• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you want to have children?

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
  • Of course. Sure, there are costs that seem unattainable to me now, but almost everyone has kids and can pay for them eventually.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't even like the thought of being in a relationship.

One day my mind could change but for now it's a big no.

Afi

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2020
    Actually do, but I don't think I'll get married. Still, that doesn't mean I haven't thought of how many children I want.
    For me, 2 is enough. If I only had 1, I'd worry that he or she will be lonely. So, 2s the perfect no.
    As for names, didn't think about it.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm fine with children but I don't think I even want to raise them. Marriage isn't even in my future as I value my independence and I'm happy in my life as is.

Unless you count those with four legs and are furry then yes, I will adopt one in the future, eventually.

Years
  • I have always loved kids, even from a young age I was that motherly girl down the street who would play with and walk home the younger ones, and read them stories. So if I have any kids one day then I will treasure them. However, being able to provide for a child is essential to me, and like many people here I am not yet in the financial position to bring children into this world right now, nor at the stage of a relationship for a discussion of children. A child is something I would prefer after marriage while settled into a happy and stable home. Kids should not have to worry about where food is coming from, or if they have the clothes or medical care they need, or if they have a safe school or house.

Until I am confident that I can provide a good life for a child I do not at least plan on becoming pregnant. If I can do this someday then the number does not even matter to me, it could be 1 kid, or it could be 5, I will be grateful for whatever I have. If I run out of time to start a family then I will be content to just help the kids already here in the community that need some love and providing for, and would donate and volunteer at children's homes, and perhaps foster or adopt.

Last edited:
    Years
  • no i dont see myself having kids at all. could change? also not open to the idea of changing it rn unless i'm financially and mentally capable.
    also yeaaaaah don't like the pregnancy thing.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • no. while i think in the future it's a possibility my feelings will change, i just don't think i could handle the stress of parenting and how much patience it requires. patience i definitely lack. after growing up in an abusive and neglectful household, i would hate to turn around and become like my own parents. it's just not something i want to risk. also, children are really expensive and take away your time. i have dreams of travelling around the world, and having children would really set that back.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    i would really, really love to! 😭

i've wanted to be a mother since forever. right now though, it's very much a far-off dream, since i'm barely an adult (and even that's debatable tbh), and have enough trouble taking care of myself as it is. once i'm financially, mentally, and physically ready, then i would very much like to. that day might be a verrryyy long way off, but i wouldn't want to bring a child i wasn't 100% ready to care for into the world, so i'm willing to wait. once i've had enough time to live my own life, fulfil my own dreams and hopes, and experience everything i want to, then i'll start thinking about it.

i also agree w/ a lot of the posts here tho - pregnancy is an absolutely terrifying thought. :x i like the idea of adoption, but i also want a child that looks like me/my partner, b/c i'm vain lol

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    It's complicated to say the least.
    My partner wants them someday, but I'm unsure despite some part of me feeling the same. Mostly because I don't want to go through the pain of childbirth (seriously, even weak cramps incapacitate me), I could pass on mental illnesses to the kid, I'm irresponsible, I don't want to become in any way like my mother, and I can barely care for myself as is right now.

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I would love to have kids. :)
    I can make them watch anime and convert them to it.
    I mean I already watch cartoons and what kind of parents can say they never watch a Disney movie with their kids. I think it be fun it's adorable in anime and you have this cute little baby that relies on you and loves you and calls you mama. Every time I'm at work I see cute kids with their moms or dads. It cute when they tag behind you like ducklings and push a tiny basket while at the supermarket and you see them adding things and see the parent put stuff in their tiny push basket just rolling behind them. xD There so many cute moments. I would love to go home and see my child run into my arms and be like Mommy!!! xD, Of course, I have to be a waifu first and find my hubboo...<3 But yeah there so many nice thoughts like taking a bubble bath with them and watching them walk....it is nice to have a family one day. 🤗

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Too much commitment. I feel like I'm the exact antithesis of a potentially good parent.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Long-term? I think I would. The relationship problem the more immediate one, though. I find it hard to put the time and effort into maintaining a relationship and my goals in a relationship don't tend to align with most people's. There's also a bit of a motivation and opportunity problem. I'm largely content with the way my life currently is, so I'm not going out of my way to find a girlfriend. Since I mostly hang around in communities where not a lot of women are, it's not like one's going to just fall out of the sky and land on me.

Short-term? No way. I'm getting by financially, but some medical issues in December and some loans I gave out have strained my finances. I'll probably be fine in a year or two, but at the moment things are kind of tight. I wouldn't be able to support a kid financially, let alone emotionally.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Funny this would come up. For the longest time, I said no, but I decided recently to have kids with my fiancee after we get married. We've been together for nearly 7 years now so imagine his face when I did a complete 180 and popped the kid question! But we're both excited. I want to have at least two kids and even though I'm terrified of the prospect of getting pregnant and going through childbirth, I know he'll be there for me and it'll be worth it. :) Here's hoping our firstborn is a son -- tbh, I'd love to have two twin boys, but since the chances of that are low, I'm at least hoping desperately for a son. But you know, life will probably kick me and I'll have two girls instead because eff me :D

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    No. Possibly getting a vasectomy next year.

If I do have any children, it'll be through adoption.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    At one point in time, probably. Once I finish education and hopefully get a job, I'd like to start a family of my own. I had an overall happy upbringing and I'd like to provide the same. But whether or not I can do that, only time will tell.

Back