• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I just think you're being mean. but it's fine. I'll take my work elsewhere. Bye

I'm the fucking QC of this thread. It's literally my job to accept or reject sprites and make sure that the sprites are consistent and of high-quality. If you think that's mean, then PLEASE feel free to leave so that I don't have to deal with people acting like you are right now. It'll make my life a billion times easier.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
These are the recoloured sprites so far i didn't like the old palette of vulpix so i just lighted up mine i personally don't care if it gets rejected oh and i didn't doo ribombee or alolan raichu yet cause i dont feel like it yet{XD}
<snip>

Honestly goran, these are far better quality than the ones in the OP, and I'd definitely use these edits over their predecessors. They look far more polished and consistently shaded with the official GBA games, and you shouldn't let this get you down.

Seriously Trev, just because you're QC doesn't mean that your view is the only one that's acceptable, regardless the way you've been going about saying your point has been pretty childish. But hey, it's your thread so whatever.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Honestly goran, these are far better quality than the ones in the OP, and I'd definitely use these edits over their predecessors. They look far more polished and consistently shaded with the official GBA games, and you shouldn't let this get you down.

Seriously Trev, just because you're QC doesn't mean that your view is the only one that's acceptable, regardless the way you've been going about saying your point has been pretty childish. But hey, it's your thread so whatever.

Uh, being QC means that my point is the only one that matters. If I had let any other person's opinion determine what sprites should go in the OP, the sprites there would be far, far worse. Please, go through the rest of the thread and see what I had to weed out just to get the sprites to where they are now. Then you might understand why I'm not letting anyone else besides darkdragon have a say in what sprites we use.

What's childish is that I have to continue to remind everyone why I'm even here and why I'm the one saying what sprites we use. I figured by this point that it'd be fairly obvious. I'm sorry that you don't like that I'm the one making the decisions, but frankly, that is not something that I have any reason to care about.

If you (you now referring to anyone reading this) want to submit sprites, you are more than welcome to, and I appreciate every submission, but just submitting sprites doesn't mean they get accepted. I want to make sure our sprites match the other 64x64 resources in quality and style. If you get this pissy over your sprites being rejected, that's not something that I want to/should have to deal with and honestly, you should really re-assess yourself. If I give X criticism, I am not saying your sprites are shit (unless my exact criticism is "your sprites are shit," which I didn't say in this case) - I am simply saying that, for this reason, we aren't accepting the sprites. Criticism is to help improve. The darkened palettes in question do not match the style of the other 64x64 resources (which is what our style is intended to match), and also, there were several unauthorized non-palette sprite changes to a lot of sprites that I definitely did not approve. That's what I said. How someone reacts to that criticism is out of my control.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Although I agree that Trev is being a little bit harsh/ aggressive on the matter, it's no big deal if your sprite gets accepted or not so there's no need to take it the bad way, since somebody might use your sprites over the one on the OP, so don't get discouraged and keep the sprites coming because some of the sprites in the OP were once unaccepted sprites from somone which were then made more polished by another.

Just because a sprite isn't in the OP doesn't automatically mean that you shouldn't use it, it's all personal preference so don't feel bad about it and respect the QC's opinion and criticism.

Years
It's up to the rest of you if you wish to participate in this resource, but Trev is managing quality control, and he does get the final say on things. You're free to ask him personally why he doesn't agree with your own thoughts about what is or is not acceptable for quality in PMs or VMs, but in terms of this thread do not let your debates halt work being discussed. Someone has to be in charge and have the final say, and that is Trev from my knowledge. If you can not agree with that, you should not participate in this resource.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
Who has Pokemon XY, Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Moon's female character resource? 64 x 64 please.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Oh no, what happened here... I'm very sorry for that... If you have problems, please PM me, Trev (for in-battle sprites) or MBCMechachu (for icons)...

Trev is just doing his task here... Also, please don't request about sprites from the upcoming games... We won't be featuring them until the data mine or the game has been released... Compiled sprites won't be available until all sprites are filled (and will be constantly updated)...

