare open mid.

Of course this applies to using the best on champions with pretty good dueling abilities on hand, like a top lane tahm kench against a carry top.

Years
  • Whoa a new champion already, I know Riot said the plan is Urgot > new Vanguard > Eve but I didn't expect it this soon. I'm really curious what kit Riot will give to a mountain smith.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Patch 7.16 psa will edit later for the details
    Source - https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/league-of-legends/league-of-legends-patch-716%3famp

Buffs:
    Brand
    Sion
    Vi
    Fiora
    Fizz

Nerfs - oh boy these are many

Caitlyn
    Corki
    Casseiopea
    Galio
    Maokai
    Taliyah
    Syndra
    And BORErianna

Cinderhulk
    Total cost increased to 2500 from 2425

Ancient coin
    Mana restore nerfed

Ornn reveal too
    And wow these skills WOW/LUL
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/featured/champion-reveal-ornn

Ps: that passive.....

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I willing to save IP for new champion and honor capsule gives nothing good and just the champions I already owned

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I just love 200RP deal for 3 skins.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Actual patch notes and some of my own thoughts:

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-716-notes

Content:
    Pentakill kayle
    Battle boss brand, ziggs
    Lancer Hecarim = fate much? Jk also a hextech exclusive skin
    Splash art Portraits in game = best feature btw. Why didnt riot implement this years ago? Oh right spaghetti coded game thats why.

ARURF = streamers have been enjoying this in PBE so we now get to do this too.

Changes:

Galio nerfs = i dont think i agree with this one considering that galio's play rate in competitive has been reduced when you have those easier to use tanks in the likes of maokai and chogath in there. Compared to the other tanks i think galio is a lot harder to use.

Caitlyn nerfs = i honestly thought that shaving off a huge part of her attack speed growth was already a huge huut to her but then we also get some direct ability base damage nerfs as well. While ot may not affect cait that much, if the very next patch also buffs other advs for addiontal contention aka dicersoty, these nerfs along woth the huge one cait got in the patch before will kindoff kill her soon.

Corki base ad nerf (58 to 55) = this nerf may not sound that much for the naked eye but it still has impact such as less base damage to cs and a damage drop off to sheen procs. This is still a base ad nerf thats almost half of a longsword worth of stats.

Casseopeia
    Base mana down, mana per level up, e base damage down at higher ranks. Yep, reducing cass' lane bullying potential.

Syndra nerfs = maybe so that tsm and other teams with syndra mains are to be less scary now? I dont like the ap ratio reduction of her q.

Taliyah nerf
    Dear god that mana cost increase is huge. I honestly think thats a pretty huge nerf at her. Threaded villey at rank 5 having 100 mana per cast? Holy kayns.

Kayn bug fixes: well deserved fixes.

Vi buffs
    Assault and battery having less cooldown is nice but i also love the change of making sure we dont get to actually cancel the E powered autoattack be ause honestly that animation of her using E is just so clunky at times. Now its going to be much easier to play her with some sexy E auto attack resets.

Fiora buff
    She deserves it. She was hit too hard in the patch that nerfed her.

Maokai sapling toss nerf
    Damn its a huge nerf especially for jungle maokai where one point of sapling toss is enough to easily have a great jungle clear.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I seen less players use galio and more to using brusiers, but seeing his ult CDR increased slightly it make less to prune to use smackdown in your face ult of the time and not all top laners are sometimes mage-based since all of them are garens, darious, fiora and yasuo and rare are like kennen or teemos.

Since catlin was nerfed, I'm gonna go with Jinx for now. and besides corki is very uncommon now

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I honestly expected no less from rito.

We get a patch that buffs many champs at once aka le bufv barge with Nasus being insanely overtuned imo (1 sec cd Q with the right build when using ulti) then we get the nerf submarine on some of the meta champs a patch later.

But at least i can be happy that we can have splash art portraits with the skins that we use instead of still having the vanilla artwork in the in game hud. It makes even some of the crappier skins with really good splash art feel a bit more worthwhile now. Also Secret Agent Xin on the hud portrait.. its a good thing i bought that skin when it came out.

Back