• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still play League of Legends?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I played a little little bit back in 2015 and now I've picked it up again when I had more time on my hands. I'm not planning on heading into ranked as I'm fairly sure I'd just get put in Bronze or generally not enjoy the competitive climate lol - I'm way to old and casual to actually be good at this game. But I'm having fun in normals and also testing out weird builds in bot games ahah and that's all I care about really, having a good time. I used to play Aatrox but they nerfed him so now I can't really... Make him survive. I switched to Wukong instead, but I also really like to play support Sona.

What's your fav champions? If you play ranked, what rank are you?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Im hardstuck in low/mid masters so im using an alt account instead.

Funny. We have a league thread thats way past its overdue since its like a really old thread where all the discussions happened. Also latest is hilarious as its easily summed up here:
    B2go8wl.jpg

As for the game, i still love playing it even if League itself is a cesspool of aids and c@ncer but the reality is, EVERY MULTIPLAYER GAME IS. My best advice really for everyone who wants to have fun AND improve at the same time is to focus on your own gameplay. If something wrong happens that youve seen that its the fault of your own teammates, you still have to look at what was your own mistake. How would you have made that play better and not fall trap to the teammates' bad play. You just really have to focus on playing well and if your teammates sucked so hard, just remember that there will always be better teammates in the next few games. I've leveled a bronze and silver account out of their tiers into gold and plat respectively within a few days by just playing well and doing what i can to communicate with people, even if a lot of them tend to sound like complete @sshats. (Imn4xinyoursmurfingyuck, smurfing still requires effort guise, and the cool to know that the teammates you are playing with are not as good as you.)

Tldr: do what you can. If you play REALLY WELL and communicate to your team right, there is a good chance that they will actually listen. Some people, even myself, fall into this trap of playing well but not communicating enough with my teammates like telling people to tale an objective like Baron to help agaonst enemy wave clear, but at times things get too hectic to even say that before your teammates start monkeying around.

TLDR again: you win, your credit, you lose blame teammates think what you could have done to salvage things or stop the bleeding.

Hell ill just post screenshots of my past games. I have replays that i migjt upload too,

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, if somebody starts flaming I just stay quiet and mind my own business haha. I think that's a general issue with all multiplayer games where you meet strangers.... and the internet in general XD

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I just enjoy playing normal than rank, Rank is pretty serious business and cause lots of commotion if unprepared. Sadily, I got exam tomorrow I'll play more later after exam

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Miss Fortune was my main! Sadly I had to create a new account recently so I have to save up my creds to get her again. Thankfully the community wasn't as toxic as before though *cringes*

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • PSA do NOT buy runes anymore since they will be reworking the rune system when the preseason 8 patch arrives. But if you did buy any runes as of March 2017, the IP you soent will be refunded. But what kinda sucks is that Rune pages, which many may have bought wih RP (rune page discount bundles ftw) WILL NOT be compensated.

Also Lethality, tanks, Kalista, and Sivir are the current ways to go as of now.

Screenshot of results not representative of the current meta btw:
    20280306_10212409283639466_7997755774368383716_o.jpg

Basically i kinda wanted to try Rengar out since ive been playing Kayn and Chogatj recently. Its funny that the lethality rebuff kinda made Rengar viable once again but not really because Rengar's numerous nerfs still gimps him.. sigh

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aww... I'm soon on Lv 20 and was planning on getting runes then. :/ It'll be a long time until the pre-patch, won't it?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • There is a couple of months before the reworked rune system gets live. As for runes, i already advise anyone to stay away from the rather gimmicky runes which are expensive and do not benefit many chanps and just stick with the standard ones. Again all bought runes will be refunded.

In my case, i can be extra salty that i wont get any compensation with the RP that i spent on Rune pages.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There is a couple of months before the reworked rune system gets live. As for runes, i already advise anyone to stay away from the rather gimmicky runes which are expensive and do not benefit many chanps and just stick with the standard ones. Again all bought runes will be refunded.

In my case, i can be extra salty that i wont get any compensation with the RP that i spent on Rune pages.
    So what are the runes one should get first? If I want to fill up a rune page (to be able to not suck at jungling my weak Wukong at last...) what should I start with? I'd also not want to get super specific and be able to use the same runes for different champs since I also like to play Sona sometimes. Which is obviously completely different from Wuk.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • So what are the runes one should get first? If I want to fill up a rune page (to be able to not suck at jungling my weak Wukong at last...) what should I start with? I'd also not want to get super specific and be able to use the same runes for different champs since I also like to play Sona sometimes. Which is obviously completely different from Wuk.

