• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you wish you were born the future like 1,000,000 year from now?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Human is expected to habit earth for a long time until sun go cool on us.

million years , ten million years from now ..... image how advance technology can be... there would be cure for cancer, disease, so many cool stuff. Maybe we can even live forever.! Maybe we can meet aliens !

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I love technology, but no. I would be entirely out of my depth. Anyone even from 200 years ago would be unable to function in this world, with our cars, planes, internet, food, etc.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Though the chances that humans will be extinct is a very real possibility as well so I guess it wouldn't matter. Regardless, if we are still around, I'm happy where I am. There are a lot of issues with the society we live in that I think will be addressed in the future, but living with the technology we have now is fine to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    He's asking if you were born in the future, not if you went there. You wouldn't have to really adjust. You'd grow up with whatever there was then.

As for me, no. I'm pretty convinced that far in the future, it would be pretty bad. I think we'd live in a post-apocalyptic world by then. I don't have much of a positive outlook on the world today, so I'm pretty sure - if I was born with the same personality and values and beliefs that I have now - I would have a pretty negative outlook on the world then as well, even more so.

I love technology, but no. I would be entirely out of my depth. Anyone even from 200 years ago would be unable to function in this world, with our cars, planes, internet, food, etc.
    You don't even have to go that far back. Most elderly and today's technology don't really mix.

Years
  • If we still have a healthy civilization, sure, why not? I'd assume we'd be on different planets at that point, tbh. It'd be all I would know, so I would be as happy as possible. :B

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    He's asking if you were born in the future, not if you went there. You wouldn't have to really adjust. You'd grow up with whatever there was then.

As for me, no. I'm pretty convinced that far in the future, it would be pretty bad. I think we'd live in a post-apocalyptic world by then. I don't have much of a positive outlook on the world today, so I'm pretty sure - if I was born with the same personality and values and beliefs that I have now - I would have a pretty negative outlook on the world then as well, even more so.

You don't even have to go that far back. Most elderly and today's technology don't really mix.

Oh, you're right, I misread! Thanks for the correction.

In that case I can't really answer. I have no idea what that future will be like; humans haven't been around for even a quarter of that time. I'd still lean towards no, because I don't think people will exist at this point.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Nah, i'm pretty happy living in the here and now. I've got to see some pretty cool stuff during my lifetime, so I can't really complain.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'd much rather live in the past. Maybe say 2 or 3 hundred years ago. No technology, the dark ages, crusades out the anus. Beautiful bloodshed and religious hypocrisy everywhere. And no dumb ♥♥♥♥♥es who sing about cake and taking selfies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm sure I wouldn't really care either way because I wouldn't know any other life. Like, I can't imagine living 50 years ago instead of today. I also can't really grasp living a million years from now.

I will say that I'm glad I was born when I was, though. I think it's fascinating that I knew what the world was like before widespread use of the internet and people born a little later than me will have no idea what it was like. People born far enough before me aren't usually as accepting of technology so a lot of them don't really understand or embrace everything the internet gives us. Things like that give me a frame of reference to see how things would be different if I were born in a different--close--time, but something as far off as a million years is just so foreign that I don't think it would matter to me at all.

Years
  • As much as I love the technological advances even in this day, and age, I probably would not want to see what the future holds for humanity \: It's a hard concept to grasp considering we're not time travellers, and have absolutely no idea what the world would be like in such a long time so other than the answer I provided, I have nothing else to say...Though to be honest, and on a side note, having lived for 20 years already, and seeing humans destroy the Earth, I'd much rather be dead than see the ultimate demise of the planet.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The future is the unknown. Who knows what might happen then? I wouldn't like to be born there, just because of that. The mystery factor. Sure, technology would've advanced in a huge way, and your thumb drives have a mini super computer on them or something, but I just don't want to be born then, simply because of "what the heck's going on that far in the future?".

The Earth is more likely to be ruined by us than naturally anyway, so I doubt the future would be so glamorous.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • No. Too scary, too unknown. In the book The Timekeeper, a businessman freezes himself cryogenically but "wakes" in a future with no real emotions, as everyone had been brainwashed by technology.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • First off, I believe that in 1,000,000 years or so, by then, we would have sucked the world dry from all our resources and started some huge war over the last remaining few killing off billions of people.

I would have much rather lived in a time prior to this one. I would have liked to live in an era with less advancements, because it gave a lot of people chances to create new inventions and everything. It was easier to become successful with your own product then.

Technology is slowly ruining our life. It can be extremely positive; however, we don't take advantage of the positive aspects of it, and we tend to use it for the wrong purposes and let the machines do all the work. We don't learn things anymore. I can't imagine how stupid our nation will be even 100 years from now with the rapid pace of advancements that we're doing.

Years
  • First off, I believe that in 1,000,000 years or so, by then, we would have sucked the world dry from all our resources and started some huge war over the last remaining few killing off billions of people.

I would have much rather lived in a time prior to this one. I would have liked to live in an era with less advancements, because it gave a lot of people chances to create new inventions and everything. It was easier to become successful with your own product then.

Technology is slowly ruining our life. It can be extremely positive; however, we don't take advantage of the positive aspects of it, and we tend to use it for the wrong purposes and let the machines do all the work. We don't learn things anymore. I can't imagine how stupid our nation will be even 100 years from now with the rapid pace of advancements that we're doing.

I've always thought about how difficult it is to come up with inventions that could change our lives, not innovations that make our lives easier; all these technological advancements are making us lazier, they're not necessarily life changing, in my opinion at least. But, who knows? Maybe our societies will slow down, though I have heard Japan's ahead by ~10 years in terms of technology compared to other countries. Wouldn't be surprised if that's true \:

I'm surprised that the Earth has managed to survive up until now with the way we're devouring the resources without thinking of the consequences. Humanity is either going to kill itself first, or the Sun will swallow us whole within the next couple billion years.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Pretty much like all the other responses. I would expect that humans would probably be extinct in the next thousand years or so, let alone million years. Wouldn't really want to be birthed and live on a presumably dead planet.

However, if we consider the scenario that the off-chance of civilization somehow survived in the million years. I can't even grasp on how advanced technology would be. But, by then I would assume space travel would be perfected, so I don't think Earth's population wouldn't be living on Earth but rather in space. I guess I sorta want to live on a space colony kinda environment.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Knowing what I know of the world in this life, I'd have to say no. Right now the world isn't in great shape but it's manageable. If things keep getting exponentially worse as they are bound to, a million years won't be pretty, if we even still exist at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No I've always been more interested in being born in the past than in the future. I've always wanted to be more connected to the earth and things that truly matter and I feel like as time goes on people have become more disconnected from everything.

I like technology and I obviously use it, but I really feel like after a while it creates kind of a void in everyday life and I wish it wasn't the norm so I could disconnect from all of it.

Back