• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever made a team around a specific theme?

Years
Have you ever made a Pokémon team based around a certain theme? Such as colors, foods, animals (all cats or dogs, for example), just Pokémon with stripes, etc? What kinds of themes were they, and do you remmeber what you had on your team?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, did a Monkey playthrough once :)
Mowerpetal (Rillaboom)
Ozaru (Infernape)
Neander (Primeape)
Koboshi (Darmanitan Galar)
Endor (Ambipom)
Yggdrasil (Oranguru)

It was in a fan game, not sure if that team would be actually possible in the official games.

Tempted to do a Dinosaur playthrough some day, but haven't figured out what could be a good game for that since a full dino team seems pretty difficult to make.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
No. Themed names and challenges before, but never the Pokemon themselves. Would not be against the idea.

Years
i... actually haven't, now that i've given it some thought. how i've always structured teams is usually "do i like this pokemon enough? sure i'll take it". lmao

Years
I'm doing a playthrough in Sun atm with only single stage mons. But idk if not being able to evolve counts as a theme.
If not then no. I do want to do an Ice type only playthrough still, but dunno if a type restriction counts as a theme either.

I usually slap my team together on the fly, based just on what designs I like, as long as there's no type overlap.

Years
I'm doing a playthrough in Sun atm with only single stage mons. But idk if not being able to evolve counts as a theme.

I absolutely count it! Tried this in X some years ago and could barely get through Parfum Palace because Espurr, Fennekin, and Pancham were just...super tough to use at that point.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Yes, I do challenges all the time.

I mostly do Monotypes (all Pokémon have the same type) but occasionally I'll do something a bit different like (all unevolved Pokémon) or stuff like that.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
I'm not sure if this counts, but I have built an only Dragon-type team when being challenged by my friend, who had the idea that we battle each other with only Dragon-type Pokémon. I also did build a team with only "cute" fully-evolved Pokémon, but I'm not too sure if that counts either. That's probably the closest thing that I had to an actual "theme."

Back