• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2016
    can anyone help me with this
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `readDirectoryFiles' for #<PokemonLoad:0x8b23a20 @scene=#<PokemonLoadScene:0x8b24578>>

eb battle:730:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Main:6:in `main'

Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:27:in `mainFunction'

Main:27:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:27:in `mainFunction'

Main:59

Main:58:in `loop'

Main:67

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Danny Ho\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials Gen 6/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

this occured when i start to playtest my game in pkmn essentials gen 6

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
    Years
  • i also found out that hall of fame and trainer card's trainer sprite is a whole sheet rather than a animated/static sprite and also after that sun&moon style pre-battle animation it only shows the last frame of opposing trainer.

Years
  • With me is giving an error when I try to open the positioner or when I enter battle in the game, says that it is missing the sprite of the pokémon, I do not understand what the reason for this error, I need help.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2023
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Battlers/substitute_back
    BitmapCache:394:in `load_bitmap'
    EliteBattle BitmapWrapper:52:in `initialize'
    Elite Battle Sprites:51:in `new'
    Elite Battle Sprites:51:in `initialize'
    EliteBattle Scene:269:in `new'
    EliteBattle Scene:269:in `pbStartBattle'
    EliteBattle Battle:144:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2395:in `pbStartBattle'
    PField_Field:905:in `pbWildBattle_ebs'
    PField_Field:904:in `pbSceneStandby'

Can you help me please D:
    I installed everything in the right way and now this is Happening everytime i would like to start a battle...
    Great Job btw~

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Is it possible to change the BACKGROUNDSCALAR value with a switch (or any other value that can be changed mid-game)? I'd like to show a different zoom level for each battle.

Is there any way to show the def showabilitymessage on command? I tried using @scene.showabilitycommand(battler,hide) but I must be doing something wrong.
    For 1.) You'd have to go into the class AnimatedBattleBackground and replace the BACKGROUNDSCALAR variable with something you can change on the fly.

For 2.) The def is called showAbilityMessage. You'll have to pass a valid battler (of type PokeBattle_Battlers) into it.

Can you do the sprites of this style only with the pokes of the 6 gen?
    Never.

Is it possible to set the sun/moon entry animation also for the WildBattle?
    Not by default. You'd have to look into the def vsSequenceSM_start and change things around to pass the parameters for the wild species you're battling. Nice thing is, EBS caches the current species you're battling in $wildSpecies.

Hi! I have a problem. When im battling against an important trainer like a gym leader, he appears when he has just 1 pokemon to say something. Well, when he appears, the ps bar fades out so we can see the trainer, but when the trainer leaves the ps bar does not return. Why? How can I fix that? Thanks
    Don't use the Tutorial you used to implement mid-battle trainer dialogues. This breaks EBS. Use the built in functionality for that instead.

I'm having an issue with the Intimidate ability, were the animation is playing before the ability panel shows up. Is this normal? If it is, is there a way to change it so that the panel shows before the stat animation happens.
    • Ability messages[BETA]
      Now ... this is still an ongoing experiment of mine. Since the system has to remain user friendly and completely plug-n-play, the way these ability messages work will not be identical to the main games. For example, due to the way Essentials plays the StatDown animation before displaying the message for Intimidate, you'll be greeted with the animation first and then the message here as well. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do when it comes to that, without re-writing a significant chunk of code behaviour in vanilla Essentials. Also, I'm just one dude, so I haven't tested out all the possible ability messages, so if something is not popping up when it should, or is popping up when it shouldn't, let me know.

i also found out that hall of fame and trainer card's trainer sprite is a whole sheet rather than a animated/static sprite and also after that sun&moon style pre-battle animation it only shows the last frame of opposing trainer.
    For 1.) Not really my concern.
    For 2.) This is intentional behaviour. It's there to speed up the whole battle start up process.

With me is giving an error when I try to open the positioner or when I enter battle in the game, says that it is missing the sprite of the pokémon, I do not understand what the reason for this error, I need help.
    Keep a track of the changelog. The positioner was updated to accommodate the 4.3 update.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2017
    Not by default. You'd have to look into the def vsSequenceSM_start and change things around to pass the parameters for the wild species you're battling. Nice thing is, EBS caches the current species you're battling in $wildSpecies.
    One of my dev tried to do this previously without any results. The code keep treating the wild Pokémon as a trainer. He thought that he should modify the original Essentials battle script.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2017
    Animated Shadow Sprites not working

Hello, I'm relatively new to using Pokemon Essentials, but I have downloaded and installed the Elite Battle System along into my game. It came with animated sprites for pokemon and I wanted versions for the shadow pokemon as well. So all i did was take an old sprite and change the color saturation till I was satisfied but now the animation is off center. It still animates but it is in the wrong position. If you could tell me how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin
      Capture.PNG
      76.4 KB · Views: 22
    Years
  • Elite battle system error

Hello community,

I installed today the Elite battle system but got following error when launching the game:

Spoiler:

I hope you can help me fixing this error.

Years
  • Fixed the problem. Seems like the game doesn't include the move Highjumpkick, so I removed all HIGHJUMPKICKs from the pokemon.txt file and now it works.

Greetings.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Hopefully you're not trying to run EBS on a Essentials version lower than 15.x, and hopefully you're not careless enough to have used the wrong version of pokemon.txt included in EBS's Resource Pack. One being for v16.x of Essentials and one being for v15.x.

Years
  • Thanks for your replies.

Hopefully you're not trying to run EBS on a Essentials version lower than 15.x, and hopefully you're not careless enough to have used the wrong version of pokemon.txt included in EBS's Resource Pack. One being for v16.x of Essentials and one being for v15.x.

I am using Essentials v16.2 and copied the text from the v16 pokemon.txt file.

In some moves.txt versions the internal name of the move is "HIJUMPKICK", so try replacing "HIGHJUMPKICK" with "HIJUMPKICK".

True, it's HIJUMPKICK in moves.txt. This should fix my problem now. Just removing the move wasn't good from me. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Ok. So how exactly do I fix this? Which size do the sprite need?
    I am obviously dumb. But I don't care because I have no problem with it.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Ok. So how exactly do I fix this? Which size do the sprite need?
    I am obviously dumb. But I don't care because I have no problem with it.
    K. I have no problem with your sprites being cut off. If you don't want to read the instructions I have both in the thread on the forum or on my page; there is no point in me writing that same information here. Chances are, you won't read it again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Hmm ok. Then I just give up. Don't want to read it or invest more time in this.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Is there a way to move only the shadow underneath the Pokémon? I've imported the gen 7 models, but they were pretty low so I moved them up (talking about ally position here), but the shadow stays quite low. Is there an easy fix or workaround for that?

Back