• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Eelektross] versus Klinklang

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [Eelektross] versus Klinklang

Kaori's reallyyy busy so she asked me to take over this one!

Last edited:

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to say Eelektross on this one. I've tried using Klinklang and it just flopped. Eelektross, however, is quite a powerful Pokemon when used correctly.

Years
  • Went with Eelektross here, has good stats all around except for Speed plus it has good mixed movepool not to mention Levitate granting it no weaknesses.

Klinklang's design was alright but the movepool was lacking.

So that's why I picked the eel over the gear.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I had a big U-Turn on Eelektross. At first, I really disliked it: everything from its design to its slow speed to its inability to learn Thunderbolt via levelling up (I know, I know, I'm petty!) but after using one on my team, I promptly revised my opinion. I mean, look at that movepool! And no weaknesses! So it looks a lil' fugly and moves a lil' slowly, but it's still a cool critter regardless. It would probably still get my vote in any event, as I have no real opinion on Klinklang one way or the other...

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Eelektross! It has the awesome Levitate ability, which can only be countered by Mold Breaker. Without Mold Breaker on the opposing Pokemon, Eelektross would have no weakness. It also has access to Dragon Tail to force out switches. With Coil, it can be a bulky killer.

Klinklang has... crappy movepool. D: Aside from Gear Grind and Shift Gear, it has nothing else.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • While Klinklang has 2 good signature moves, its movepool is very shallow. While Eelektross is slow for an Electric Pokemon, it has Levitate to negate its Ground weakness, good offenses and a wide movepool. So I'm going with Eelektross. Floating electric lamphreys are cool too.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    While Tynamo was a pain to catch and train, Eelektross wins this for me with it's effective lack of a weakness and its diverse movepool. In addition, while I liked Klinklang's design idea, I find the execution to be 'meh' overall.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Only one who voted Klinklang so far

Both are good Pokémon IMO, Klinklang I've never used but I prefer it's name, design and stats.. it's base stat total is only five higher than Eelektross and it's movepool is poor for me it just has something that I like about it more. Even though the thing I like about Eelektross is it's great movepool and no weaknesses I'm still voting for Klinklang

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Eelektross is such a bro. Klinklang is amazing and adorable, too, but Eelektross is my homie. Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Wild Charge, Thunderbolt, FLAMETHROWER, HIDDEN POWER, GRASS KNOT; yeah, this dude is a bro.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Klinklang! I use Eelektross in my main online team and, despite being a great fighter, it's really not an interesting Pokemon to use and I don't like its appearance/design at all. Klinklang however is very well designed and looks wonderful, plus with some very interesting and unique moves it's a very challenging Pokemon to train, and for me this makes it an interesting Pokemon to use. So yeah, Klinky wins!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • My vote had to go to Eelektross. Klinklang was a cool Pokémon to me but nothing more. Its awful movepool also lets it down heaps. Eelektross has a design that has grown on me and throughout the start of Pokémon Black and White, was a Pokémon I used a lot in the Battle Subway with pretty good success. Also having no weaknesses under normal conditions is awesome, not to mention its movepool.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Eelektross. I never had used any of the two, but judging from the looks (and the name) I would be going for the eel.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Klinklang! I use Eelektross in my main online team and, despite being a great fighter, it's really not an interesting Pokemon to use and I don't like its appearance/design at all. Klinklang however is very well designed and looks wonderful, plus with some very interesting and unique moves it's a very challenging Pokemon to train, and for me this makes it an interesting Pokemon to use. So yeah, Klinky wins!

All that Haruhi has gone to your head imo! But yes, Klinklang loses for me, primarily because it's fighting/fire weak - aka my two favourite types. As for Eelektross, despite me originally mis-spelling it in the first image... well, I used it in a team once and despite using it incorrectly I still liked it and thus my vote goes to it today. Klinklang does get extra points due to having an attack of which was someone's nick for a short time on IRC loool.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Eelektross, hands down. I used it in my team, and it's pretty tough. And, we have a beautiful evolution line. We can't say that at all concerning Klinklang... And after all we already have Magneton and the others... So it's one of the useless 5G Pokémons.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    Elektross! Klinklang's annoying to battle on the Battle Subway, but Elektross can use better moves, in my opinion.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Eelektross is really interesting. An eel/lamprey pokemon just screams creative. I am not sure if I agree with the reasoning why it is immune to ground attacks, but it does make him an asset in battle with 0 weaknesses.

Kingklang is a bit too material based for my liking, and is kinda useless in battle.

Back