• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • These sprites are too great!
    Love them :)

I'm glad that you love them... In behalf of the artists, thanks! :)

Dragon type Pokémon with an unusual name...

Is Jangmo-o!

DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

Frontsprite by Luigi-player

I corrected some things on Type: Null

Nice! We'll use both! Though I reduced some colors for Type: Null because it exceeded 16 colors...

not really a fan of the current sandygast and palossand sprites so i took a swing at 'em

both are made by me

Kevin RDS (main contributor of the featured sprite of both species) liked this and QC'd your work, so we'll also use them (minus custom shinies)...

Woah, your sprites are amazing, only let me fix a little your Palossand.

Thanks for the QC!

Leparagon (Smogon)

Thanks for the credit!

Nice! We'll use the sprites!

New sprites in the OP:
    (Z-nogyroP)
    (Z-nogyroP; front sprite QC by Kevin RDS)
    (front sprite by Noscium; back sprite by HeXeR; front sprite QC by Bulbadon and HeXeR)
    (Kevin RDS)
    (front sprite by Luigi-player; Kevin RDS)

Recap: Aside from the unrevealed species and form/es, "Water Starter Final Evolution"/"Entermaid" and Alolan Raticate are the only ones without featured sprites for the Gen. 7 debuts... Though "Entermaid" already has a front sprite and then a back sprite yet to be fixed... Alolan Raticate also has a front sprite...

xiechayghe

Jacks
    Years
  • Alolan Rattata (Front Leparagon, back me and Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource)

Alolan Raticate (Front Leparagon, back me and Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource)

Jangmo-o (Front Leparagon)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2022
    I like the Frontsprite but...
    Jangmo-o = 0.6 m...
    I think Leparagon's Frontsprite of Jangmo-o is too big to represent this high in GBA.

EDIT: I liked the yellow colors of Leparagon's Jangmo-o, and I corrected the current sprites of Jangmo-o.

Last edited:

boriblood89

ContraKrew Clan Commander
    Years
  • I noticed that xiechayghe only color-shifted a raticate sprite for alola raticate.

its cheeks should look a little more puffy and the like.

the only difference between this sprite and the raticate sprite is the color and one of those face whisker/tentacle things.

another one should be added towards the bottom of the face. and thanks to the angle, it would be impossible to see alola raticate's teeth.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Just in case, Xiechayghe Alolan Raticate's backsprite certainly looks pretty much like a slightly modified Raticate's backsprite from ChaosRush's collection, just as boriblood69 mentioned.
    Check by yourself if needed, thedarkdragon11.

xiechayghe

Jacks
    Years
  • I noticed that xiechayghe only color-shifted a raticate sprite for alola raticate.

the only difference between this sprite and the raticate sprite is the color and one of those face whisker/tentacle things.

another one should be added towards the bottom of the face. and thanks to the angle, it would be impossible to see alola raticate's teeth.

Just in case, Xiechayghe Alolan Raticate's backsprite certainly looks pretty much like a slightly modified Raticate's backsprite from ChaosRush's collection, just as boriblood69 mentioned.

No, I'm find it in Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Actually Its a huge thanks to all the creators of these awesome sprites and every other single sprites
    who are actually helping the Rom hackers like us :D
    Totally appreciate your hard work ^^

Thanks! I'll redirect that to the spriters/artists... :D

Alolan Rattata (Front Leparagon, back me and Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource)

Alolan Raticate (Front Leparagon, back me and Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource)

For Jangmo-o and Alolan Raticate, read others' comments... For Alolan Rattata, that's up to the members should they find that better to use, but personally, I'm fine with the presently featured one...

umm... here's a Turtonator sprite by fishbowlsoul90, resized by me :P
    i hope it helps this thread :D

Hmm, sorry... It looks small because of the pose in comparison with its actual size...

I like the Frontsprite but...
    Jangmo-o = 0.6 m...
    I think Leparagon's Frontsprite of Jangmo-o is too big to represent this high in GBA.

EDIT: I liked the yellow colors of Leparagon's Jangmo-o, and I corrected the current sprites of Jangmo-o.

Noted! And thanks for the update! We'll use that...

I noticed that xiechayghe only color-shifted a raticate sprite for alola raticate.

Noted!

Just in case, Xiechayghe Alolan Raticate's backsprite certainly looks pretty much like a slightly modified Raticate's backsprite from ChaosRush's collection, just as boriblood69 mentioned.

