• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
  • ---------------------------
    Fission PreAlpha
    ---------------------------
    Exception: NameError

Message: uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Scene::NextGenDataBox

EliteBattle_Scene:110:in `pbLoadUIElements'
    EliteBattle_Scene:279:in `pbStartBattle'
    EliteBattle_Battle:131:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2460:in `pbStartBattle'

PField_Field:902:in `pbWildBattle_old'
    PField_Field:901:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PField_Field:903:in `pbWildBattle_old'
    PField_Field:900:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PField_Field:900:in `pbWildBattle_old'
    EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:173:in `pbWildBattle'

---
    It also doesn't work for trainer battles. The only think I have changed in the PBs Pokemon file is that I added two new types (Fairy and Radioactive) and added gen 6 mons. Is it crashing because I haven't updated the the little graphics?

The animation works and the music plays but the error appears and it crashes the game.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Hello,

I apologize if this was asked already and I'll take the heat for it if it was. I searched the thread for keywords of my issue and never found anything. I am using the latest version of essentials and EBS.

So here's my issue. When I use the Bag function, the medicine option is the only one that is correct. Berries take me to my Key Items pocket, it says there's no usable items in the PokeBall pocket (when I have PokeBalls), and the error in the spoiler shows up when I use the Battle Items button.

Spoiler:

I am using shiney570's BW2 Bag script, which could be a factor, however I deleted the EBS scripts and used Essential's default battle system and the bag function worked perfectly which led me to believe that the problem is in the EBS. I also removed the bag script and used EBS with the default bag script and I still had the same issues.

Any guidance is appreciated. If this is a stupid question, I apologize.

Years
  • Hello,

I apologize if this was asked already and I'll take the heat for it if it was. I searched the thread for keywords of my issue and never found anything. I am using the latest version of essentials and EBS.

So here's my issue. When I use the Bag function, the medicine option is the only one that is correct. Berries take me to my Key Items pocket, it says there's no usable items in the PokeBall pocket (when I have PokeBalls), and the error in the spoiler shows up when I use the Battle Items button.

Spoiler:

I am using shiney570's BW2 Bag script, which could be a factor, however I deleted the EBS scripts and used Essential's default battle system and the bag function worked perfectly which led me to believe that the problem is in the EBS. I also removed the bag script and used EBS with the default bag script and I still had the same issues.

Any guidance is appreciated. If this is a stupid question, I apologize.

Reinstall Pokémon Essentials along with the latest version of EBS. If you've done any edits to the scripts, then back those up (in notepad, etc.) and then back track from there. It'll make your life much easier.

JokerBen

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Reinstall Pokémon Essentials along with the latest version of EBS. If you've done any edits to the scripts, then back those up (in notepad, etc.) and then back track from there. It'll make your life much easier.
    Before I say anything else, the only stock scripts I had edited before-hand were the PokeGear and the PokeDex. I feel like they wouldn't have anything to do with my issue. Other than those two, I reinstalled everything, then added all my maps and events back. I'm still encountering the issue.

Years
  • Before I say anything else, the only stock scripts I had edited before-hand were the PokeGear and the PokeDex. I feel like they wouldn't have anything to do with my issue. Other than those two, I reinstalled everything, then added all my maps and events back. I'm still encountering the issue.

Ah, I see. From the looks of the error you provided, it seems that BW2 bag script is what may be causing the issue. See if you can temporarily replace the BW bag script section with the original one provided by Pokémon Essentials, then test it out. It's possible the two addons aren't compatible.

JokerBen

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Ah, I see. From the looks of the error you provided, it seems that BW2 bag script is what may be causing the issue. See if you can temporarily replace the BW bag script section with the original one provided by Pokémon Essentials, then test it out. It's possible the two addons aren't compatible.
    I deleted the bag script and encountered this error when using the "Test Wild Battle" function:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: The Wild Battles work now (not sure how). With the bag script gone, I continue to get the same error in my original post.

EDIT #2: The EBS is now the only "foreign" script there and I'm still encountering the same issue.