Here are some updated sprites now posted in the OP:
Y71SHL1.png
(Elazulmax, thedarkdragon11, PandiRocks@17, HeXeR, capylus, goranthegreat)
Ssq7wxk.png
GeWt6ii.png
7Sv29t5.png
(JaegerLucciano23, PandiRocks@17, HeXeR, capylus, goranthegreat)
tKSKRgT.png
(Wobblewuns, Versekr Dark, goranthegreat, haimon_99, OtaKun, incufan120, Trev)
EJ6IkGu.png
(fishbowlsoul90, thedarkdragon11, haimon_99, goranthegreat)
kS6CDIL.png
(MBCMechachu, HeXeR, Bulbadon, haimon_99, goranthegreat)
ixb9q5U.png
(JaegerLuciano23, haimon_99, incufan120, goranthegreat)
LwxpTnf.png
(PandiRocks@17, haimon_99, aXl, goranthegreat)
BmkOkXl.png
(fishbowlsoul90, goranthegreat, HeXeR)

Next update will have some of the submitted icons and hopefully the Kartana in-battle sprite...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
This is a totally irrelevant question but since I came up with this while viewing the new update, is it just me or anyone else finds it weird that Oricoro's backsprite is way bigger than Rockruff? I mean, I know most Pokemon uses this "above normal" ideology of sizes on Pokemon backsprites but whatever. Hahaha. This is especially bothering when you see your trainer backsprite and see a Joltik (a very very very small Pokemon) almost compare to you in width.

But anyways, I suggest making Oricoro's backsprite smaller. Just a suggestion though. I'd try to make one but I currently don't have access to my computer. :/

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
This is a totally irrelevant question but since I came up with this while viewing the new update, is it just me or anyone else finds it weird that Oricoro's backsprite is way bigger than Rockruff? I mean, I know most Pokemon uses this "above normal" ideology of sizes on Pokemon backsprites but whatever. Hahaha. This is especially bothering when you see your trainer backsprite and see a Joltik (a very very very small Pokemon) almost compare to you in width.

But anyways, I suggest making Oricoro's backsprite smaller. Just a suggestion though. I'd try to make one but I currently don't have access to my computer. :/

There was something about that sprite bothering me and I couldn't put my finger on it. This is what it is. It should definitely be smaller. Oricoro isn't a huge bird.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years

Noted... Thanks!

EndercreeperMugen

First-time ROM hacker
Years
Hi, I've followed this thread for a while now since I'm using the sprites in both of my upcoming ROM hacks. But, I've also made a few of my own sprites, mainly icons, and felt it'd be best to submit them here (or at least ones for Pokémon without icons). I mean, it'd be selfish to keep them to myself, and regardless, they'd get ripped from my hacks one way or another.

Alola Exeggutor
0SCT83L.png

Solgaleo
5PELdlI.png

Both have GBA palettes. If they cannot be accepted for any reason, please let me know so I can try and fix-up the sprites, or so others can make their own edits :)

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Hi, I've followed this thread for a while now since I'm using the sprites in both of my upcoming ROM hacks. But, I've also made a few of my own sprites, mainly icons, and felt it'd be best to submit them here (or at least ones for Pok?mon without icons). I mean, it'd be selfish to keep them to myself, and regardless, they'd get ripped from my hacks one way or another.

Alola Exeggutor
0SCT83L.png

Solgaleo
5PELdlI.png

Both have GBA palettes. If they cannot be accepted for any reason, please let me know so I can try and fix-up the sprites, or so others can make their own edits :)

Solgaleo is definitely accepted... MBCMechachu, what do you think about the Alolan Exeggutor?

DpdYN3Q.png

Tried my hand at redoing the Guzzlord sprite I did earlier.

I'm sorry but the frames are not properly aligned...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Shoot, that's my bad. This should be better aligned as it works perfectly for me ingame:
vtzG1jz.png

Thanks! I would like to hear MBCMechachu's opinion first since this icon is reposed...

can anyone send me all the sprites done till now as a zip????
please

Sorry, no .zip files yet and I'm not sure if someone can provide an unofficial one...

Back