• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    No.
    I quickly judge others by their voices. I'unno, I've been always like that. XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm afraid I do. Personally is expressed through fashion, and how one dresses and portrays themselves.

If I don't approve of or get set off by the way someone looks, it also sets me off to get to know them.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Sometimes. I really try to avoid doing so though, because it makes me feel like I don't make an effort to actually get to know the person.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    its natural to form petty conjectures from a person's appearance and mannerisms, and it's something i tend to do, but mine are hardly negative and i'd never let appearance keep me from getting to know a person.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
    Idk really, sometimes you can tell who a person is by looking at their clothes, the way they act and the language they talk, such as slang etc.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    it's ignorant to pretend assumptions don't arise, consciously or not, when we look at people for the first time...the human mind is structured in such a way to fill in the gaps whenever it comes across an unknown...unfortunately when we don't know someone personally our brains don't have much to go on other than what's directly perceivable, and hence we are vulnerable to drawing judgment on the little bit of scrap info available...it's unavoidable...religion wouldn't exist if the mind didn't try to resolve all the unknowns it comes across...

well...while we may be hopeless to making rash judgement, it's okay...it's natural after all... i reckon the key is not to act on those initial assumptions until further information becomes available...certainly a process we have more control over...most of us anyway

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Always. This is why I suck at making friends. XD

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    I'm afraid I do. Personally is expressed through fashion, and how one dresses and portrays themselves.

If I don't approve of or get set off by the way someone looks, it also sets me off to get to know them.

This is how I judge by appearance. It's usually by the way they dress, not petty (imo) things like "omg you're ugly ):".... lol.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yes I actually tend too but that actually doesn't stop me from being friends with someone. Personality speaks louder than appearance in my opinion. Although I can't help but laugh at ridiculous and hideous apperances xD.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    sometimes... but i'm mostly friendly to everyone.

Years
    I hate to say it, but I do sometimes. I tend to judge people on how they dress, and how they act.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Rarely do I let a person's appearance dictate how I feel about them as a person, even if that's the first time I've seen them/meet them.

While it adds into the information about a person, I don't like to dislike people on looks alone, unless they look, act and dress in a way that I disapprove of. The key here is that their actions are graded the most, looks and dress are low priority usually, unless the look and dress supports their actions. (When I say look, I'm referring to body language and other non-verbal cues)

I've been known to silently observe a person until I'm sure they're a good person, and then introduce myself to them. I do this a lot online and offline, and usually someone has to put in a good word for you, or I have to catch ya red handed in being a good person. xD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'll make little assumptions in my head (especially if everything about them in that regard screams a stereotype), 'cause well, I'm human, but that doesn't mean I don't give them the benefit of the doubt or a chance to prove me wrong with their actions.

I'm much more quick to judge people on a first impression by their behavior than just by what they look like, 'cause the latter doesn't necessarily say much about what type of person they are.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I try not to. I differ from my friends on how I treat people. I'm less quick to make an assumption about someone.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Of course, everyone is, regardless of what they say! But that doesn't mean your impression and thoughts about someone don't change! First impression isn't really such a big thing, cause after all if you spend some time you get a grasp of their real personality, and that new impression replaces the old one!

Trainer Rye

Demon Hunter
    Years
    sometimes...... i mean if all they talk about is darkness, they wear black, and are odd, there 100% Goth or Imo. i call em what i see. BTW books have covers so you can judge them duh! LOL

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    sometimes...... i mean if all they do is judge others, think colours reflect personality and call people that are different odd, they're 100% ridiculous, imo. i call em what i see. BTW book covers hardly ever portray the actual contents of the book, unless it clearly shows it's full of negativity against others! LOL

Back