EDIT #3: I have solved my issue. Thanks for trying to help :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2020
    Mistake using project 6th gen and EBS

First to all, hello! This is my first post here hehe. I'm developing (or triying it) a game with Essentials, using the 6th gen project pack and EBS. When I use some pokemon in particular to battle (like Zygarde for example) the game crashes and shows an error message.
    The message is:
    Spoiler:

How can I solve that? And, other question is, how can I change de position of some back sprites?
    Thanks guys.

EDIT: I noticed that the error message comes out when an abbility is activated. I still haven't found the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I had no trouble installing them in my games. Do you not have Aura Break on your abilities folder?

The positioning for the sprites both from and back are in the pokemon pbs files. The EBS already comes with the updated sprite positions for their sprites. If you have downloaded the 3-d sprites for the ebs (I think with the gen 6 f) you'll have to position the gen 6 spirtes yourself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2020
    Yeah I have it (the Aura Break ability on the ability .txt file), I don't know what is the problem. In wich part can I position the 3d sprites by myself?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2020
    Well, I just downloaded the folder with the essentials including the 6th gen project from a topic here in the community and then downloaded the EBS pack from Luka's post to copy and replace the necessary files and scripts and compile the with Editor. I forgot to do something?

Hi guys, I have a problem with the Abbility message when an abbility is activated. The the error message is:
    Spoiler:

How I can solve that? I'm using this EBS from Luka, I only downloaded the essentials with 6th gen project and then downloaded this battle system following the steps to plug n'play that Luka describes.

Years
  • You have to put in each script in the exact order in addition to downloading the graphics files, else it won't compile correctly. I've had that happen after installing it.

EBS is said not to be optimized for gen 6 mechanics, but Aura Break should work.

Years
  • Gen 6 Project is out of date, aside from the ability messages everything is now included in V16. Current Gen 6 Project is just PBS files

Years
  • Hi guys, I have a problem with the Abbility message when an abbility is activated. The the error message is:
    Spoiler:

How I can solve that? I'm using this EBS from Luka, I only downloaded the essentials with 6th gen project and then downloaded this battle system following the steps to plug n'play that Luka describes.

Did you make:
    essentials + EBS + Gen 6 project?
    or gen 6 and then EBS?
    There is some files that overwrites in between them. If you did the first method try the second.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Did you make:
    essentials + EBS + Gen 6 project?
    or gen 6 and then EBS?
    There is some files that overwrites in between them. If you did the first method try the second.
    Whenever you guys think you're helpful in these weird improvised theoretical solutions, just know that you're not. One look at the changelog lets you know that. Nobody seems to be bothered with it though ... which is why I rarely bother to post around here.
    EDIT #3: I have solved my issue. Thanks for trying to help :)
    I don't know what you used to fix the issue, but I've added a silent update to the UI that rectifies the flawed method of rendering items from the bag. Any changes to the way pockets are handled would make the bag UI fail. Now it doesn't anymore. The official release for this fix is in 4.3, but I've added it without mentioning it now anyway. Just wanted to let you know.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Small request, I know this is a 5th gen battle system but would it be possible to get follower Pokemon support so that when the following Pokemon is sent out during battle, it isn't sent out of its Poke Ball but slides into the battle. It was this way in HGSS.

JokerBen

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Whenever you guys think you're helpful in these weird improvised theoretical solutions, just know that you're not. One look at the changelog lets you know that. Nobody seems to be bothered with it though ... which is why I rarely bother to post around here.

I don't know what you used to fix the issue, but I've added a silent update to the UI that rectifies the flawed method of rendering items from the bag. Any changes to the way pockets are handled would make the bag UI fail. Now it doesn't anymore. The official release for this fix is in 4.3, but I've added it without mentioning it now anyway. Just wanted to let you know.
    The thing I used to fix my issue was just to drop the bag script (lol). But I suppose I can add it back now since you fixed it. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    elite_battle_error_by_matwert-daiq6eo.png

Help-me man,when a battle this error appears

Ps:it's not the Klein's bw starter pack

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I have a problem and could not find a solution, I perform the Mega Evolution in a battle after battle, the Pokémon not back to normal.
    I also have a bug where even though I set to an NPC coach hold a Mega Evolution, he not make it during the battle, it only happens with some specific Pokémon and this case is the Glalie.
    ------------------------------------------
    Edit:

No more help, I fix this error thanks to a post here in this topic.

Last edited:
    Back