Noted!

No, I'm find it in Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

That's it... The sprites from Chaos Rush's and MrDollSteak's are almost similar...

Now posted in the OP:

Last edited:

xiechayghe

Jacks
    Years
  • 9/14/2016
    UB-02 is a Pokemon
    ==> UB-01 is a Pokemon, too.
    In Pokemon Sun: UB-02 Absorption
    In Pokemon Moon: UB-02 Beauty

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • 9/14/2016
    UB-02 is a Pokemon
    ==> UB-01 is a Pokemon, too.
    In Pokemon Sun: UB-02 Absorption
    In Pokemon Moon: UB-02 Beauty

Ultra Beasts are not Pokémon... I think they should be done in a separate thread...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Ultra Beasts are not Pokémon... I think they should be done in a separate thread...

They're directly related to the Pokemon Franchise and the 7th Generation so I personally don't see any reason not to include them here. We also don't know yet the amount of them that'll come in S/M, it be could 20, 30 or actually less than 10.

In my honest opinion as an user and one of this thread's follower, I think they should be done over here to avoid creating unnecesary threads, that's what makes most sense to me.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • They're directly related to the Pokemon Franchise and the 7th Generation so I personally don't see any reason not to include them here. We also don't know yet the amount of them that'll come in S/M, it be could 20, 30 or actually less than 10.

In my honest opinion as an user and one of this thread's follower, I think they should be done over here to avoid creating unnecesary threads, that's what makes most sense to me.

That would be tantamount to including Pokéstar studios species in the Gen. 5 resource thread which isn't the case...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • That would be tantamount to including Pokéstar studios species in the Gen. 5 resource thread which isn't the case...

Those aren't directly related to their generation but to a totally optional content of B/W/B2/W2 while Ultra Beasts could easily be considered as important as the Legendary Pokemons tho.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Those aren't directly related to their generation but to a totally optional content of B/W/B2/W2 while Ultra Beasts could easily be considered as important as the Legendary Pokemons tho.

I see it that way though... :)

Don't worry, I might consider including them should they be usable... Or, like it or not, I'll make a separate thread for them in the future (which I think is a better option)...

Years
    • Seen today
    They're directly related to the Pokemon Franchise and the 7th Generation so I personally don't see any reason not to include them here. We also don't know yet the amount of them that'll come in S/M, it be could 20, 30 or actually less than 10.

In my honest opinion as an user and one of this thread's followers, I think they should be done over here to avoid creating unnecessary threads, that's what makes most sense to me.
    Actually I've suggested a thread that could be made for them to be put in a while back. I referred it to something I would like to call the "non-mon". Entities within the franchise that appear in the gameplay, anime or any other form of media but aren't actually playable. This would include stuff like the Pokestar Studios props, Dark Rust from Rumble Blast, Bittercold & Darkmatter from Mystery Dungeon, the Crystal Onix (To certain extents), Ashachu, Golden Diglett from Stadium, & Robo-Kyogre & Robo-Groudon in XD.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Actually I've suggested a thread that could be made for them to be put in a while back. I referred it to something I would like to call the "non-mon". Entities within the franchise that appear in the gameplay, anime or any other form of media but aren't actually playable. This would include stuff like the Pokestar Studios props, Dark Rust from Rumble Blast, Bittercold & Darkmatter from Mystery Dungeon, the Crystal Onix (To certain extents), Ashachu, Golden Diglett from Stadium, & Robo-Kyogre & Robo-Groudon in XD.

Speaking of which, Moderator Fairy already granted me a permission to create a thread for the said entities... I will be starting the thread anytime this weekend...

EDIT: Here's the thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378396

Real Pokémon forms found in the anime won't be featured... So as the Robos because they are considered as trainers (they have their own Pokémon party)...

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Btw, there doesn't seems to be any Mega Medicham in the main post and I've just found this one while browsing through DeviantArt, it was made by Bioseth and it's for free use.

I wanted to drop it here in case is good enough to be in the main post, at the very least as a placeholder.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Btw, there doesn't seems to be any Mega Medicham in the main post and I've just found this one while browsing through DeviantArt, it was made by Bioseth and it's for free use.

I wanted to drop it here in case is good enough to be in the main post, at the very least as a placeholder.

Thanks for that! I already have a front sprite to be used as a placeholder, there's also a back sprite WIP...

Last edited:
    Back