• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Fair enough the strong and agile system would be cool along with either the in menu move selection thing or just allowing pokemon to learn more moves. But its understandable that youll want a break no one wants a burn out

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.0.8)
    • Fixed a bug that would cause crashes with certain Battle Facility features.
    • Added new miscellaneous code in preparation for future plugin releases.

If you are using the ZUD Plugin, please update that plugin to its latest version (v1.0.5) as well.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.0.9)
    Apologies for the back to back updates, but it's come to my attention that the version I released yesterday accidentally included some out-of-date files that didn't actually do what the patch notes said they would do. I've rectified this with this update so that all the appropriate files are now updated. I've also made some final tweaks in preparation for the release of a new plugin.

• Reuploaded files included in the 1.0.8 update that were accidentally uploaded in an out of date state.
    • Made further tweaks to the compiler in preparation of the release of the Improved Field Skills plugin.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Major Update (v1.1)
    Apologies for yet another update, but im preparing to release a new plugin, which means it's time to yet again update Essentials Deluxe for compatibility purposes.
    If you are using my Improved Field Skills plugin, you must also update that plugin to v1.0.1.

• Updated compiler and other miscellaneous code in preparation for the release of the Legendary Breeding plugin.
    • Moved around some code so that the Improved Field Skills plugin is compatible with future plugins I release.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    I may be blind at some point, but I have some trouble initializing a battle:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.4]

Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `draw_background' for #<Battle::Scene::PokemonDataBox>

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Databoxes.rb:87:in `refresh'
    192:Battle_Scene_Objects:38:in `initialize'
    188:Scene_Initialize:80:in `new'
    188:Scene_Initialize:80:in `block in pbInitSprites'
    188:Scene_Initialize:78:in `each'
    188:Scene_Initialize:78:in `each_with_index'
    188:Scene_Initialize:78:in `pbInitSprites'
    221:BugContestBattle:8:in `pbInitSprites'
    188:Scene_Initialize:21:in `pbStartBattle'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:282:in `pbStartBattleCore'

I installed the latest version of Essentials Deluxe yesterday. Since that day I can't enter battle. Posting this in case someone can help, but I am still figuring out.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I may be blind at some point, but I have some trouble initializing a battle:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.4]

Message: undefined local variable or method `draw_background' for #<Battle::Scene::PokemonDataBox>

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Databoxes.rb:87:in `refresh'
    192:Battle_Scene_Objects:38:in `initialize'
    188:Scene_Initialize:80:in `new'
    188:Scene_Initialize:80:in `block in pbInitSprites'
    188:Scene_Initialize:78:in `each'
    188:Scene_Initialize:78:in `each_with_index'
    188:Scene_Initialize:78:in `pbInitSprites'
    221:BugContestBattle:8:in `pbInitSprites'
    188:Scene_Initialize:21:in `pbStartBattle'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:282:in `pbStartBattleCore'

I installed the latest version of Essentials Deluxe yesterday. Since that day I can't enter battle. Posting this in case someone can help, but I am still figuring out.

What other plugins/modifications have you installed? Because the error isn't actually pointing to something in Essentials Deluxe. It's saying that the draw_background method doesn't exist in your base Essentials code, which it most certainly does unless you've heavily modified the battle databoxes to where this code was removed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I think there is a small bug... When I give a item/move item from the Pokémon menu the game do this!
    And btw I have only the hotfix 1.4 and your plugin 1.1.
    Also this a fresh ver of Es and both plugins.

Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    What other plugins/modifications have you installed? Because the error isn't actually pointing to something in Essentials Deluxe. It's saying that the draw_background method doesn't exist in your base Essentials code, which it most certainly does unless you've heavily modified the battle databoxes to where this code was removed.

That's weird. I was missing a whole bunch of codes defining overlay icons etc. in Battle_Scene_Objects.
    Well, I got it to work now. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think there is a small bug... When I give a item/move item from the Pokémon menu the game do this!
    And btw I have only the hotfix 1.4 and your plugin 1.1.
    Also this a fresh ver of Es and both plugins.

Found the issue. It has to do with the compatibility update for the Improved Field Skills plugin. It's an easy fix, I'll update it in the next version I release.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    So I am able to get my battle to start but as soon as both trainers send out their pokemon this error message pops up.

Message: undefined local variable or method `idxTrainer' for #<Battle::Scene>

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:46:in `block in dx_midbattle'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:37:in `each'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:37:in `dx_midbattle'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:118:in `pbCommandPhase'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:334:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
    012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:334:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `loop'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `pbBattleLoop'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:314:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So I am able to get my battle to start but as soon as both trainers send out their pokemon this error message pops up.

Message: undefined local variable or method `idxTrainer' for #<Battle::Scene>

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:46:in `block in dx_midbattle'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:37:in `each'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Main.rb:37:in `dx_midbattle'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:118:in `pbCommandPhase'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:334:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
    012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:334:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `loop'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:322:in `pbBattleLoop'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:314:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Found the issue. Next update will fix this.

Years
  • The installation says that you have to start a new game after adding this plugin. Could I ask what specifically makes save files from base Essentials 20.1 incompatible with this plugin? I'm wondering if I couldn't make a save conversion that would allow save files to be carried over. Are there more variables that need to be set at the start? Is the Pokemon data structure modified? etc.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The installation says that you have to start a new game after adding this plugin. Could I ask what specifically makes save files from base Essentials 20.1 incompatible with this plugin? I'm wondering if I couldn't make a save conversion that would allow save files to be carried over. Are there more variables that need to be set at the start? Is the Pokemon data structure modified? etc.

The plugin rewrites how Pokedex forms are structured and saved to allow for G-Max forms to be registered in the dex when ZUD is installed. That's pretty much the only reason.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.1.1)

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when returning to the field after equipping or removing an item from a Pokemon through the party menu.
    • Fixed a bug that would cause a crash only if setting midbattle trainer speech as a string or an array, rather than as part of a hash.
    • Fixed an error that would make it so that effects that apply to one side of the field wouldn't be set on the correct party when setting it as part of a midbattle hash.
    • Thoroughly updated the plugin compiler to allow for greater flexibility in setting flags and other data.
    • Thoroughly updated the Fight Menu edits to allow for new features included in other plugins.
    • Revamped all battle-related code in preparation for the release of the PLA Battle Styles plugin.
    • You may now set a wild Pokemon's :mastery to "true" in order to force all of its known moves to be mastered. (PLA Battle Styles plugin)
    • Spruced up the trainer dialogue animation to appear more like how it does in the MidBattle Dialogue plugin.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Hi! I absolutely love this plugin, but I've noticed something that has been bugging me. Whenever I use this plugin with Gen V Summary Pack DX, the status icons seem to be mixed up when looking at them from the Party and the Summary screens. Is it possible I installed something wrong?

Attachments

• Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]
      Screenshot 2022-10-07 214336.png
      41.7 KB · Views: 9
    • Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]
      Screenshot 2022-10-07 214256.png
      36.3 KB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! I absolutely love this plugin, but I've noticed something that has been bugging me. Whenever I use this plugin with Gen V Summary Pack DX, the status icons seem to be mixed up when looking at them from the Party and the Summary screens. Is it possible I installed something wrong?

Ive noticed that too, I assumed it was an issue with that plugin.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Ahhh alright... It's probably my best bet to not use it, then. Thank you for your help! I love your content! <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Oh, really? I'm just starting to learn how to do this kind of stuff, so I'm just going to stick without the Summary Screen! Thank you for your help, and I love your content! :)

Back