• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explorers of the Sky

Main Colour?

• Total voters

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Is the day/night for a specific timezone or does it vary for every users setting?

It goes by the time on your computer, so if it's 3pm where you're at, it will show the "day" background, and vice-versa for the "night" background. It isn't based on a universal time; it's based off of the current time that your computer is set to. :3

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oh wow, a day and night theme!? That would be awesome to see! Hehe, I can see it now, it will be 12pm where I am and it will show the day theme. When it is 8pm it will show night, wow! Pretty, pretty cool. Hopefully it won't be too hard for you do get that in there.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    *bump*

I wanted to also reveal something exclusive to this theme. Not really huge or anything, but it's nice; I think.

While using this style during the day (6:00 AM to 7:59PM) you will see it like this:
    https://i44.tinypic.com/2ue3380.png

While using this style during the night (8:00 PM to 5:59AM) you will see it like this:
    https://i42.tinypic.com/k4i39v.png

The challenge will be creating the main colours and gradients to match both backgrounds and such. :(
    Also had to reduce the top bar due to certain complications.
    Oh my mother Mantine Arceus. That is so cool! Seriously, it's made of win. [/constructiveindeed] And maybe it'll make the dark theme lovers come on at night, sprucing up PC-nightly activity~ XD

It's worth repeating...
    "Don't drop that one or a keeel you, 'kay? =D"

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    *bump*

I wanted to also reveal something exclusive to this theme. Not really huge or anything, but it's nice; I think.

While using this style during the day (6:00 AM to 7:59PM) you will see it like this:
    https://i44.tinypic.com/2ue3380.png

While using this style during the night (8:00 PM to 5:59AM) you will see it like this:
    https://i42.tinypic.com/k4i39v.png

The challenge will be creating the main colours and gradients to match both backgrounds and such. :(
    Also had to reduce the top bar due to certain complications.

Good god that's absolutely awesome o_o

Why are we getting all the great themes in a row lately? XD

Lover's Kite

Years
    Thanks for the comments, guys. :3

Also I'm having a bit of difficult time selecting colours for the main forum content:
    Explorers of the Sky

What do you think? Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    The green cogs throw me off. The orange and blue is eye pleasing, but I'm not feeling how the blue section looks to be caving in and the orange looks like it's popping out. As for the cogs though, even just a brighter green would look nice, I think.

Lover's Kite

Years
    The blue isn't part of the style. :x
    It's the default vBulletin colours.

As for the cogs, that's the "forum_old" icon.

Forum Old
    Explorers of the Sky

Forum New
    Explorers of the Sky

Last edited:

Lover's Kite

Years
    Also updated the timeframe for the changing backgrounds.

"Morning" background
    6:00am-8:59am

"Day" background
    9:00am-5:59pm

"Dusk" background
    6:00pm-7:59pm

"Night" background
    8:00pm-5:59am

The "Morning" and "Dusk" background are the same, because well they share similarities.
    Here's the how it looks for "Morning" and "Dusk":
    Explorers of the Sky
    Click thumbnail to view

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Also updated the timeframe for the changing backgrounds.

"Morning" background
    6:00am-8:59am

"Day" background
    9:00am-5:59pm

"Dusk" background
    6:00pm-7:59pm

"Night" background
    8:00pm-5:59am

The "Morning" and "Dusk" background are the same, because well they share similarities.
    Here's the how it looks for "Morning" and "Dusk":
    Explorers of the Sky
    Click thumbnail to view
    shouldn't the bg be 'reversed' for morning VS dusk? i.e. the sun on the opposite side.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The blue isn't part of the style. :x
    It's the default vBulletin colours.

As for the cogs, that's the "forum_old" icon.

Forum Old
    Explorers of the Sky

Forum New
    Explorers of the Sky

I feel that the Forum New color should be blue, because it makes more sense, seeing as that the original color of the Time Gears in the game were a blueish color around that lightish tone as well.

Lover's Kite

Years
    Oh, well, I like the cogs and I want to keep the blue. :D
    wat...

shouldn't the bg be 'reversed' for morning VS dusk? i.e. the sun on the opposite side.
    Yeah I know. ^^; I was kinda lazy with that, but I'm redoing some backgrounds~

I feel that the Forum New color should be blue, because it makes more sense, seeing as that the original color of the Time Gears in the game were a blueish color around that lightish tone as well.
    Blue?
    We have enough blue, a little bit of green won't hurt. :D

Back