• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

f0rum L4ngu4ag3

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    As long as it's understandable I guess I'm okay with it. I personally try to write ... decently I guess?
    Also I am pretty bad with the emoticons xD I have moments when I tend to over use xD or :3 a lot, then I go back through the whole post to see if I didn't use it toooooo much. That's pretty inclusive of the "haha" too.
    I don't know how to explain, but it kinda transfers from facebook where I feel somewhat emotionless when I talk to people without using them so I've gained a bad habit of using them.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    I 4lW4y5 U2e pR0pEr 9r4Mm4R 4nD Punc7u47I0n, 4nd 4Lw4y5 5pelL 7HIN95 K0RreC7ly. I7 4C7U4lLy 8U95 meH iF I d0n'7.

Spoiler:

(l33tspeak is hard to type)

Gr8 m8 I r8 10/10
    I try to use proper grammar as well, I will edit my post if I notice something wrong, but usually I just don't notice

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Gr8 m8 I r8 10/10
    I try to use proper grammar as well, I will edit my post if I notice something wrong, but usually I just don't notice

I think it should be
    Gr8 m8 I r8 8/8

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Even if I did make a spelling mistake, I wouldn't notice, because I'd read it the way it's supposed to be spelled. It's hard to explain. dyslexia pls Like, I tend to miss letters, even whole fucking words, switch around letters, etc. However, I still try to keep my spelling and grammar at a decent level. I love learning languages, and writing properly is part of the fun.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Although I don't have the best grammar in the world, I am pretty paranoid about it, especially when it comes to comma splices. Whenever I get paranoid about a comma splice, I would end up reducing a large, wordy sentence into two chunkier, but grammatically correct sentences.

My biggest pet peeve is when I accidentally skip a very short word (such as "a") and not notice it even after proofreading, because my brain would be reciting the sentence from memory, rather than from what my eyes see on the screen.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I will use proper grammar no matter what I'm doing. If I'm on a forum, then definitely yes, chat rooms are where I'm more lenient on mistakes, but texting is another thing that I have to have absolutely right. I'll end the occasional sentence with a "haha", but it's almost always at the end of a paragraph, and I tend to only use it once per post. I used to use smileys, but I shifted away from them, as I didn't like the way they looked on my posts. On other people's it's completely fine, but for some reason, I don't enjoy them.

If someone else doesn't use proper grammar, I don't hold it to them. The only way I will is if they have a complete disregard for any grammar. There have been a few members on here that use no grammar at all, and I tended to look down on them. None of them have posted recently, so if you're reading this, don't worry, it's not you.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Grammar's all fun and games. I make mine pretty because I'm a neat-freak about it.

I seriously wrote an application to beautify quotation marks and ellipses and things and wrap a font tag around it. That's how much I care about how my posts look.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't like smileys, but I use them a lot 8D I do my best when it comes to grammar, but apparently I still have much to learn.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I tend to overuse emoticons (and the unforgettable P: emoticon, people remember me for my licking-eyeball emoticon) and "haha", but for "haha" I really tend to put it in the end of sentences that is supposedly making fun of myself. I weird and stuff like that haha.

Grammar is something I pay attention too, but hey, I'm a non-English English-speaker so don't expect much from me.

8u7 l3375p34k i5 0u7 0f 7h3 qu35710n. And excessive punctuation marks!!! Like why???????? Why would you do that????!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I am not too serious on capitalisation because I usually type lying down on the couch resting on one arm so I tend to use only my middle finger and small (I do usually capitalise I unless i am lazy) I try to avoid grammar pitfalls but some may run un noticed. (ESL)

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    It depends how I feel. On forums I tend to use proper grammar/spelling, but sometimes I do get lazy :P
    and i start typing like this without really caring about capitalizing and all that hehe

Years
    I don't give an actual **** about my grammar because I think it's in the "alright" zone. This is the fricking Internet, after all.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    of course, i check when i write. i never use capital letters (as you can tell haha). i try my best to make sure what i say makes sense.

Back