• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Entertaining Chit-Chat (sportsproof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • Megadeth and Scorpions are coming to Florida this year... I really want to go, but have no one to go with. Does anyone have good ideas on how to convince someone to go with me?

pkmin3033

Megadeth and Scorpions are coming to Florida this year... I really want to go, but have no one to go with. Does anyone have good ideas on how to convince someone to go with me?
    Nobody should ever need convincing to go to something like that!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Nobody should ever need convincing to go to something like that!

If only that was true! Megadeth and Scorpions aren't my favorite bands (Megadeth is in my top 10 and Scorpions are just really, really fun to listen to), but its kind of a once in a lifetime thing to see them in concert together, so I really want to go. Unfortunately people dont share my obviously superior taste in music.

Years
  • Megadeth and Scorpions are coming to Florida this year... I really want to go, but have no one to go with. Does anyone have good ideas on how to convince someone to go with me?

You gotta expose people to the music to get them used to it.

Or you gotta make it worth their while. Make 'em an offer they can't refuse. Like a bet. Tell them that you'll pay for the ticket, but if they have a good time they'll have to pay you back.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • You gotta expose people to the music to get them used to it.

Or you gotta make it worth their while. Make 'em an offer they can't refuse. Like a bet. Tell them that you'll pay for the ticket, but if they have a good time they'll have to pay you back.

Im not too good at persuasion, so introducing people to the music may be slightly difficult. They will listen to what they want to listen to. Im the same way- I have to force myself to listen to music suggestions.

Ill totally buy the other person's tickets. I think you are right- I'm gonna have to offer some incentives.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Suggestions rarely do us any favors; rather, I would play the music when they're around. If we feel it's something they would enjoy, chances are, they will.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What the Zebstrika said c: If you expose it to them, and there's a chance they'll like it, they'll eventually catch onto it. If they really just don't like it, then they simply won't.

Btw we've got the Books prefix back in E&M now (since nobody used it in FF&W). Does anybody, uh, read? My dad thinks I read too little so he dumped some books onto me and said Read Them, They Are Good so I guess I will ahah. This particular trilogy is called Stjärnklart, Stjärnfall and Stjärndamm and they are obviously Swedish and about something apocalypse aliens something soemthing. Might be cool.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I used to read a lot in my teens. I still enjoy it, but I don't read nearly as much now. Sometimes I'll find a series I really get into, but then I'll go back to reading at a slower pace again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah I used to read a lot in my early teens. I guess then I discovered the internet lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've been spending my summer so far reading General System Theory by Ludwig von Bertalanffy; in brief, the book formulates laws that apply to all scientific fields. I will have to start working on my PhD thesis soon, and I believe this will help giving me a better foundation, ahah.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There is a book sitting on my shelf with a bookmark in it that I haven't read since January of last year.

Years
  • There are at least 6 books I've started reading that I haven't picked up in over a month.

But I am reading another right now: The Chain of Chance by Stanisław Lem. Never read anything from him before. The book is a little strange and confusing to start with, dropping you into a story without really telling you what it's doing or where it's going. The writing is okay though. Might read more from him in the future.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Some books are better than their movies, but some movies are just so much more comfortable to watch than their book origins. Like Lord of the Rings...

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Not entirely thread worthy, yet.

Entertaining Chit-Chat (sportsproof!)

Now just announce the name.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    all the books i've read recently have been for school. except The Keys by Dj Khaled. i also plan to read Gucci Mane's autobiography when it comes out in september.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • all the books i've read recently have been for school. except The Keys by Dj Khaled. i also plan to read Gucci Mane's autobiography when it comes out in september.

How was the book by DJ Khaled? He seems like a really cool guy outside of his music so I'm sure it was a good read.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    How was the book by DJ Khaled? He seems like a really cool guy outside of his music so I'm sure it was a good read.

It was great! He's a super down to earth man, and though some of his advice is a bit funny, outside of the meme he's really a great dude with a great story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back