• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think a Pokemon Z will come out?

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
Years
  • I do, as Zygarde would be the Z pokemon and rumors have been around. Btw, just look at the Kalos Map and the extra space(in attachment). Or do you think a remake of Pokemon R/S/E will be done instead? I'm really hoping a Pokemon Z will come out because Pokemon X and Y's post-game is short and gets boring, then there's only wifi battles to do after that. The games hardly any new legendary pokemon except event pokemon, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion. You can only get Yveltal or Xerneas depending on game, Mewtwo, Zygarde, and Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos depending on your starter. The rest are event pokemon which you can miss, not get in the future. I personally didn't get event pokemon in the past because I missed them and was willing to cheat just to get them like Darkrai, Victini and others. Anyways what do you think?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I think there'll be a Pokemon Z, since it's better and easier for them to do that then make a whole new generation anyways. :3

Looking forward to it!

Years
  • There's always a third game (or two, in the case of the previous generation), so why not?

R/S/E remakes are unnecessary; remaking the first two generations already made it more or less possible to trade up from every generation to the current one, and besides, where would it end? How long before we have remakes of B/W? Then remakes of X/Y? I'd rather Nintendo focus on something new, like a follow-up to XD (sequel or new game, whatever). That was one of my favourite games.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Megastone exclusivity would be a bit weird though. Example is for the Kanto starter Charmander, where it's Megastone will depend on what game you are playing. So either they're going to make Z Megastones, or they'll make sequels with title XZ or YZ, as what was thought by a member here in the XY subsection. :3

I do not think that a Hoenn remake will happen any time soon though, even though I want it to happen soon. Why? 'Cause it's already possible to get the PKMN there and transfer them to the 3ds PKMN games. Though the hassle is very very eewy, which is a good chance of the Hoenn remakes to happen. :3

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • There's always a third game (or two, in the case of the previous generation), so why not?

R/S/E remakes are unnecessary; remaking the first two generations already made it more or less possible to trade up from every generation to the current one, and besides, where would it end? How long before we have remakes of B/W? Then remakes of X/Y? I'd rather Nintendo focus on something new, like a follow-up to XD (sequel or new game, whatever). That was one of my favourite games.

Not really. Considering Hoenn is the only region we haven't been back to yet, it's the only game fans are forced to play on the GBA if they wanna explore it. I think RSE remakes are highly likely this time around, but not before the third version.

A third version is inevitable however what game would it be? We were all expecting Gray in Gen V and we ended up getting sequels. I think that could happen again since BW2 did very well and were a success.

I'm not bothered either way just as long as we get more TMs, move tutors and megastones.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • Personally I wouldn't want Z.
    I'd rather a Hoenn remake. If we get Z I'd want it later.

Years
  • Not really. Considering Hoenn is the only region we haven't been back to yet, it's the only game fans are forced to play on the GBA if they wanna explore it.

Kanto also has to be played on either GB or GBA (unless you count returning in HG/SS, but is that still the same as playing the original games?). I'm also not sure what you mean by that being the only region, as we haven't yet been back to Sinnoh either. Once again, where do the remakes end? Or do they ever? Do we need every generation available on whatever console is the most current? Ooh! Let's remake R/B/Y on 3DS!

Or not. New games please. Maybe some future Pokémon game(s) can bring us back to Hoenn (and other regions) the way G/S/C did.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Kanto also has to be played on either GB or GBA (unless you count returning in HG/SS, but is that still the same as playing the original games?). I'm also not sure what you mean by that being the only region, as we haven't yet been back to Sinnoh either. Once again, where do the remakes end? Or do they ever? Do we need every generation available on whatever console is the most current? Ooh! Let's remake R/B/Y on 3DS!

Or not. New games please. Maybe some future Pokémon game(s) can bring us back to Hoenn (and other regions) the way G/S/C did.

I worded my post slightly wrong.

Barely anyone owns a GBA + R/S/E. At least with 4th Gen and onwards all games are playable on one console, one current console. Hoenn is the only region left in the GBA ages whilst the rest are updated and available on the Ds and 3DS.

Who cares if the remakes "never end". People will continue to buy them as long as they are made, so...

GSC was a one time thing tbh. I doubt we're ever going to get two regions in one game.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Not really. Considering Hoenn is the only region we haven't been back to yet, it's the only game fans are forced to play on the GBA if they wanna explore it. I think RSE remakes are highly likely this time around, but not before the third version.

A third version is inevitable however what game would it be? We were all expecting Gray in Gen V and we ended up getting sequels. I think that could happen again since BW2 did very well and were a success.

I'm not bothered either way just as long as we get more TMs, move tutors and megastones.