The ones you should get are:

Flat AD reds
    Flat armor yellows
    Flat magic res blues
    Attack Speed quints
    Flat ad quints
    Scaling hp yellows (hp/level)
    Magic penetration reds
    Flat ap quints
    Scaling cooldown reduction blues
    Lethality reds
    Flat armor Reds

All of these should cover a variety of champions.

Ill be more specific on which champs to use certain rune cominations with.

Example: general AD
    AD reds
    Armor yellows
    Magic res blues
    Attack speed quints

Applies to most ADCs, and melee fighters such asYasuo, Xin (wink wink, but i have spicy runes for my main champin), Jax, Nocturne, Master Yi

Attack speed quints give a VERY NOTICEABLE attack speed increase which greatly helps many of the ADCs and AD fighters in the game who rely on auto attacks and their respective steriod skills.

AD fighters who use abilities more often
    AD reds
    AD quints
    Magic resist blues
    Armor yellows

Eg: Riven, Renekton, Wukong, Darius, Garen, Jhin

Supports (with ap scalings)
    Flat armor reds
    Health scaling yellows
    Cooldown reduction blues
    Ap quints

Typical AP mages
    Magic pen reds
    Armor yellows or health scalig yellows
    Cooldown reduction blues or magic res blues
    AP quints

Now as of this patch, AD mid lane assassins such ad Zed and Talon are quite popular again because of Lethality and Duskblade power spikes so if you are playing your ap mage for mid, run armor yellows to not get one shotted and cooldown reduction blues to reach the CDR cap of 40% earlier after Morellonomicon and such.

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What's best build for Shyavana because I'm going to use her during jungle or I just follow lol cat app.
    Yas players are super scary, if your with yas player your probably safe.

Woot! Just enough IP to buy the newest champ, probably player later after all exams are over XD

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • What's best build for Shyavana because I'm going to use her during jungle or I just follow lol cat app.
    Yas players are super scary, if your with yas player your probably safe.

Woot! Just enough IP to buy the newest champ, probably player later after all exams are over XD

Runes:
    Typical AD.
    Attack damage red
    Armor yellow
    Your choice of blues (i run cooldown reduction)
    Attack speed quints

Masteries:
    Spoiler:

Items. Honestly there are many. Rather than say an item build, ill just mention the notable items on her. This is for Shyvans jungle which i should assume most people do anyway.

Boots of choice:
    Mercs or tabi.

Certain items:
    Tiamat - this item is a godsent since it helps you farm your jungle immensely as well as giving a nice damage increase. Also this item turns into a very good damage item later as an upgrade.

Jungler item and smite enchantment
    Bloodrazor or Cinderhulk.
    I tend to go Bloodrazor mainly for that massive DPS increase especially later after Trinity Force and Titantic Hydra. Attack speed and on hit effects are sinply nuts and amazing on shyvana.

Cinderhulk is an attractive option if one wants to go a more tanky approach since the item provides amazing scaling with tank stats and items later.

The smite enchantment i use is Chilling Smite because that extra slow is so good on a chanpion with loads of damage but no Cc to contribute. Also chilling smite solves the issue of shycana jungle of not having any CC for ganks.

Damage items
    Trinity Force - triforce offers a bulload on stats for shyvana that is amazing for her such as attack speed, cooldown reduction, the phage proc (extra ms), health, a bot of ad, and of course that sheen proc that Shyvana can use with her Q auto attack reset.

Titantic hydra
    This is the suitable upgrade of the tiamat that you kay have bougjt earlier. It greatly upscales your damage while making your later defensive item buys even more meaningful since extra health increases the titantic hydra damage on hit.

Defensive items:
    Dead Man's plate - i have a bias for this item ever since the dawn of time. The item is simply amazing as a buy after Trinity Force.
    Randuins Omen - to survive against and shutdown Ads who use crit and attack speed
    Gargoyle's Stoneplate - its just nuts on every tank and bruiser.
    Thornmail - oh yeah dont forget to abuse that OP item called Brambles vest.

Luxury aka owning really hard and popping off:
    Infinity Edge and phantom dancer - shyvana critting her sheen powered q is amazing btw.

