• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread

Years
  • Just so you know, I have updated the first page with the streaming Microsoft link and also, embedded the Nintendo pre-show for you to all watch again.

Just over 8 hours till Microsoft kick us off for one hell of a day!​

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They were already sorta moving away from the friend code deal by having the 3DS use one FC for all the games on it rather than a FC per game.

Haven't yet seen the presentation but from what I gather it's more a part-business-promo thing more than talking about actual games so there'll hopefully be a lot more to come that'll interest us from Nintendo. Undecided yet on the Wii U (plenty of time yet anyways!) although Pikmin 3 is always a nice plus.

Years
  • All I am looking forwards too is Capcom for a 25th Megaman related thing,Square for final Fantasy Type-0 and maybe a hint about FFV and the Nintendo show. Maybe the sony show since PS3 still has life but I'll skip Microsoft since after 4 exploded 360s in less then 3 month there dead to me. Not saying I hate the 360 sicne I enjoyed the Naruto games for it but I hate the fanbase a lot due to some issues with people online I have had in the day. I'm sure there some nice users but to many I dealt with are little kids swearing and men making sexist jokes.

Its on since playing GTA IV on PS3 is so much nicer. They are so much more polite when trying to kill you.

Also disliked the paying for XBL but hopefully E3 will make everyone happy in a special way.

Cid

Years
  • Apart from suddenly announcing an English release for Type-0, I honestly don't expect anything from Square-Enix nor Capcom. I used to think they'd eventually reveal that they've been such a slump in recent years because they've each been working on an astonishing top-secret game of sorts. But yeah, that's not true. I won't mind if nothing arises, but it would be refreshing to at least have a new Megaman-related game and Versus XIII (or XV whatever you wanna call it).

The Miiverse thing looks promising, as corny as the promo of it was. :P

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I will miss the Microsoft one which is going to be a disappointment. I hate missing the E3 conferences so I will have to catch a repeat. So far nothing has stood out for me. Was never really interested in the WiiU and nothing has changed.

Sony is another one I want to see as I bought the vita and I completely love it so I am hoping for a few announcements in terms of games for that, mainly monster hunter or phantasy star

NatureKeeper

Dear God, THE WIIU IS AMAZING. I especially like Miiverse except for the pun and Nintendo Network. But, it would be better if we can use the WiiU account on the 3DS and have all the registered systems on one account (so friend lists could be shared between systems and so on). Plus, with Circle Pad Pro, the 3DS could qualify as a WiiU controller. Would be neat to have the two-screen functionality without the TV, especially with the top screen in 3D. I also loved the Mii Wara Wara, not fond of the name, of course, the design is very good, but I hope the flooding spam comments are optional.

That analog stick placement looks pretty ass, not gonna lie. It'll only be good for shooters, considering just about every other genre uses the face buttons.

Huh? Actually the analog stick placement looks fine. When playing the 3DS, I was a bit disgruntled about the weird placement, but in the end I adapted to it and rarely ever touch the D-pad (unless in Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Analog is unusable more or less). Besides, I think the WiiU Game Pad's going to be my choice for shooters. You can actually use it to walk around and get to your enemies by pointing, or use it at the TV with the analog sticks and use the system to point (as seen in the sample shooter Mii game in E3 2011). The WiiU Controller Pro will be my choice for more casual games, most likely Mario Kart ( I am now Wii Wheel disabled due to overdose of Mario Kart 7 xD).

The rest of E3

Well, Capcom mainly. I got my eyes on Gyakuten Kenji 2 localization (as you can see clearly in my signature), so, while very improbable, this is the only thing I might be interested in. And Pokémon B2/W2 announcements, although I am not very hyped, seeing that Game Freak still doesn't understand that the 3DS is clearly lacking in Pokémon games (Rumble Blast became more or less boring after finishing it) native to it's resolution or superior graphics.

Can't wait for E3.

Years
  • Well, I am sat down and ready. Got food, nibbles and booze to watch E3.

I am going to be writing up reports on each conference for people who miss out.​

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm really only interested in the Nintendo conference, but I'd still like to see what big things Microsoft will have for us, and more especially if Black Ops 2 will be as good as people have been saying it is.

By the way, anyone know what sort time the Nintendo conference is for other time zones? I just wanna know how late I have to stay up since last time I had to stay up until 4am to get it all.

Years
  • Microsoft conference 90% Kinect 10% Halo 4.

All kidding aside maybe they will show MGS Rising and Tony Hawk HD.

Is it me or is Sony really late this year? Wasn't it 6pm EST in the past

Waittt didn't Fable come out a few years ago? So confused

Last edited:
    Years

• You're talking about the 3DS that sold faster and more than the DS did in the same time span, right? And in a worse economic climate to boot? If it sells that well, I'd be amazed.

I'm sure there were reports of poor sales at the beginning of the console's life due to a lack of launch games, but I could always be wrong.

Either way, my point is I don't expect this to sell too well.

I can't get the microsoft stream to work, but I doubt I'll miss too much.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm sure there were reports of poor sales at the beginning of the console's life due to a lack of launch games, but I could always be wrong.

The 3DS indeed had a slump that was rectified by that global price cut. That, along with tons of now-released games, well, sent it to heaven, indeed.

I'll be reading the transcript tomorrow. Bet there'll be a lot of transcripts on gaming sites.

Years
  • I'm sure there were reports of poor sales at the beginning of the console's life due to a lack of launch games, but I could always be wrong.

Unless you like Halo or Gears you missed nothing. It was pretty much that and the rest all Kinect stuff.

Years
  • I wasn't sure what I expected from the Microsoft show, but nothing really stood out for me.

I am sure Xbox fans will have enjoyed it, but from someone who doesn't own one, in my eyes, no real reason to jump out and buy one.​

Years
  • I was sad how they didn't really go into ANY detail about Resident Evil 6. :(
    But I am sure it will be discussed later in the other shows! :)​

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm watching the EA presentation right now. Nothing is speaking to me. I liked the look of Sim City though, for PC.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I have yet to see any of the conferences. ): I'll probably watch a recording or something because unfortunately the time zones clash for me.

I'm pretty much looking forward to what David Cage will do with Beyond, the successor to Heavy Rain. I liked Heavy Rain, it was a pretty decent game, I hope he fixes up all the issues and releases a better game :D

Back