We also haven't gone back to Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos. Do we need to have a remake of every single region at some point? As much as I liked FR/LG and HG/SS, I think we've had enough of remakes. There's no point in making a carbon copy of the exact same game with the exact same plot and characters on updated hardware. Sequels to RSE would be nice, for a new adventure and a new story while still getting to revisit the Hoenn region, but imo I think we're done with remakes. I've never heard of any video game series that makes the same game over and over again, so I doubt Pokemon will do it.

As for Z, I think it's most likely going to come out. A lot of people are saying there will be sequels like in BW, but a third version seems more likely to me (even though I would prefer sequels). Reason being the plot doesn't seem to lend itself to a sequel, at least not to the extent that BW did. Either way X and Y have a lot of room for improvement, so hopefully Z addresses all the flaws of X and Y.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I certainly believe there will be a Z. As far as a remake I'm not sure about that as I'm not aware of the vibe of the subject. I just got back into pokemon after stopping for about 8 years. I would hope they are trying to make more console related games at some point but if not there is a good change a remake will come out.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • We also haven't gone back to Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos. Do we need to have a remake of every single region at some point? As much as I liked FR/LG and HG/SS, I think we've had enough of remakes. There's no point in making a carbon copy of the exact same game with the exact same plot and characters on updated hardware. Sequels to RSE would be nice, for a new adventure and a new story while still getting to revisit the Hoenn region, but imo I think we're done with remakes. I've never heard of any video game series that makes the same game over and over again, so I doubt Pokemon will do it.

As for Z, I think it's most likely going to come out. A lot of people are saying there will be sequels like in BW, but a third version seems more likely to me (even though I would prefer sequels). Reason being the plot doesn't seem to lend itself to a sequel, at least not to the extent that BW did. Either way X and Y have a lot of room for improvement, so hopefully Z addresses all the flaws of X and Y.

Well just to point out FR/LG were a remake from Red and Blue, and then HG/SS would a remake of Silver and Gold and so it would only be proper that a R/S/E be the next remake. However, I agree that either Z or a sequel will come out first. I would prefer it more like B2/W2 where they had it a different but same region and new content etc. How the missing parts by Kiloude city would be filled in.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Well just to point out FR/LG were a remake from Red and Blue, and then HG/SS would a remake of Silver and Gold and so it would only be proper that a R/S/E be the next remake.

I know, I played all of them--the original and the remakes, so I'm aware of how the concept of how remakes work. What I meant was there's just no need for a next remake. I would love for us to go back to the Hoenn region, but a sequel to R/S/E would be preferable to remakes of them. Or perhaps a game where you spend half the game in Kalos and half in Hoenn. It's a long shot, but honestly, I'd be open to anything as long as it wasn't reinventing the wheel.

Years
  • I hope another game will come out, I'm already desperate for another Pokemon game to play.

It'd make sense for a gen 3 remake to happen. Gameboy advace had a gen 1 remake, ds had a gen 2 remake, it seems logical that the next console would have the next remake. If it keeps going, then the console after the 3ds could well have a gen 4 remake. I quite like remakes. I've played since Gen 1 but I was a kid then, it's nice playing a fresh and updated version with a better understanding of it all.

Ideally I would love a remake with several areas but I don't see it happening sadly!

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I would love for us to go back to the Hoenn region, but a sequel to R/S/E would be preferable to remakes of them.

Right that's what I meant to say, sorry if I worded wrong. I could kinda see Hoenn and Kalos merging.
    Hoenn has lot's of water (isn't it an island?) and to the left of Karlos their is an Ocean, there could be a boat or something that connects, similar to the train that goes to Kiloude. It's a longshot but who knows.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I remember thinking Gray was a sure-fire thing. Obviously it wasn't. I think this time around though Z is pretty likely. For one, Zygarde is a pretty fitting 'mon for the cover. And perhaps it's just me, but I felt that Gray is a bit of a lackluster title, whereas Z doesn't seem to suffer from that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I'm probably alone in this, but I'd rather see a Pokemon Yellow remake than a Hoenn remake.

Years
  • Who cares if the remakes "never end".

I do actually. Remaking the same thing we've already seen would take manpower away from making something new and even more awesome. And therein lies the point I wish to make: why waste time remaking every single game over and over when Nintendo could be focusing their talent on bigger, better things? Because people would buy it? Not as many, I suspect, as would buy something we haven't already beaten to death.

I second Sopheria, if we really have to go back to Hoenn, it would be better as a sequel, or as part of a bigger story (why does the re-visit tour from G/S/C have to be a one-time thing?).

Years
  • I think it's highly possible for Z. They left many small things in game without answers and solutions.
    -The power plant doors for example, maybe they're underground tunnels leading to another part of Kalos or a neighboring region like the Hitchhiker claims to be from.
    -Or maybe that place is meant to be an event, who knows. The "ghost girl" is another unsolved mystery.
    -That train station could be the connection between X, Y, and the new game so Z seems like the more logical outcome for the next product.
    A remake would be awesome but for what the recent game's story line entails, it just seems unlikely at this time. :o

Back