Psa: buy items based on your conditions. Dont just follow a build that you see in mobafire without understanding item purchase timings or whatnot

Full items be like:
    Standard shyvana items
    Tabi or mercs
    Chilling smite - bloodrazor
    Trinity force
    Titantic Hydra
    Dead man's plate
    Randuins Omen or guardian angel

Tank shyvana
    Tabi or mercs
    Chilling smite - cinderhulk
    Dead man's plate
    Thornmail
    titantic Hydra
    Gargoyle's stone plate

Cocaine Shyvana aka troll build for men
    Boots of swifties
    Chilling smite bloodrazor
    Phantom dancer
    Sunfire cape
    Hextech gunblade
    Liandry's Torment
    NOTE - DO NOT DO IN RANKED unless you are high on cocaine or are smurfing or both or youre playing on flex queue with your friends, or all of the above.

PSA SHYVANA MAINS:
    SHE GETTING BUFFED BOIS
    Base armor increased from 27.628 to 29

Flame Breath (E)
    [New] Now has AD scaling:
    30% tAD on damage
    30% tAD on Dragon form damage
    10% tAD on scorched earth damage
    Dragon form damage changed from 100-200 to 100-160
    Tad = total attack damage

Flame breath NOW with AD scaling lul. And its total attack damage ratio meaning that it factors your entire AD (base AD as seen in the stat card and Bonus ad from whatever sources). Yeah thats going to be nuts.

Patch 7.15 is going to be this year's massive buff barge. Gosh darn why does this year mirror season 5 so damn much

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I do run AD runes and armors rune as well the AS quints. I don't know if I should run her as tanky brusier or offensive brusier just facing warwick and to survive his ult however

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    it really depends. syvanna used to be run full tank with blade of the ruined king as her only item. i think tanky bruiser is the way to go, since it lets you soak some damage while doing damage. blade of the ruined king is key and i'd also say maybe titanic. however if your team needs a pure tank, she can do that too.

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I think I have item set on my previous game, I'll show it later

VoidCactus

The Absolute Madman
    Years
  • I used to play all the time, but lately I haven't played in several months. I used to be Silver trash, but I didn't bother with Ranked too much because of anxiety. I mostly stopped playing entirely because the group I used to play with fell apart.

I mainly played Poppy, Evelynn, and Zac in the Jungle. I also had some real weird picks like Jungle Garen, Mid Sona, and Jungle Karthus (Which worked hilariously well with the proper mana management). Fun times.

Years
  • I only play with my friends nowdays, whenever I try to play solo it just ends up in a disaster. I don't feel like playing ranked anymore (was D3 and I think I could have reached at least Masters if I tried further) because I get autofilled every other game and my main is usually banned when I actually get my role. Normals are just terrible, flammers, trolls, terrible matchmaking, etc.

Honestly I have noticed I'm getting less and less interested about new patches, champions and skins. I used to be hyped for pretty much everything, but the better I get at the game the more I feel like Riot has no clue what to do with the game. Their balancing is a nightmare, their skins went from clarity focused to "who tf is this?" within a few months (just look at the new Brand skin! It looks more like a red Pulsefire Ezreal) and the only thing I honestly genuinely enjoyed in the past year was playing URF mode, which Riot is purposely keeping from us and isn't putting it on the rotating game mode queue and questions about it are ignored/dodged. I think it's about time to stop for me.

I'm looking up components to build my own PC this summer. Once it's finished, I'll probably completely move over to Overwatch because it's just way easier to play casually(and I already have a discord full of friends for that too). Not to mention all the games I could play with a graphic card that isn't outdated by almost 2 years. So soon it will most likely be my turn to say goodbye to LoL.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-715-notes

Patch notes for 7.15

My thoughts.

-I hope they dont go out nerfing duskblade again after this patch.
    -so many buffs to many champions that i honestly did not expect to get.
    -URGOD
    -Knights vow nerf lul
    -the nerfs to Zac arent exactly still hitting on his uncounterplayable forms of CC (seriously who redesigned zac) but hey Zac nerfs are fine by me. People should stahp complaining about zeds and talons one shotting them when theres a bigger problem in the game (coughxoughworldoftankscoughcough)
    - chogath... it was fun while it lasted.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    WELL no more normals for me for about 2 weeks. only playing ascension :D

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • As promised my highlight reels. A lot of thesecplays are rather clowny but i did my best to play clean then there are those plays coming from the teammates i get in solo queue.

Jarvan (me) vs Ahri 1v1

Rengar (me) 1v2 clown fiesta. Watch my GENE USE flash

Then there are plays like this coming from teammates:

INTeresting Irelia 1v2. Emphasis on INT

Duel of the apes. Our irelia vs the pirate who has been making her life a living hell theought the game.

Back