• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you "talk with your hands"?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
  • Most of the time. Since hand and body language emphasizes my point. The only time I don't do that is when I talk formally, in english.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I know I do when I'm explaining things or trying to emphasize something, but I really want to stop because I personally get really annoyed when people talk too animatedly. It's distracting.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    All the time. Most of the time I do it without even realizing it.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I do it when I'm explaining something to a friend or to someone. Though people don't even realize they're doing it. ;)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Yes. I always talk with my hands. I can't help it. If I don't want them moving around, I will put them at my sides but they usually end up moving on their own or playing with something like my sleeve.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i talk with my hands a sometimes usually when i am explaining something

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Everyone does to some extent, but I don't do it all that much. For the end of elementary school and most of high school, I lived in a pretty Italian area and half of every conversation would be vigorous hand gestures so I became pretty conscious of the fact that I rarely used them in comparison. So that pretty much set the bar for noticeable gestures for me and I don't notice anyone's anymore haha.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Not usually unless Im having a hard time describing something, I dont really feel the need to gesture that much, just speak.

Back