• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever been banned?

Years
    I did get banned from a few places in the past due to me being a stupid noob. First time, Bulbagarden. I was so crazy I didn't notice I kept double-posting everywhere. I was also once kicked out of PC itself for 2 weeks in June 2011 (which was during a Get-Together nonetheless) because I was posting stuff that was nothing put pointless, and I also for complaining about mods power-abusing me.

However, I have overcome most of my noob state by now so I'm not as much of a troublemaker as I used to be. Never got banned from anywhere else though.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I've been banned on EGC.

Multiple times.

Probably been banned the most number of times there without being perma'd.

Toutebelle

Banned
    Years
    I've been banned lots of times. I was banned from Serebii because I was sick of the elitist attitude of many of the users and protested their policies - plus I decided to troll them. I also got banned from my original Yahoo Answers account for trolling.

The biggest ban I've had was from Behind the Name. I constantly argued with the users, and made ridiculous comments that got them pissed off. I often thought the names that they liked were stupid, and when I wanted to find names for my stories, the suggestions they gave were stupid. The people there seriously think that all American parents these days give their kids names like Nevaeh, Jayden, Khloe, and Bentley, and that hoity-toity names like Hero, Tybalt, Venetia, Leander, Cressida, and Xanthe are popular in the UK (I've met many British people at camp and NONE of them had names like that). The users are overwhelmingly left-wing, and most of them are die-hard feminists. Some of them are also *** hags. They also overturned double standards - one British user thought it was okay for teenage boys to wear skirts (ick) but not okay for them to wear shorts (this is 2013, not 1900 - teenagers and adults wear shorts too). They were also very hostile to the fact that I didn't like Harry Potter and wasn't into literature. But a lot of it was my fault too - I was younger then, and I made tons of anti-Muslim, anti-European, anti-African, and anti-gay comments (I was a lot more racist back then than I am now). After my first account was banned, I created a fake account pretending to be a black girl named Aisha, and surely enough, I got banned after constantly rambling about William Zabka. I'm probably now Behind the Name's most legendary troll - I think I beat out some stupid girl from Finland who caused chaos there before I joined.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    So far I haven't been banned on Pokemon forums (got 2 warnings on Bulbapedia)....

If I can remember almost 10 years ago I think I got banned on a music forum for talking (actually posting) trash about Rap music, I was young back then wasn't too mature (so I deserve it, even today I hate Rap won't say anything bad about it, I'll keep it to myself)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'm such a stickler for the rules that I have never been banned from any community on the Internet. Never got in any sort of trouble at all because I like to keep my head down and keep out of trouble.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I was banned once on TV.com for suggesting somebody Google an illegal download... which is apparently against the rules, as I found out the hard way :P

Years
    The only things I ever remember being banned from were IRC channels back when I was total annoying nooblet (I'm talking like when I first got on the net years and years ago). I know those aren't sites, but as for actual sites, I don't recall ever getting banned or even closed to banned on any I've been on. I tend to keep to myself and not cause problems, so. :X Usually no reason for me to be banned at all.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Ugh, bans. Not this again.

Well, I was banned some years ago when I can't stand the bullies in school and pushed to my limit, and I find it the hard time. Since then I try my hardest to follow the rules, but at the same time I'm slowly become closed to almost everyone because I don't want to cause more trouble, back then, to the point that I'm ready to be dealt with if I made even a little mistake. I'm glad that joining in here makes me to start changing my perspective that I overcome most of these right now.

Years
    One temporary infraction for breaking the signature rules worth a point. And one warning for a spam post. That's all I ever got here. And that was ages ago. Like 4 years ago. Been clean since.

As for other forums - nope.jpg. I'm far too careful to ever get even a single scratch. I adapt myself according to the community. I swear and cuss like a sailor on narutoforums and keep myself on a leash here. :p

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, I've only been on 3 forums (Pokecommunity included) and I've never been banned for anything. One time I was close, but that's it.

Years
    Yes, but not here. I've been banned on a couple of old clan forums (five or six years ago) because I left them to join other clans. I was vilified and called a traitor. xD

I also got banned on the official WWE Universe forums when I made a thread about Chris Benoit. They shut the forums down three years ago though. =/

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Well, I kept getting infractions on a forum for expressing my opinion, and defending myself against a person, who was constantly dissing me on my own threads. She always started arguments, but due to the fact that she was close with the admins, I got blamed in the end, thus having my account permanently banned.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Nope never been banned from any forums but i have many infractions here. ;-;

Back