• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Ash need to go?

What should we do with Ash?

• Keep him the way he is and go on with the series

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Take him out of it

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Keep him in but work on his character

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Murder HIS FACE (same as #2 but with a stronger feeling of hate)

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Really it's too late in the game to get rid of him or totally change his character. He'd have to become a Pokemon master in order to be sent off, but the series likely ends if that happens.

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
    Years
  • Really it's too late in the game to get rid of him or totally change his character. He'd have to become a Pokemon master in order to be sent off, but the series likely ends if that happens.

I get what you mean but maybe their could be a way

I've been hearing people talking about Ash aging even though its a good idea I'm don't think it will happen :(

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • He's been trademarked so he won't go but **** he needs an overhaul. As much depth as the paper he's drawn on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    To be honest though, he is getting more and more irritating especially since the advanced generation.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • To be honest though, he is getting more and more irritating especially since the advanced generation.

Honestly, I think he was worse in Kanto and Johto. I hated his personality. I know that was kinda the point, but I really really hated how he acted by then. I didn't mind at all how he acted in BW. It was a lot better than the way he acted in Kanto/Johto for me.

And then Kalos was probably when he was most badass.

Even Alola Ash doesn't bother me. Especially since he is remembering basically everything from every generation before. Other than how to cook. But that might be because, he has never cooked alone. People complain because he can't do anything himself, but he has always be weak when he is alone as he uses his friends for support, which I think is one of the main points of the series.

I think Ash should stay, but I think they need to actually push here character forward. They have tried to make the anime without Ash with Chronicles, and that did not do well. A lot of people don't like Generations. Origins was probably the best of the non Ash thing.

So what they need to do is move Ash forward and possibly do what they did with Alain in XY or make a new series along side the original that goes with the manga like most animes do.

Years
  • I can see why Ash likely won't leave since he's pretty much the anime poster child.

If I was in charge of the anime, I would have replaced him for Alola because I feel he's downgraded into stupidity again and that made me hate him in Unova, plus having Ash act stupid was so badly received that I don't want to live through it again.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No offense, but he's not going anywhere. Doesn't matter how much you dislike him, Ash is not going to be replaced. Stop trying to press that he could be when it's obvious the writers aren't going to.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    For me, who almost never likes new characters replacing old ones, it's a debatable question as I won't want someone to replace ash but going with him won't do anything good. Same thing will be repeated again and again and he will be oblivious of what happened in past. So I would go for #3

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • Ash is too repetitive, same with the new anime, but it would make much more sense if they keep him for at least another region.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Ash/Satoshi has become Iconic, you see the cap the spiky black hair, and the yellow monster on his shoulder you'll know who that is.

In a way I've always though Ash/Satoshi is akin to Shin-chan, Nobita (From Doreamon), and Conan (Detective Conan). For years these characters haven't changed and yet they're still here showing up in new episodes in their respective shows.

Should he go? for me that's no... For someone who've seen the evolution of the character for years now, I've seen The Noob, The hot head, the Battle maniac, The amnesiac(Unova), The Badass, and recently the boy. I can't imagine the that i'd ever like to see a main line anime series without him.

I'd love to see a Anime Spin-off maybe around 12-24 episodes following a new protag, but for the main line series... the boy from pallet town it is :D

Back